Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-07-08, 1:43pm
Obsessed Blogger

Default Need Eyeballs Again...different site...

Hi again everyone. I need a spot check again. Someone told me that the watch me create blog has pictures and text overlapping and I don't know what to do because I can't see it and no one else says they see it that way. Can you check and let me know? If there are more that can't see it I'm going to have to look into changing the template or moving to my own server.

Help Please!!

If you do see the overlapping, can you let me know what operating system you're using and screen resolution if you know it. Thank you SO much!

Watch Me Create Team Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-07-08, 1:53pm
On the flippity flop

I don't see any overlapping.

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2007-07-08, 2:08pm

Very cool site Lori.

Not sure if this is what they are referring to, but I do see one overlapping text on top of photo. I did a screen shot of it so you can see. Maybe you meant for it to be like that though, not sure. Hopefully you can tell in the photo since I had to reduce it. I'm using Windows XP with Internet Explorer and 1024 x 768.

Last edited by JoyceMI; 2007-07-08 at 2:10pm.
Old 2007-07-08, 2:34pm

I see exactly what JoyceMI sees. I'm using XP Home and IE 6. Screen resolution is 1024 X 768.
Old 2007-07-08, 6:49pm
Obsessed Blogger

Thanks Joyce! That's exactly what I needed to see! Now, what to do? I think it might be a wordpress issue with a new template.

Off to try and figure it out.

Old 2007-07-08, 6:53pm
On the flippity flop

I just checked again from Opera and it is just fine for me. No overlap at all. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I thought I would add what browser I was on.

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2007-07-08, 6:57pm
In search of her path....

I think its a fantastic website. Love how it is layed out , navigation and the content is great too...Everything is loading great for me on a laptop with XP media center edition and netscape 8.0 or better

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2007-07-08, 6:59pm
In search of her path....

if you are seeing overlapping text like that you may need to upgrade your browser and download the new one. Some of the older browsers do not support some of the newer coding and what not that people are doing on websites now.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2007-07-08, 7:11pm
Obsessed Blogger

I hope that's the answer, Karin! I like it when I don't have to take care of things extra.

Until then, I tried a bit of code, here is a link to the post that Joyce showed. Still overlapping?

Old 2007-07-08, 7:23pm

You must have fixed it Lori. I looked again and it is not overlapping anymore. I also clicked on the link in your first post and it is fine too.

Old 2007-07-08, 10:45pm
Obsessed Blogger

Yahoo! I love help forums...you can find anything. Of course it means putting a little code in the front of every flipping picture, but if it works, I'll do it.

Thanks again everyone!

Old 2007-07-09, 10:00pm

Looks great to me! Windows Vista here

Old 2007-07-14, 3:53pm

Hi Lori! I just looked and saw two problems. First, JC's first cathedral bead covers the text, as does Cathy Lybarger's first bead. Other than that, it looks great! Viewed with IE7.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's