No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2013-01-05, 8:38am

Default GAS 2013 cancelled?

I just saw this on a linked in page-

The Glass Art Society (GAS) has held a continuous succession of conferences since its inauguration in 1971. In 2012, we celebrated glass and its history in an extremely successful event in Toledo. Today, after careful consideration and with deep regret, the Board of the Glass Art Society has decided unanimously to cancel the 2013 conference in Boston.

They are looking to do one in 2014 though...

Laurie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-01-05, 9:13am
Lampworkaholic!

Yep. There were issues with finding appropriate funding/venues in Boston I believe.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-01-05, 3:31pm
I'm meeeeelting

Wow.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-01-05, 4:55pm

Too bad. The conference is pretty much their only purpose for most of us. I wont be renewing my membership.
Old 2013-03-28, 7:48am
critter creator

Be bummed no more, but BE QUICK!!!

In the wake of cancellation, the organizers got together and are putting on GlassBoston, same dates June 13-17, but over in Cambridge. Many of the same presenters, but also some new ones including myself and KRISTINA LOGAN.

Tickets went on sale today, conference is limited to 200 TICKETS, so buy now if you want to go!

http://www.societyofcrafts.org/learn/glassboston.asp

Here's the full lineup: Rik and Shelley Allen, James Mongrain, George Kennard, Pablo Soto, Eric Meek, Marc Petrovic, Hank Adams, Gulfidan Ozmen, Deborah Czeresko, Matthew Szosz, Alexander Rosenburg, Wesley Fleming, Kristina Logan, Jason Howard, Jeremy Sinkus, Joe Peters, Sally Prasch, Wayne Strattman, & Helen Lee.

Hope to see you there!

http://www.societyofcrafts.org/learn/glassboston.asp

Old 2013-03-28, 8:21am
I fart diamonds

I like the way that each day is individually priced! I might actually be able to attend Saturday.