LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-10-16, 6:57pm
Lovin' that glass...

Default Where do you print long e-tutorials?

I've searched threads and posts and can not find the answer to my question. Anybody know where I can print long e-tutorials that I've purchased from lampwork teachers? <groan>

Yes, I like paper copies. The last one I bought from Patsy Evins is full of great information and is 88 pages long. Yikes!

Suggestions? Anybody?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-10-16, 7:07pm

I've actually printed a couple of longer ones off the printer at work (shhhhhhhhh!)

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-10-16, 7:12pm
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

I print my tutorials at Costco!

Old 2012-10-16, 9:23pm
Heart of Flame

You could put it on a flash drive and take it to your local office supply company (i.e., Staples or the Office Depot). They will print AND BIND it into a lovely paper copy for a very reasonable price.

Old 2012-10-17, 4:33am

I just print them from my printer and then I laminate them and put them in a notebook.

Old 2012-10-18, 1:25pm

Check out LuLu.com . I used them and some others here have too.
Here is a link to a thread from earlier this year. I had posted a photo in the thread of mine after receiving it.
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...highlight=lulu

Old 2012-10-19, 2:02pm
offically down under

If you want an excuse to buy an iPad or tablet, having tutorials on them instead of paper is fantastic. It is so much easier to use whilst torching as a quick tap turns the page. Before, i had a binder which was either in my lap or on my bench which occasionally would get set on fire.

Old 2012-10-19, 3:19pm
Practicing perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammydownunder View Post
If you want an excuse to buy an iPad or tablet, having tutorials on them instead of paper is fantastic. It is so much easier to use whilst torching as a quick tap turns the page. Before, i had a binder which was either in my lap or on my bench which occasionally would get set on fire.
LOL! sorry...not funny, but it is. I've used Lulu.com also, but this sounds like a pretty good idea.

Old 2012-10-19, 4:12pm
Loving learning

My raku notes have a big scorch mark on them, LOL.

My kids asked me if I wanted a "book thing" and I turned them down, but would this work with one of those?
Old 2012-10-19, 4:19pm
offically down under

Not sure on the book thing as I use an ipad. I'm sure someone else can answer that question.

Old 2012-10-19, 5:21pm

I have mine on my kindle fire. Love it!

Old 2012-10-25, 7:37am
Keep on keepin' on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
My raku notes have a big scorch mark on them, LOL.

My kids asked me if I wanted a "book thing" and I turned them down, but would this work with one of those?
I use a cookbook holder that I found at a thriftstore for under a buck. It works for holding the pages upright so you can look at them. It works well for me because its wider than the paper holders typists use.

Old 2012-10-25, 8:01am
Who me?

I printed mine out on my own computer, two pages to a sheet. Makes them smaller to handle at the torch and uses half the ink.
Old 2012-10-25, 8:03am
Dix Harrison

I print my own--two pages of tutorial per side of paper and both sides of paper. It helps alot. A 68-page doc gets cut down to 17.

I slide pages into sheet protectors and put in notebook. Use tabs to divide tuts.

Tags
e-tutorials, print