No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2017-05-29, 6:39pm
too many rods in the fire

Default Best source for diamond bit bead reamers

I used to have some great ones, but cannot remember where I bought them!

I now have the typical cheapie set and I swear, they wear out in one use!

Any suggestions? I need something fast, as I have a mounting pile of beads to clean.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2017-05-29, 8:16pm

I think widget supply is a common one.
I'm unsure if the quality is any better or if try are just budget friendly.

Old 2017-05-30, 7:02am
Peerless Thread Killer

In a pinch, you can use 220 silicon carbide grit and a mandrel. Works like a dream. I also have BeaDreamers from Art in the Round: http://www.artintheround.com/Categor...ning-Tools.htm
They are pricey, but they are the best reamers I've ever had.

Old 2017-06-04, 11:46pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I've been using the same widget supply reamer for ages. And I bought a multipack, who knows if I'll ever find the rest of them. But they are very inexpensive and relatively long lasting.

The BeaDreamer takes some of the glass with the bead release and the pics I've seen, the holes are awesomely clean. But I like the holes to be as small as possible plus there was awhile there where they had zero customer service, so I never tried them.

Old 2017-06-05, 1:38pm

I just ordered the beadreamer and I'm hoping it will arrive soon. I paid via PayPal, so hopefully if there's an issue I can at least get my money back.

Old 2017-06-17, 10:32am

I love the Art in the Round BeaDreamers! Pricey but last for years
Old 2017-06-20, 3:48am

Location: I live in a smal town nearest Den haag and Rotterdam

I have order de beadreamer for my Dremel in Holland by Www.Artyco.nl .They are sheap and work perfect

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
Old 2017-06-23, 3:07pm

I buy mine from Rings & Things usually but sometimes from Frantz.

Back in my day, we had nine planets.
Old 2017-06-23, 6:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasspilcrow View Post
I love the Art in the Round BeaDreamers! Pricey but last for years
I am hoping mine will eventually show up!!! Ordered it quite a while ago... Seems like such a small thing shouldn't take so long to ship.

Old 2017-06-24, 3:47am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyGlass9 View Post
I am hoping mine will eventually show up!!! Ordered it quite a while ago... Seems like such a small thing shouldn't take so long to ship.
So it's not just me, then? I don't remember it usually taking this long...

(also: how long they last kind of depends on how you use them... the 3/32" one that maybe gets used on a handful of beads a year will probbly last me forever, but I go through at least one 1/16" one a year - usually they bend or break before the diamond coating wears down; i'll use a fresh full-sized-and-still-reasonably-unbent one on my long beads, and cut the bent end down and use the now-shorter beadreamer on my smaller beads (saving the coating on the "good" one)).

Last edited by dsglass; 2017-06-24 at 3:52am.
Old 2017-06-24, 8:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsglass View Post
So it's not just me, then? I don't remember it usually taking this long...

(also: how long they last kind of depends on how you use them... the 3/32" one that maybe gets used on a handful of beads a year will probbly last me forever, but I go through at least one 1/16" one a year - usually they bend or break before the diamond coating wears down; i'll use a fresh full-sized-and-still-reasonably-unbent one on my long beads, and cut the bent end down and use the now-shorter beadreamer on my smaller beads (saving the coating on the "good" one)).
Well if you've bought from them before then I won't worry too much. But I was getting a little concerned because I paid for it several weeks ago and haven't received anything. I make long beads also and that's why I ordered this. The cheap ones barely lasts for two uses.

Old 2017-06-26, 3:36am

Over the last 10 years I ordered about 6 Beadreamers without any problems.
That's what Dave's site says about ordering: If the number in stock is not shown immediately below this line, it is temporarily out of stock. You may order anyway if you wish and it will ship when it is back in stock. Lead times vary and may be several weeks but typically 3 weeks.

I never saw any in stock so several weeks of waiting is normal.
Elke
Old 2017-06-27, 8:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locococo View Post
Over the last 10 years I ordered about 6 Beadreamers without any problems.
That's what Dave's site says about ordering: If the number in stock is not shown immediately below this line, it is temporarily out of stock. You may order anyway if you wish and it will ship when it is back in stock. Lead times vary and may be several weeks but typically 3 weeks.

I never saw any in stock so several weeks of waiting is normal.
Elke
Thanks, Elke! I could have sworn it showed one in stock when I ordered, but maybe I missed something.

At any rate, I hope it comes soon because I have a growing stack of beads that need cleaning and nothing left to clean them with, lol!!