Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2005-12-22, 6:45am
ManBearPig

Default BeadFest/Jewelry Arts Expo?

Anyone making plans to go?

I just got an e-mail letting me know that I am teaching at both Philadelphia shows and the Atlanta show. Not sure what class(es) I'm teaching yet. I submitted several proposals...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-12-22, 9:02am

I always do the Bead Fest Philly show. I have tried the other two shows but found that the people shopping just werent spending the money to make it a great show. My schedule is busy enough that I drop all shows that dont make the cut (my accountants suggested profit margin).

Good Luck!
Cindy
Old 2005-12-22, 11:05am
ManBearPig

I haven't decided if I'm going to sell or not. I know there are a few booths left for Philadelphia. The problem is that with teaching, I'd have to find someone else to run my booth for me, and I don't know who I could get...

Old 2006-01-17, 10:09am
ManBearPig

If anyone is coming by, make sure you stop in and see me...

http://www.lapidaryjournal.com/jewel...uctorurl=trent

Old 2006-01-25, 2:09pm
Member of the Booger7

Default Memphis Beadfest

Is anyone trying the Memphis show? I've been looking at it, but don't know if I should spend the $$ for it right now. I'm trying to do more bead shows, rather than the general craft shows I've been doing.
I attended the one in Nashville last year, but spent most of my time taking classes, so I didn't spend too much time at in the vendor area.

Also, what kind of inventory would you take to a show like that?

Dianna -

Old 2006-01-25, 2:23pm
ManBearPig

I've applied to teach at Memphis. I don't know about selling, as I haven't tried to do that yet. I generally put things up for sale right after I make them, so I'd have a hard time coming up with enough inventory.

Old 2006-01-25, 2:31pm
Member of the Booger7

And that's the other thing. I want to take some classes when I'm there. I don't have to do this by myself, so I think I could get away, but I'm not sure.

What kind of class are you teaching?

Dianna -

Old 2006-01-25, 8:15pm
bayoubeads

I'm hoping to get a booth at the Atlanta show. I sent in an email. It's close to home and I could probably get some help so I can take a class.
I guess I should call after Tucson.
Mary

Old 2006-01-26, 6:33am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbeads
And that's the other thing. I want to take some classes when I'm there. I don't have to do this by myself, so I think I could get away, but I'm not sure.

What kind of class are you teaching?
I'm teaching some chainmaille classes in March in Philadelphia. I've applied to teach them in Memphis and Atlanta, but they haven't announced classes for there yet. I've applied to teach a boro pendant class in Philadelphia in October. That's the only show they are going to have lampworking at.

Old 2006-01-26, 7:50am
Member of the Booger7

I wonder why they don't do lampwork at the other ones? I was told at Nashville they couldn't do lampwork because of regulations at the Opryland hotel.

Dianna -

Old 2006-01-26, 8:04am
ManBearPig

Could be. I'm sure there are insurance and liability issues too.

And, at the March show in Philadelphia, they don't use as much of the convention hall as they do in October. In March, the vendors are set up in the room where they have the lampwork in October. In October the vendors are in the large part of the hall.

Old 2006-01-26, 8:28am
Member of the Booger7

Smile

Unfortunately, one of my big annual shows is the first two weekends of October.
That's why I wish they'd do lampwork at the other shows, because unless beadfest moves a little, I'll probably never make it over there.

I think I'm going to try to set up a booth there. I figure, we were going to go to shop anyway, so as long as I make the booth fee back, I'm not really losing out on anything that I wouldn't have spent anyway, except extra time.

Dianna -