Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2008-11-18, 2:44pm
Bead Maniac

Default Name That Bead Challenge

NAME THAT BEAD CHALLENGE

Ok its not a real big deal, I just need a little help naming my focal beads. Beadmakers always have such cool names for their beads me I come up with bumpkuss ...So hear's the deal I need a cool name for my scroll beads and I will pick the winning name Dec 15th and send a focal to the winner just in time for Christmas...
Here's a photo or you can go to my webby ...Thanks every one ...Susan

My blog.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-18, 3:47pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

damn, I always have a hard time naming beads!

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-18, 4:24pm
Bead Maniac

"Giggle" I'm glad I am not the only one ..its painfull for me....like writing ad copy or self promotion ugh....susan

My blog.

Old 2008-11-19, 1:03pm

Do you want the names PM'd to you?

Candace

Minor
Old 2008-11-19, 2:02pm

I'd totally use "bumpkuss"!!! Not kidding. Why not?

Bumpkuss Beads by Susan

EDIT: Oops! I saw the name in signature...didn't realize that one was for the quote. hehe

Last edited by BugNerd; 2008-11-20 at 6:35am.
Old 2008-11-19, 6:45pm

I'm horrible at names, but the one that came to me first was Raku Sparkle.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2008-11-20, 1:22am
Bead Maniac

Sure send them email or pm is fine ..keep em coming ...or I guess you can just post them here ..I 'm not sure how to do this , OK what the heck post them that way everyone will see them sounds like fun to me ...

Here's another one

My blog.

Last edited by heartglass; 2008-11-20 at 1:29am. Reason: add pix
Old 2008-11-20, 8:00am

Raindance.
Old 2008-11-20, 1:27pm

I think the first one should be cosmic chaos
Old 2008-11-20, 4:41pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxoplasmaGondii View Post
I think the first one should be cosmic chaos
Nice username!....please don't spread your germs here
Old 2008-11-21, 3:01pm

Buuuuuut I thought everyone liked germs?

Oh and your second bead looks a lot like a capillary bed with surrounding cells (white dots). I would name it capillary coalesce. Or maybe I should stop looking at textbooks...
Old 2008-11-22, 1:15am
Oh No You Didn't!

Tuscan series

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-04, 11:32pm
Just Me

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartglass View Post
NAME THAT BEAD CHALLENGE

Ok its not a real big deal, I just need a little help naming my focal beads. Beadmakers always have such cool names for their beads me I come up with bumpkuss ...So hear's the deal I need a cool name for my scroll beads and I will pick the winning name Dec 15th and send a focal to the winner just in time for Christmas...
Here's a photo or you can go to my webby ...Thanks every one ...Susan

Paisley Infusion

Remember it's already tomorrow in Australia!
Old 2008-12-09, 1:44pm
Carpe Beadum

I'd keep the name "scrolls" and then add an adjective to describe the colors. So it would be your "Scroll Series" and the one you posted could be "Serene Scrolls" and if you did it in tiger colors, it could be "Wildlife Scrolls" or if it's cobalt, it could be "Night Scrolls"....

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung
Old 2008-12-15, 10:51pm
Bead Maniac

Thank you everyone for your input here is the list of names so hard to choose just one I love them all ....for now I like the scroll series concept

Moroccan Growl
Cosmic Iridescence
Raku sparkle
Cosmic Chaos
Tuscan Series
Paisley infusion
Scroll series
Tangled Rainbows

Ok and the winner is...Dreammuse send me your address and you will get a goodie...thanks every one for participating ... Susan

My blog.

Old 2008-12-28, 7:59pm
Carpe Beadum

I didn't even see this! Wow, thank you! I'm glad you liked the idea.

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung
Old 2009-01-18, 6:05pm

I'ts bupkiss, no "m" and it's yiddish, the best language in the world for fab slang words like mench, yenta and let's not forget verklempt. You should get yourself a dictionary and name the beads all yiddish words. LOL