Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-06-07, 12:08am

Default Help! I need a good green.

Every year the therapeutic school that my son attended for 2 1/2 years holds a silent auction in the fall. This is one of the schools biggest fund raisers every year, and brings in a substantial amount of $$. For the past 2 years, I've made charm bracelets with my lampwork beads and charms that have special meaning for many of the boys at LKS. To my great delight, these bracelets have been a huge success at the silent auctions, selling for well over $500 each - which is way more than I could ever hope to be able to afford to donate in cash. This year the school would like to use one of my bracelets as a "featured" item, with a picture in the brochure, and take pre-auction bids off the school website. While I'm thrilled with this, it means I have to have something done by the end of this month and not by October when the auction itself is. I need suggestions for a good green to use for my base bead. I used the Lauscha tri-color green the first year, and last year used a pale emerald with white enamel and green frit over it. The school colors are Green and White so I would like to try and stick with that color scheme. Any suggestions? I've been trolling all the glass sites and nothing has really hit my fancy to this point, so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

These are the bracelets from the past 2 years.
Thanks
Carol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-06-07, 12:16am
Venus Nocturne

If you haven't tried it the CIM glass peacock green is a beautiful transparent pale emerald green. It would look beautiful on it's own with fine silver wrapped around it. Or look just as well wrapped over ivory. Another favourite is Vetrofond "wheat" green. It is a pale opaque green, that works well with white and cream tones.

Old 2007-06-07, 12:19am
Entropy increasing....

How about dark green filligriana? Or petroleum green which will look like Malachite.
Old 2007-06-07, 1:10am

I love Ornela Bohemia (czech glass) darkgreen Nr. 5324. It looks like Malachite when worked. I made some beads with it:

The bead in the bottom right corner was made with a twistie in white and this green. On all the other beads I have used this green as well.
Verena

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2007-06-07, 10:07am

If one is going for malachite...super easy method:

Iris green frit (riechenbach) on top of straw yellow or transparent brown. Pull twisties. Lay on black. Lightly encase.

I've got way cool handmade bags for sale in the Garage Sale area for a buck each!
Old 2007-06-07, 10:17am
The Andrea Half

I also like CIM's Celadon. Evilglass, those beads are beautiful!!!

Old 2007-06-07, 11:07am

Any idea where can I get the Ornela dk green glass from? And yeah, Evilglass, those are lovely - I may give that a try.
Carol

Old 2007-06-07, 11:37am

Hi!
I know that jodelglass http://jodelglass.com/shopsite_sc/st...ml/page90.html has Ornela, but I couln't find the dark green, only the lighter one.
Verena

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2007-06-07, 11:52am

try here for the ornela. It's check glass-Jodel renamed it ornela.

http://www.checkglass.com/index.php?...24&act=viewCat

Not necessarily compatable with moretti, I understand. The fellow who runs that site has the COEs of many of the colors, I believe, on there.

I've never heard anything bad about this site...unlike the other one mentioned.

And thanks for the compliments

I've got way cool handmade bags for sale in the Garage Sale area for a buck each!

Last edited by evilglass; 2007-06-07 at 11:53am. Reason: .