Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-05-22, 6:18pm
da General

Default Silver Color How To Booklet

This ebook is now available on our online store for $5:

http://shop.envisionsf.com/category/ebook-and-tutorials
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2012-04-16 at 8:40am. Reason: update info
Old 2007-05-22, 6:45pm
da General

I forgot to mention that the pdf is 72 dpi (low res) and the hard copy will be 300 dpi (high res).

Thanks!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-05-22, 7:00pm
dances with ideas...

Hayyley, that is way cool! It looks beautifully laid out, full of specific details, and thanks for including torch info!!

Old 2007-05-22, 7:01pm

Wow Hayley how very nice of you to share this with us. Thank you so much.

Join the Army of Women to fight Breast Cancer. Click
Old 2007-05-22, 7:25pm
formerly Marella

Hayley, it was so tremendously nice of you to put this together. Now I just have to get some R4 glass to try it all out!!

Thanks so much!

~
~
~
Old 2007-05-22, 7:25pm
da General

For those who have already downloaded the booklet - Kimberly uses a Barracuda and not Cheetah - I typed it in wrong! Will correct it tomorrow!

Thanks, Patty.

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-05-22, 7:33pm
frm Kronos to Kairos time

Hayley,
What a great resource from you and the contributing artists! Thank you for your hard work and your generousity in sharing!
Old 2007-05-22, 8:58pm
Redheaded Thread Killer

Thank you so much for sharing this with us Hayley!!!!! It looks awesome.

=)

Currently... torch is cold. Not sure when I'll be making glass again. Hothead and Lynx user.
Nothing on
Old 2007-05-22, 9:19pm

Wow! Great information. Thank you for sharing it with us. It seems like I've been in a slump but your booklet has inspired me to go try some more with my silver glass. I appreciate the inspiration!
Peace,
Grady
Old 2007-05-22, 10:40pm

Hayley has done a terriffic job with this booklet! Here's a round of applause to say Thank You for all the time and talent that Hayley has given for this
Great Job Hayley
Carol

Old 2007-05-22, 11:10pm
da General

Carol,

You are making me blush! LOL! Thank YOU for participating and making this booklet possible to share with everyone!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-05-23, 11:24am
da General

I will get the booklets out by the end of this week!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-05-26, 12:19am

[b]thank you very much hayley and all the others for your hard work, i'm going to have a lot to read and try-outs. it look great ,beautiful pics clear explanation and so on

again THANKS
astrid
Old 2007-05-31, 9:44am

Hayley,
My booklet came today and WOW. You have done an incredible job with this! I think this is going to be a valuable resource for all of us, it's packed full of info, beautifully done, great colors etc.
For anyone who has not seen this booklet, either in hard copy or PDF format, I highly recommend checking it out.
Thanks again,
Carol

Old 2007-05-31, 9:55am

Wow, thank you so much for the booklet! So packed with information and inspiration! Thanks again!
Verena

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2007-05-31, 10:52am
da General

Thank you! Glad you like it - happy torching!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-05-31, 1:57pm

It must have been fate, I received my book today along with my shipment of R4 glass!! Beautiful book nicely done.
Thanks
Old 2007-05-31, 2:06pm

You should definately have a donation button on your page. I don't need a hard copy but I sure would put a few bucks in a tip jar for all your work!

Thanks,
~R
Old 2007-05-31, 4:07pm

Hayley-Got my book today and only had a few seconds to flip through so far, but: I LOVE IT!!!!! Noticed the last page had not only the bead creator's name, but also which torch they were using and what their settings were. What more could a person ask for????!!!!!! Can't wait to jump in and see what else is in there! Thanks a million! Beautifully done!!!

Old 2007-06-03, 9:09pm

sweet
Old 2007-06-03, 11:59pm
da General

Thank you, everyone, for the kind praises. I am glad we can share some of the tips and techniques from all the participants of the Silver Color Exchange! It's definitely not just my effort but the effort of everyone who took the time to put down how they worked their silver glass!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-06-04, 4:35am
Venus Nocturne

Thank you from the Australian contingent!!!

Old 2007-06-05, 1:30am

Thanks I am glad to see HH can use this glass.may have to buy some. Tanks again, regards Fiona

Old 2007-06-05, 5:19am

I haven't purchased any of this glass yet, but your booklet looks so great, I think I'm going to have to give it a try sometime soon. Thanks for all your hard work!!!
Old 2007-06-08, 12:29pm
da General

I am back from vacation and made more booklets. Got two extra available for anyone who is interested!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-06-20, 2:17pm
da General

bump – so you can access the link to the booklet pdf.

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-06-20, 2:38pm
On the flippity flop

How very cool, Hayley. Thank you to you and everyone else that contributed.

Jeannette

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2007-06-20, 2:45pm
da General

You are very welcome, Jeannette. Thought I needed to give this a bump since it was lost on page 4!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-06-20, 4:39pm

Hayley,
The book is great, so much good info. Well done! Is there any kiln temp information? For instance with the Terra and how it should be fired at a lower temperature... and any others that might have a similar reaction. Sorry if I missed any of this in the book. thanks again for all the hard work that went into this.
Candy
Old 2007-06-20, 4:57pm
da General

Candy -

The only person who listed the annealing time and temp was David, if memory serves. This booklet came out just when Terra was released so that was not even a topic at the time. Perhaps it's something to add for the next Silver Color Exchange and How To - hope you will be able to join! I think I will host round 2 in August/September.

|
|
|
|