Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-12-04, 1:59am

Default BOC Acknowledgement???

I sent in beads for BOC for the first time last spring. I remember filling in a request for information regarding Children's Medical's Heart Program in Dallas (that was where my son was treated) and the form (from the website) was included with the beads and I have not received any response. Is this normal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my children have paws
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2012-12-04, 6:00am

It took several months for me to get an acknowledgement. I understand they use volunteers to send these out. It does make you wonder though if the beads were received.

Old 2012-12-04, 6:39am

I was a little confused as to whether mine were received sometime around June. Still haven't heard anything.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-12-04, 6:41am

Send me your contact info by PM and I will look into it for you. We do have to use volunteers for most office and shipping functions and it can sometimes take a long time to get paperwork back out. Even I have the same thing - it takes a long time to turn around the receipt for a donation that I make (I'm not in Tucson). This does seem a bit extreme, though, so I'll check on it.
Thanks for your donations, sorry for the delay in the acknowledgement.
Robert
Old 2012-12-04, 8:28am
Loving learning

I received a receipt yesterday dated Oct 6, 2012 just as a point of reference. I wonder if they save a group up then someone takes them to do? I did notice the receipt has changed recently to a NCR form filled in by hand.
Too bad I'm so far away, I'd be glad to do them if I was close to headquarters & could go in regularly.