LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2012-11-29, 12:20pm
Pattyglass

Default 2013 Glass Craft & Bead Expo in LAS VEGAS!!

Yes, we are back again for the 19th time!!! Class registration is open and classes are filling up crazy fast!!! Our instructors are top notch and offering some great classes. Make sure you sign up before they are gone.
Old 2012-12-13, 1:58pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

I am planning to go for the first time.. woo hoo.

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2012-12-13, 2:54pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Yay! My DH and I have gone every year for the past 6 years... this will be our 7th year.

I never get a table, although I am considering it sometime. Not sure if it would be worth it though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-12-13, 5:10pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I've missed the last 2 years, for various reasons, like a trip to China to pick up a grandson! And financial reasons for the other missed year. I want to go in 2013 so bad!! However, just found out today there is a really good chance I will have to have a hip replacement in the next couple of months....if I don't have to have the surgery, I'm going to be there or die trying!!

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2012-12-13, 6:59pm

Neil and I will be there, with my mom and we will be meeting up with SCHERMO! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2012-12-20, 11:10am
Dazed and Confused

Me and my partner in crime have just booked our rooms!

This will be our second time, so this one we want to concentrate more on the amazing classes than the actual buying of stuff.....
Old 2012-12-20, 11:56am
New Lampworker

Would you let me know in advance when it's coming up next year? I live in San Diego county and would need to make plans in advance. Thanks.
Old 2012-12-27, 6:09pm
Got Honey?

I'm there! So many cool classes but can't afford them all LOL

Old 2013-01-03, 10:25am

I'll be teaching again. It is one of my favorite shows of the year.

I'll be teaching a dichro class, silver glass class, beginner beads and my glass flowers.

It really is so much fun...

Lisa
Old 2013-01-03, 12:41pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Wow, 19 years, how time flies! This will be my 17th year teaching there, this is my favorite show of the year (non-GS)! It will be great to see all of you again!

I am teaching Crossover for fusing (2 days..I think there is one spot left on Thurs, Wed class full). Also my dichroic and foil fish and turtle class, then the blown boro Sea Shells class! If you have wanted to try the tubing, this is the class for you! It is labeled "Advanced", you just have to be very comfortable on the torch, not familiar with tubing!
Anyone taking the shell class can get my shell tutorial anytime for half price, it will help immensely to get early and study it before the class!

Shirlannd- it is always end of March, first week of April timing....
Jeri's classes and carved beads are amazing (hi guys!)
Lisa's classes are awesome....she is a dichro queen! (Hi girl!)

Can't wait...is it March yet?
deb

Old 2013-01-03, 3:21pm
Ex-lurker

I am going! Have two tables in the bead bazaar and can't wait. I LOVE going to Vegas. We work hard and play hard too.

If you're on the fence, come it is so much fun......

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2013-01-03, 7:34pm
tweetysweetie

I've got classes going on too. Deb, I don't think Jerri is teaching this year, at least I don't see her listed in the booklet.

I'm doing two beginner classes this year, an intermediate class and the sculptural class. Go to GlasscraftExpo.com, search under instructor (Catharine Weaver) and you will see class descriptions & all the info.

Looking forward to seeing all my teaching buddies again, new students and all you LE peeps that show up...whoohoooooo

Old 2013-01-03, 7:40pm

Hi Guys, I will see you there, but I'm not teaching or vending! I'm actually going to see the show, hang out with friends, and maybe take a class.......I can't decide. See you there, I hear sign ups have been brisk! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2013-01-04, 7:58pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Catharine! Catharine's classes rock too...great beginner & sculpture classes and she is such a talented and patient teacher!
Jeri, that is great...what a concept....just going for fun sounds heavenly!

Will be great to see you all there...hope I didn't miss anyone...ALL the classes are a blast!
deb

Old 2013-01-08, 7:29pm
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

Me and Pam are gonna pop in and say hi to all.

Mike

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.
Old 2013-01-08, 7:42pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASSFREEK View Post
Me and Pam are gonna pop in and say hi to all.

Mike
Woo hoo! =)

Old 2013-01-10, 9:23am

I love this show ..I've been teaching here for quite a few (12+) years and I always look forward to it.

I'll be teaching 4 classes this year:

Beginning Lampwork Beads
Victorian Flowers
Mastering Dichro
Exotic Silver Glass - new class...all about the Double Helix. Tag, Bella Donna and more - YUM!

jump in and join the fun!!

Lisa
Old 2013-01-23, 2:53pm
Pattyglass

Red face Glass Craft & Bead Expo Las Vegas

I can't wait to see everyone... out of all the shows I do GC&BE is my ultimate favorite one.........I love and miss you throughout the year...... April hurry up and get here...
See you all real soon...
Old 2013-03-08, 1:23pm

Default glass craft expo

Found out about this event 3 days ago from a bethlehem facebook posting. Had to act fast and just got permission from work to take some vacation so I will see you all soon!

Always wanted to visit Las Vegas and, since there aren't many teachers in my area, I can't resist this opportunity to take classes and see all the glass creations and tools. Super excited!

I'm now signed up for four classes:
Beginning Dichro Marbles -WED
Joy of Stringer - THUR
Dichroic Luster Fish and Turtle Beads - FRI
Coldworking - SAT

For those of you that have been there before... Any recommendations on where to stay and what to do? I should have a few days before or after the convention to see the city.

I should have a rental car.

So far I'm grabbing tickets to Beatles Love and am leaning towards splitting my stays between a few locations - for instance the Venetian and Marriott's Grand Chateau.

Would love any suggestions!

LE members enjoy a 10% discount with coupon code "LEmember"
Old 2013-03-11, 4:46pm
New Lampworker

I asked for information about this show in Las Vegas, but all I can find is postings by people who are going. How do I find out about the show catalog, the dates, where held, etc.?
Old 2013-03-11, 4:47pm
"Sinners have soul too"

https://www.glasscraftexpo.com/

Old 2013-03-12, 2:53pm
Queen Bee

I'm going too! My husband has a trade show in Las Vegas at the same time, so the hotel is paid for I've signed up for 2 of Deb Crowley's classes, Dichroic Luster Fish and Turtle Beads, and the blown seashell. So SMpalmer35, I'll see you in the fish class.

It's all very last minute for me, I just signed up for the classes yesterday. Took the last spot in the fish class, lol.

I didn't even know about the show. But when hubby said he'd be in Vegas that week on business it all came together!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2013-03-13, 1:52pm
Ex-lurker

Leaving in exactly 3 weeks - it's getting closer....

SMpalmer it is so much easier to just stay at the South Point (where the show is taking place) It is only $50/nite and $90 on Friday and Saturday. We always rent a car as it is out a ways! Lots to do and see. Sounds like you will be pretty tired after all of those classes....

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2013-03-14, 9:54pm
Wooohooo,GS!

SMPalmer, cool! You are in my luster and dichroic fish class too, sweet! I look forward to meeting you and Donna too, have been chatting with her, can't wait! I love this show, after Glass Stock festivals this is my next favorite event of year!

Emerald Suites is right down the street, walkable for sure and a little less $.

See you all very soon!
woohoo, 2 weeks of SUN, a week of glass and good friends, then another 8 days with some longtime friends there!
Hugs, deb

Old 2013-03-15, 9:32am
Got Honey?

Hi Deb, I hope to be able to pop in and say Hi to you. The fish you did for Candy is just gorgeous!!

Old 2013-03-15, 12:17pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Lezlie, you sweetie pie, thank you so much! I asked her to thank you for the referral...please do stop in! I am always in my classroom until Sunday, then you may catch me at the booth B1 after my shopping on Sunday afternoon. I am buying 2 more paragon kilns there plus some other things I need, lol, so best bet is my classroom.
Big hugs! deb

Old 2013-03-16, 8:57am
tweetysweetie

woohooooooo, the show is getting closer can't wait to see everyone..the one and only show I do each year. I have a couple openings in my Beyond the Basics & Wonderful Whimsicals classes if there are any folks still trying to decide. Good for you peeps who will spend a day with Deb, she's a great teacher and you'll learn some serious goodness. See everyone in a couple weeks!
catharine weaver

Old 2013-03-17, 11:26am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Catherine, her classes are awesome too, she is an exceptional teacher!
See you soon Catherine...we'll do a nice dinner...can't wait to see you and Wyatt!
Hugs!

Old 2013-03-23, 8:24am
Mandrel Slayer

Talking

Hi Deb,

Michelle and I are coming for our first time. We'll find you. Maybe we can buy you a drink.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2013-03-24, 1:04pm

Hi everyone...

There is a few seats left in my dichro and my silver glass classes....

Don't forget to make your shuttle reservations to get to the South Point from the airport. Call the hotel reservations...it's easy and FREE!!! YEAH

see ya all soon,

Lisa