The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-05-02, 3:29am
Unmedicated since '62

Hmm, shouldn't matter

Open the old one and make sure it's working

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-05-02, 3:31am
Unmedicated since '62

Access always defaults to whichever version you used last, do you have access 2007 installed?

Old 2012-05-02, 3:39am
Unmedicated since '62

Is it working?

Old 2012-05-02, 4:02am

I have Microsoft Office Access RUntime 2003, should I uninstall it ? And I can't try the older version, it's been overwritten.

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2012-05-02, 4:08am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Londez View Post
I have Microsoft Office Access RUntime 2003, should I uninstall it ? And I can't try the older version, it's been overwritten.
Yes, uninstall it

Actually uninstall it all and reinstall the runtime, then run the install

Access has this annoying habit of defaulting to the most recently used version even if it's older, so make sure you open the 2010 runtime before you open stashmaster.

I ran into ths problem early on and had to get clarification direct from MS, it was maddening

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2012-05-02 at 4:13am.
Old 2012-05-02, 4:11am

I tried uninstalling Stashmaster and Runtime 2003 and re-installing 1.3 and still the same pb.

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2012-05-02, 4:14am
Unmedicated since '62

Have you reinstalled runtime 2010

Old 2012-06-06, 6:54pm

Deb - thanks for making this database. I have access 2010, full version. Is there any way to sort so I can add colors/search by the product code vs. the name? I think this was asked earlier, but wasn't sure of the answer. I don't have a table to modify (all grayed out), so does this mean I won't be able to?

TIA

Jen

Last edited by moushka; 2012-06-07 at 3:40am.
Old 2012-06-12, 7:54pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by moushka View Post
Deb - thanks for making this database. I have access 2010, full version. Is there any way to sort so I can add colors/search by the product code vs. the name? I think this was asked earlier, but wasn't sure of the answer. I don't have a table to modify (all grayed out), so does this mean I won't be able to?

TIA

Jen
you can, (sorry i didnt catch your message before)

you will need the full version of the DB and some knowledge on how to change stuff, or you can just search within the tables

if you want the full version pm me your email addy and i'll send it to you

Old 2012-07-22, 10:23am
Boardz, Beadz, and Boyz

A huge thank you! (i think - i see a new project coming on)
Old 2012-07-22, 2:41pm

Yeah I know, do you have a macintosh version?

Old 2012-07-23, 7:23am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbratton View Post
Yeah I know, do you have a macintosh version?
nope, you can run it by loading parallels with windows but it doesnt work on a mac, sorry

Old 2012-08-23, 7:26pm
Cat Winx

:::BUMP:::
(thanks again, Deb, for all your hard work! ;}

~Rachel

Old 2012-10-04, 12:47pm

ok, so I uninstalled 1.3 that I had messed with, fresh installed 1.3 from the link on the first post. I added two colors using existing glass, told it that I have this glass, how many ounces, and how many labels. When I look at the my glass tab, i have all the information I gave it. Then I go to print labels tab. export labels to excel. the file is not populated. I have 2010 professional, student ed. (with Access).
is anybody else having problems? this is really weird...
Thanks,
Stacy

Old 2012-10-04, 10:48pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcgypsea View Post
ok, so I uninstalled 1.3 that I had messed with, fresh installed 1.3 from the link on the first post. I added two colors using existing glass, told it that I have this glass, how many ounces, and how many labels. When I look at the my glass tab, i have all the information I gave it. Then I go to print labels tab. export labels to excel. the file is not populated. I have 2010 professional, student ed. (with Access).
is anybody else having problems? this is really weird...
Thanks,
Stacy
it is weird, like i said, send me your file and i'll take a look at it, it may be the fields you added (though i cant see how), either way i'll make it work for you

Old 2012-10-07, 4:49pm

I think I'm stupid. I can't seem to delete unwanted glass. I added some odd lots of Double Helix and I mistyped one. I went into the record, unchecked the box that says I have this. Took out any oz of glass (btw, it would be nice to be able to enter 3.5 oz or 2.8 oz of glass, not just rounding up or down). Then I went to the main page and clicked on the button that says "deleted unwanted colors." I then click through to this final one, but this is where it is acting like it is deleting, but when I go back in, the glass is still there.

Also can you see you entire stash anywhere on the main program or do you have to export to Excel and see all the boro, devardi, etc that I don't have. When I click on "What's in my stash" I only see about 35 of the colors (didn't count too closely).
Attached Images

Become a fan on Facebook:

Last edited by Lara; 2012-10-07 at 5:25pm.
Old 2012-10-08, 1:53am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I think I'm stupid. I can't seem to delete unwanted glass. I added some odd lots of Double Helix and I mistyped one. I went into the record, unchecked the box that says I have this. Took out any oz of glass (btw, it would be nice to be able to enter 3.5 oz or 2.8 oz of glass, not just rounding up or down). Then I went to the main page and clicked on the button that says "deleted unwanted colors." I then click through to this final one, but this is where it is acting like it is deleting, but when I go back in, the glass is still there.

Also can you see you entire stash anywhere on the main program or do you have to export to Excel and see all the boro, devardi, etc that I don't have. When I click on "What's in my stash" I only see about 35 of the colors (didn't count too closely).
Holy crap! Thats a new one

Old 2012-10-08, 1:58am
Unmedicated since '62

Ok, I'll answer the second lot of questions first

The whole list is really really long, thousands of items - the my glass report only shows what you've checked "I have ths glass"

So, in order to see the whole lot yes, you have to export to excel

Let me go check my copy to see what's happening with delete

Old 2012-10-08, 3:16am
Unmedicated since '62

Did you check the box that says "I dont want this glass"?

Old 2012-10-08, 4:42pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnH View Post
I am also having problems with Delete. I accidentally entered one color more than once, actually I have one color added 4 times. 3 are showing inventory, on is showing no inventory. When I tried to edit it, I only get the first listing. When I try to delete it by choosing "I don't want this glass", I get an error saying it can't delete it due to key violations. Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?
hmm, i'm beginning to think the downloadable version might have been corrupted somehow because mine works fine - there have been a couple of issues lately that just dont make any sense

if you want a fresh copy just pm me and i'll send you one

Old 2012-10-08, 5:02pm
Unmedicated since '62

so just to clarify,

you have to do this before you can run the delete

then you will get this when you press the "delete unwanted colours" tab - click yes

then you should get this - click yes again

can you guys confirm to me that you're getting this process?

also, can you tell me if you're using a full version of Access or the runtime version?

Old 2012-10-08, 7:56pm

I have the runtime version and I have the no I don't wan this glass chosen and I see the two screens you see, then I click yes and see the screen I posted. It worked the first time I tried (deleting) then not again.

Old 2012-10-08, 7:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
Ok, I'll answer the second lot of questions first

The whole list is really really long, thousands of items - the my glass report only shows what you've checked "I have ths glass"

So, in order to see the whole lot yes, you have to export to excel

Let me go check my copy to see what's happening with delete
My "my glass report" only shows about 35 items, but I have 100s listed. Should the "my glass report" show all of them of just a few that I have entered?

Old 2012-10-08, 11:01pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
My "my glass report" only shows about 35 items, but I have 100s listed. Should the "my glass report" show all of them of just a few that I have entered?
As long as you've checked "I have this glass" it will show, you can scroll down

Old 2012-10-09, 7:58pm

Yeah, but I'm not I must not be understanding something.

Here you can see my double helix Clio checked off as I have. You can also see the screen shots of what I can see in "my glass report" Only showing the items I entered first, wich happened to be mostly CIM. None of the DH or Effetre I entered is showing up.
Attached Images

Old 2012-10-10, 6:44am
Unmedicated since '62

See the scroll bar on the right? I don't think that's the scroll bar for the my glass page, it's the scroll bar for the dashboard, the page is compressed a bit I think, try dragging the bottom scroll bar over and I bet the right one is hidden under the right edge, or see if you can click the maximise button.

You'll know when you're at the bottom of the report because it has a total line (sort of )

One of the problems I came across in creating ths was that it was hard to allow for all screen sizes so I made all the borders movable so you could adjust it to fit your size screen

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2012-10-10 at 6:52am.
Old 2012-10-10, 7:04am

Ok, I changed the screen resolution and found the second scrolling bar, no change, can't scroll past the CIM colors.
Attached Images

Old 2012-10-10, 5:19pm
Unmedicated since '62

click on a blank section on the list and then arrow down, when you're at the bottom it gives you a little total box and the number of pages in the report, it looks like this

sorry bout that, i'm going to treat this as a bug and do a fix, the scroll bar should take you to the bottom of the report

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2012-10-10 at 5:21pm.
Old 2012-10-10, 7:10pm

YAY, that worked. I'm sorry, I never thought of using the up and down arrows and page up and down. Thanks for your diligence in helping my figure it out.

Now I feel like even a bigger dork.

Old 2012-10-11, 12:07am
Unmedicated since '62

no, actually i feel dumb that i never tested it with more than a few items on the list, its something i'll have to fix