Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-06-05, 6:06pm
DSDWC

Just to let everyone know I spoke to Jack about my M-20 problem and he is sending me a stand in machine to use while he fixes mine. Seeing as my M-20 was one of the earlier ones he also said he was going to replace many of the old parts with new updated ones that will make it an even better machine. I couldn't ask for better customer service.
OU ROCKS!!!!!!!
Thank you Jack

Trey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-06-05, 7:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
Jack - I applaud you! You have handled all this with grace and professionalism. Yes, UO did have some issues with some machines but the fact is that you have learned from your mistakes and you are doing everything to take care of everyone.

More importantly, you are providing the lampworking community with affordable machines that will power more than just the smaller torches! I, for one, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without UO, I wouldn't have been able to get a Barracuda!

And your friend is very wise!
Thank you Haley, I spent plenty of time on the phone with you, dealing with shipping issues, did'nt I. Some things should'nt be that hard. But, we got thru it. Thanks to your patience. jack
Old 2008-06-05, 7:36pm
Curmudgeon

If you have an oxy lack,
Grab the phone.
Just call Jack.

Be it big or maybe small
Whatever need
He’ll do it all.

Any fuel and oxy mix
It’s sure that he
can make the fix.

If anything should go astray
Jack is just
a call away.

DeBrady Glassworks
- - Glass Campus
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan
Old 2008-06-05, 10:13pm
PyronamixK

Thank you, Jack, for confirming my understanding of the timeline. The reason I brought it up is because, earlier in this thread it was explained that the bad purity issues in the beginning were caused by "bad information from lampworkers during the development of these units." Here is the explanation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley, post #25
I don't dispute the fact that there have been problems with UO units in the past. They don't either. Nothing has ever been swept under the rug. There were purity issues in the beginning, but that was caused by bad information from lampworkers during the development of these units. Somebody told Jack that volume was more important than purity and as soon as he found out different, he addressed that issue. He has addressed every issue that's come up along the way. He has met head on any of those issues you can find by googling. If anything needs to be changed, Jack will listen to us.
So, the explanation goes that there were purity problems at first, but then it has been improvement after improvement, since. O.K., I guess why I needed to be certain of the timeline thing was because I know that several companies decided to become distributors after seeing the Millennium10 Custom/M-10 being run at the Louisville Gathering and based on the specs of that machine. Here is a copy of the spec sheet for the 10 LPM/20 psi machine offered by UO:

If you look at the specs, it is clear why so many people (myself included) were so excited about this machine. UO claimed that it put out an oxygen concentration of 92 +/-4% at 8-10 LPM and 94 +/-4% at 1-7 LPM. It also was said to have a pressure of 18-22 psi.

When GTT received and then sent back their M-10, they were told that they would be getting the newest model - an improvement. What they got was the M-20, but according to the specs, it was not an improvement. It was this model, the M-20, that had purity specs below lampworking standards. The M-20 specs said that it should have an oxygen concentration of 89% +/-4% at 1-8 LPM and 75% +/-4% at 9-10 LPM. It also said that the pressure was 16-20 psi.

So, I am left scratching my head over this because for the stories that Brent and Jack are telling on here to jive, the M-20 would have had to have come before the M-10, and it didn't.

Jack and Brent have been on here claiming that the early units were the ones with the purity issues and that those purity issues were due to bad information from lampworkers while they were being developed and that each successive unit has been better than the last. But, here I am seeing that the early unit hit the mark (and that convinced a lot of people to sign on to sell them) and it was the successive one that fell short. I don't understand why they didn't just stick with that one. According to the specs, it would have been superior to the M-20 or M-15 just the way it was. If it was because they were not getting the purity in the 90s at the 10 LPM flow rate and 20 psi pressure, then, they should not have had those figures on the spec sheet, in the first place. That would have been rather deceptive.

There has been a lot of confusion surrounding these units and stories just aren't matching up. I know that some of you would prefer it if these sorts of inconsitencies would not be brought up, but I feel that they are relevant. Credibility is important in the grand scheme of things.

I had no idea that me getting this analyzer and posting my results would cause such a firestorm - and it seems that all the heat is coming from the UO crowd. I have yet to be bullied and called/inferred a liar by the OGSI or AirSep crowd. So far, Brent has said that he questions my UO experience and my testing, Jack flat out contradicted me about GTT purchasing the machines with his "setting the record straight post" (for which he later apologized, thank you, again, Jack), and Hayley has been digging up old quotes of mine (and continues to quote my posts) trying to find something to "trip me up."

I guess it's true what they say, you know you're over the target when the flack's getting the heaviest. To come up against this much flack, I must be onto something. But the funny thing is, my testing is not meant to single out the UO machines! If it were, I would not be offering it to owners of all brands of concentrators.

It is my intention to compile a good database and get a good idea of what is out there and how it is working in the field and under what conditions, etc.. I really don't want it to be an anti-UO project - as that was never my intent for the database. I have explained why I started off with the machines I did (they were the only ones I had here with me at the time) and I have acknowledged already that I know of people who are happy with their UO machines. I just want numbers. The testing has begun and it is off to a good start.
Old 2008-06-05, 10:14pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brady View Post
If you have an oxy lack,
Grab the phone.
Just call Jack.

Be it big or maybe small
Whatever need
He’ll do it all.

Any fuel and oxy mix
It’s sure that he
can make the fix.

If anything should go astray
Jack is just
a call away.
That's good to know. Thanks, Dennis.
Old 2008-06-05, 10:57pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
...I had no idea that me getting this analyzer and posting my results would cause such a firestorm - and it seems that all the heat is coming from the UO crowd. I have yet to be bullied and called/inferred a liar by the OGSI or AirSep crowd. So far, Brent has said that he questions my UO experience and my testing, Jack flat out contradicted me about GTT purchasing the machines with his "setting the record straight post" (for which he later apologized, thank you, again, Jack), and Hayley has been digging up old quotes of mine (and continues to quote my posts) trying to find something to "trip me up."
I am a customer of yours, of GTT, of UO . . . I have NO ulterior motives here, nothing self serving nor any chance of any monetary gain, just to share my experience and post questions on things that are not clear to me. Please don't start accusing members of this community of "digging up old quotes of yours trying to find something to trip you up." Beside, the only way old posts can trip anyone up is when someone is inconsistent.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2008-06-06 at 7:26am.
Old 2008-06-06, 4:43am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
Thank you, Jack, for confirming my understanding of the timeline. The reason I brought it up is because, earlier in this thread it was explained that the bad purity issues in the beginning were caused by "bad information from lampworkers during the development of these units." Here is the explanation:

So, the explanation goes that there were purity problems at first, but then it has been improvement after improvement, since. O.K., I guess why I needed to be certain of the timeline thing was because I know that several companies decided to become distributors after seeing the Millennium10 Custom/M-10 being run at the Louisville Gathering and based on the specs of that machine. Here is a copy of the spec sheet for the 10 LPM/20 psi machine offered by UO:

If you look at the specs, it is clear why so many people (myself included) were so excited about this machine. UO claimed that it put out an oxygen concentration of 92 +/-4% at 8-10 LPM and 94 +/-4% at 1-7 LPM. It also was said to have a pressure of 18-22 psi.

When GTT received and then sent back their M-10, they were told that they would be getting the newest model - an improvement. What they got was the M-20, but according to the specs, it was not an improvement. It was this model, the M-20, that had purity specs below lampworking standards. The M-20 specs said that it should have an oxygen concentration of 89% +/-4% at 1-8 LPM and 75% +/-4% at 9-10 LPM. It also said that the pressure was 16-20 psi.

So, I am left scratching my head over this because for the stories that Brent and Jack are telling on here to jive, the M-20 would have had to have come before the M-10, and it didn't.

Jack and Brent have been on here claiming that the early units were the ones with the purity issues and that those purity issues were due to bad information from lampworkers while they were being developed and that each successive unit has been better than the last. But, here I am seeing that the early unit hit the mark (and that convinced a lot of people to sign on to sell them) and it was the successive one that fell short. I don't understand why they didn't just stick with that one. According to the specs, it would have been superior to the M-20 or M-15 just the way it was. If it was because they were not getting the purity in the 90s at the 10 LPM flow rate and 20 psi pressure, then, they should not have had those figures on the spec sheet, in the first place. That would have been rather deceptive.

There has been a lot of confusion surrounding these units and stories just aren't matching up. I know that some of you would prefer it if these sorts of inconsitencies would not be brought up, but I feel that they are relevant. Credibility is important in the grand scheme of things.

I had no idea that me getting this analyzer and posting my results would cause such a firestorm - and it seems that all the heat is coming from the UO crowd. I have yet to be bullied and called/inferred a liar by the OGSI or AirSep crowd. So far, Brent has said that he questions my UO experience and my testing, Jack flat out contradicted me about GTT purchasing the machines with his "setting the record straight post" (for which he later apologized, thank you, again, Jack), and Hayley has been digging up old quotes of mine (and continues to quote my posts) trying to find something to "trip me up."

I guess it's true what they say, you know you're over the target when the flack's getting the heaviest. To come up against this much flack, I must be onto something. But the funny thing is, my testing is not meant to single out the UO machines! If it were, I would not be offering it to owners of all brands of concentrators.

It is my intention to compile a good database and get a good idea of what is out there and how it is working in the field and under what conditions, etc.. I really don't want it to be an anti-UO project - as that was never my intent for the database. I have explained why I started off with the machines I did (they were the only ones I had here with me at the time) and I have acknowledged already that I know of people who are happy with their UO machines. I just want numbers. The testing has begun and it is off to a good start.
You aren't over a target... closing in all ninja like.

Did you ever think that maybe you're getting resistance to your campaign to make a product, person and company look bad, because they don't deserve it?

Nobody has said the units were awesome out of the gate... but the company has gone above and beyond to make sure even the first customers are taken care of.

Despite all of your best efforts, they are still here... still honoring their warranties and still growing. They are always trying to improve their product line and they provide the very best service possible. It's not as fast as I would like it to be. I'd love to place orders for my customers and have them go out quickly... but I'll trade quick for good any day.

I'm sorry you feel like I'm attacking your morals. From my perspective, it is definitely a thought in my mind that you aren't being straight forward. I've asked you when you were going to run the 5 week test you devised on your Regalia... that was ignored, like many things have been ignored that don't fit into your plan to smear... I mean gather data. If you're intent is to gather data, you should at least apply all tests equally.

The fact is... there are a ton of UO units out there performing flawlessly. I've got a list of happy customers that probably won't see this thread, because they don't care. They are happily melting glass... which is where I should have been able to spend my time, instead of typing out half these replies.

For me, it's more important that a company handles problems with customers the way jack does, than to be perfect. Especially since he is doing something new for our industry. Something that I needed him to do.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Jack and making a concentrator that I can use for boro work and that runs my Cuda better than any other unit available for less than $4,000! You have my support and just keep doing what you're doing.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-06-06, 6:21am
boro color bender

Ok, so here's a little history for those that have no idea why I use and sell UO units.

I'm a boro worker and I heard about UO coming out with a concentrator that finally met my needs for more volume and pressure. I've always been a bit jealous of soft glass workers and their ability to run their torches on a machine. So, I did some research. I had heard the company had issues with shipping and purity... I wasn't sure I wanted to spend my money on these units, so I called and spoke to Jack. We discussed a lot of things. He told me about issues I hadn't already heard about, which was the first thing to impress me. Most companies wouldn't disclose an issue, unless it was brought up. He was straight forward and honest from the beginning. He told me about hurdles they had faced and what they have done to get over them. He told me about his solutions to every problem. He assured me that UO would do what ever it takes to make sure customers are happy.

When I bought my units, I did so through Art Glass House in Cocoa beach. I didn't want my units shipped from UO, because I wanted a true test of what people are getting in the normal supply chain. I went to AGH and walked back into their warehouse area to see the UO machines on pallets. I picked two random M-20s off of those pallets and took them home. These would have gone out to AGH customers and were NOT made for me.

So, I get them home... I unpack them and hook them to my torch. I didn't open them up... I didn't check a thing. If I had, I would have noticed the HEPA filter not being in place inside the filter chamber. I ran them for about 2 years in the dirtiest and most humid conditions possible. They never missed a beat. I did check the filters several months ago and it is then that I realized one unit was running without the HEPA filter in place. The prefilters must do a darn good job... because the unit is still performing great.

I wouldn't sell or use anything I didn't believe in. Here's where I embarrass myself a little. My studio is nasty compared to what I've seen posted. I live darn close to a swamp... seriously... a real live swamp. My studio is on a carport with the long side blocked off. It is wide open on both ends. I get dust, dirt, critters and leaves in there all the time.

Here are pics of my units. They were dusted and clean less than two months ago... I wrote a hello message to Kimberly in on one of them.

and by the way, my studio was swept up and all clean a few weeks ago too... It's normally way messier, I'm ashamed to report.

Here is a picture of my flame... my M20s do rock and those aren't just words from somebody that doesn't know any better Kimberly.

I hope this clears up why on earth I feel the way I do about UO... and why I just can't comprehend the experience Kimberly has had with 6 units. Maybe she thinks I'm being dishonest because of her perspective too... maybe we've both just had very different experiences... if my experience wasn't what I've seen over and over with my customers, I wouldn't be selling them.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-06-06, 8:24am

" For me, it's more important that a company handles problems with customers the way jack does, than to be perfect."

since this thread has now gone off course and on to customer service its only fair that I share my experience with Jack and UO.
as far as calling Jack, Hmm, i got a call from him one morning and believe you me, this is no one that that I want to talk to again unless in person.
my story starts about mid way down the page.
http://www.angrymandrel.com/smfforum...c,403.120.html
I am posting this because I'm truly sick of reading how he will take care of you and customer service claims of UO. His business practices in my experience have been insanely bad!!!!!
if you make it through my posting and continue to read jacks reply, you will see that not once does he take responsibility for making me do all the foot work as far as his financial problems, but blames me, my bank and and what ever. not once does he take responcibility for screwing up.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.

Last edited by murf; 2008-06-06 at 8:44am.
Old 2008-06-06, 8:49am
boro color bender

I seem to remember you getting nasty first and admitting YOUR part in the exchange as did Jack for responding as he did... I'm sorry you had a bad experience and I wish you much better things in your future. I don't see anything from Jack that makes me think any less of him. You had some issues and it ended with you getting your refund. Accept Jack's apology or not... that's up to you. Everybody's expectations and level of patience is different. I wonder how many people feel slighted by stores like Best Buy... I still shop there and I've heard some real horror stories. It's tough to have 100% customer satisfaction, but most companies do try their best. UO is one of the companies doing their best... that's not going to be good enough for everybody... just a fact of life...

Old 2008-06-06, 8:51am

if you feel like getting a UO machine call Brent. out side of that, there are other distributors that have not chimed in here and some pretty good ones in fact. I would however pass on dealing with UO/ South Central Cryogenics LLC directly.

------------------------
Old 2008-06-06, 8:56am

not excepting his apology. I never got nasty, nor did I threaten him as did he me. if you like to compare my experience with Best Buy? stop selling O2 machines and start selling the stuff your smoking. might be advisable to read my posting before you comment on what you think took place Brent. see again assumed things, dont check the facts and reply on assumptions. sad.

------------------------

Last edited by murf; 2008-06-06 at 8:59am.
Old 2008-06-06, 9:16am

Default Would you be so kind !!!

Would you be so kind as to turn up both of your uo machines to the max setting 10 LPM and send us a picture of your flame. A side by side comparison would be interesting to see the difference betwwen the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Ok, so here's a little history for those that have no idea why I use and sell UO units.

I'm a boro worker and I heard about UO coming out with a concentrator that finally met my needs for more volume and pressure. I've always been a bit jealous of soft glass workers and their ability to run their torches on a machine. So, I did some research. I had heard the company had issues with shipping and purity... I wasn't sure I wanted to spend my money on these units, so I called and spoke to Jack. We discussed a lot of things. He told me about issues I hadn't already heard about, which was the first thing to impress me. Most companies wouldn't disclose an issue, unless it was brought up. He was straight forward and honest from the beginning. He told me about hurdles they had faced and what they have done to get over them. He told me about his solutions to every problem. He assured me that UO would do what ever it takes to make sure customers are happy.

When I bought my units, I did so through Art Glass House in Cocoa beach. I didn't want my units shipped from UO, because I wanted a true test of what people are getting in the normal supply chain. I went to AGH and walked back into their warehouse area to see the UO machines on pallets. I picked two random M-20s off of those pallets and took them home. These would have gone out to AGH customers and were NOT made for me.

So, I get them home... I unpack them and hook them to my torch. I didn't open them up... I didn't check a thing. If I had, I would have noticed the HEPA filter not being in place inside the filter chamber. I ran them for about 2 years in the dirtiest and most humid conditions possible. They never missed a beat. I did check the filters several months ago and it is then that I realized one unit was running without the HEPA filter in place. The prefilters must do a darn good job... because the unit is still performing great.

I wouldn't sell or use anything I didn't believe in. Here's where I embarrass myself a little. My studio is nasty compared to what I've seen posted. I live darn close to a swamp... seriously... a real live swamp. My studio is on a carport with the long side blocked off. It is wide open on both ends. I get dust, dirt, critters and leaves in there all the time.

Here are pics of my units. They were dusted and clean less than two months ago... I wrote a hello message to Kimberly in on one of them.

and by the way, my studio was swept up and all clean a few weeks ago too... It's normally way messier, I'm ashamed to report.

Here is a picture of my flame... my M20s do rock and those aren't just words from somebody that doesn't know any better Kimberly.

I hope this clears up why on earth I feel the way I do about UO... and why I just can't comprehend the experience Kimberly has had with 6 units. Maybe she thinks I'm being dishonest because of her perspective too... maybe we've both just had very different experiences... if my experience wasn't what I've seen over and over with my customers, I wouldn't be selling them.
Old 2008-06-06, 9:24am

Default not impressed

I went to your link to read up. I also found some pretty disturbing information from other customers that were not treated as well as you were.
If this company is so "lily white" now, it seems like they walked all over alot of us. Lots of claims made.

http://www.angrymandrel.com/smfforum...pic,403.0.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
" For me, it's more important that a company handles problems with customers the way jack does, than to be perfect."

since this thread has now gone off course and on to customer service its only fair that I share my experience with Jack and UO.
as far as calling Jack, Hmm, i got a call from him one morning and believe you me, this is no one that that I want to talk to again unless in person.
my story starts about mid way down the page.
http://www.angrymandrel.com/smfforum...c,403.120.html
I am posting this because I'm truly sick of reading how he will take care of you and customer service claims of UO. His business practices in my experience have been insanely bad!!!!!
if you make it through my posting and continue to read jacks reply, you will see that not once does he take responsibility for making me do all the foot work as far as his financial problems, but blames me, my bank and and what ever. not once does he take responcibility for screwing up.
Old 2008-06-06, 9:32am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
not excepting his apology. I never got nasty, nor did I threaten him as did he me. if you like to compare my experience with Best Buy? stop selling O2 machines and start selling the stuff your smoking. might be advisable to read my posting before you comment on what you think took place Brent. see again assumed things, dont check the facts and reply on assumptions. sad.
No threats? You just did kind of hinted that you would like to see him in person... what did you mean by that? Sounds like you have a beef to settle and the talking is done. I read your posts over there. I've read your posts on LE since it happened. I've talked to Jack about it... and I have given it some serious thought. If there was any way to change your experience, I would... you got a refund... is there anything else you want? What could be done to give you the satisfaction you obviously haven't achieved yet?

Old 2008-06-06, 9:33am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ol' Boy View Post
I went to your link to read up. I also found some pretty disturbing information from other customers that were not treated as well as you were.
If this company is so "lily white" now, it seems like they walked all over alot of us. Lots of claims made.

http://www.angrymandrel.com/smfforum...pic,403.0.html
Why don't you tell us your name? Do you have any affiliation with another Oxycon supplier?

Old 2008-06-06, 9:38am

maybe my example is the worst, but one needs to do a search of products in terms of what is negative first, rather what the positives are. that includes customer service big time.
so again can some one point me to the negative threads on the customer service or the product under the name of Regalia? I know there is got to be some people that have problems with the units, its just I can't find any posting or links in regards to that. I like know because I'm research these unit before a possible purchase.

------------------------
Old 2008-06-06, 9:47am

Quote:
No threats? You just did kind of hinted that you would like to see him in person... what did you mean by that? Sounds like you have a beef to settle and the talking is done. I read your posts over there. I've read your posts on LE since it happened. I've talked to Jack about it... and I have given it some serious thought. If there was any way to change your experience, I would... you got a refund... is there anything else you want? What could be done to give you the satisfaction you obviously haven't achieved yet?
hmm I did not. I said " this is no one that that I want to talk to again unless in person."

read into that what you like Brent. I see no threat there even as i read it over. nor did I make one.
I hope never to meet this guy

------------------------
Old 2008-06-06, 9:52am

I've been really fair about my accounts in my experience with UO. what I want is the public to know not to do business directly with the company. THAT IS WHAT I WANT, so others don't have to have the same experience.

------------------------
Old 2008-06-06, 9:55am
boro color bender

No sure why I even humored this request... but here are some pics with my two machines turned up to 10. The flame is a little more disorganized and not the flame setting I normally run. I turn my knobs wide open and don't adjust them, so 7.5-8 LPM each works better for me on my set up. I make all of my flame adjustments with the propane knob. 7.5-8 LPM is all I need or want. If I didn't have these M-20s, a pair of M-15s would suit me just fine.

Old 2008-06-06, 9:58am
boro color bender

I used the same camera and didn't change the settings at all. These look darker than the others because I'm assuming the camera adjusted itself to the lighting... the sun has moved.

Old 2008-06-06, 9:59am

also Brent making threats is breaking the law. it be pretty stupid of me to break the law.
with that. let me explain something to you. Jack broke the Law. writing a check on the a frozen/ block account is a felony here in Washington State. feel free to look into that. I will not provide you with the information, though i have done my home work on the subject both here and in Jacks home town with the law enforcement and the fraud department with several banks. just a FYI

------------------------
Old 2008-06-06, 10:26am
boro color bender

Why wasn't he arrested? I mean really... by your account, he should be asking for a phone call and a lawyer. Neither happened. His account of what happened is different than yours. He says he had funds deposited and the check should have cleared. He's apologized for being out of town when the check was returned and when he got back to the office, your credit card was refunded. I'm not a judge and this isn't a court of law, so I don't have to assign guilt. Thank goodness for small miracles. I guess I've kind of stuck myself in the middle, because I do care about the situation. None of my customers have a beef with me and if they ever do, I hope they'll give me the opportunity to make it right. I'm done playing he said/ he said /she said for now. I'm satisfied with the decision I've made to purchase, use and sell UO units. I've got more constructive things to spend my time on. If anything is needed from me, I'll gladly see what I can do. Gotta get ready to teach tomorrow and head out of town on Monday too... much love and good luck to you all...

Old 2008-06-06, 11:57am
Booyarashaka

I could so chime in with so much but I won't ... can you believe it!

I, along with so many others, are keeping up with this thread and seeing just what comes out of the wash. Once you touch someone's pocket, meaning the distributors, you see them coming out of the woodwork, yet I only see two talking so .... Please keep the facts pouring in and I know that a lot of us can't wait to see this database built and kept up to date so we all can really benefit when spending cash on concentrators/generators and torche's. Really good stuff!

"Temet Nosce"

Old 2008-06-06, 1:21pm
Curmudgeon

Quote:
yet I only see two talking so ....
Only two? All the individuals that posted support for Jack and Unlimited Oxygen are just imaginary? They could have just stayed out of this skirmish but make a specific effort to comment. Why?

My interest? Pleasing customers by providing the opportunity to get a great oxycon at a terrific price. Especially the Canadian customers that save big by reducing freight and customs costs. Am I making big bucks selling them? Absobloodlytely not. It's a pittance compared with the many many other products I sell.

Offering great products at great prices was my objective in creating Victorian Art Glass, is still my constant goal, and one I expect my sons will continue as they take over the several different glass businesses. Because Jack supplies a great product at a great price and regularly stands behind his product, I very much enjoy working with him and selling his fine products. I suggest the real complaint Jack's competitors have is that Jack sells so many concentrators.

I expect all those individuals that made an effort to express their support for Jack will continue to buy from him and I equally expect that all prospective new customers will be considerably more affected by those testimonials than the completely obvious efforts to harm Jack's business.

Are any of my customers dissatisfied with Jack's machines? Nope. But lots wish they could get them quicker, a problem created by Jack doing such a fine job that he sells oxycons faster then he can make them.

DeBrady Glassworks
- - Glass Campus
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan
Old 2008-06-06, 1:37pm
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Why wasn't he arrested? I mean really... by your account, he should be asking for a phone call and a lawyer. Neither happened. His account of what happened is different than yours. He says he had funds deposited and the check should have cleared. He's apologized for being out of town when the check was returned and when he got back to the office, your credit card was refunded. I'm not a judge and this isn't a court of law, so I don't have to assign guilt. Thank goodness for small miracles. I guess I've kind of stuck myself in the middle, because I do care about the situation. None of my customers have a beef with me and if they ever do, I hope they'll give me the opportunity to make it right. I'm done playing he said/ he said /she said for now. I'm satisfied with the decision I've made to purchase, use and sell UO units. I've got more constructive things to spend my time on. If anything is needed from me, I'll gladly see what I can do. Gotta get ready to teach tomorrow and head out of town on Monday too... much love and good luck to you all...
Banks often hold the funds on a deposited cheque until they are sure the cheque clears. It's not unusual for them to hold those funds much longer then is needed to confirm deposit clearance. If Jack issued a cheque assuming the funds he deposited would be used to cover that dispatched cheque, shouldn't the outrage be directed at the bank? Don't know about other folk, but I have lots of reason to express outrage towards banks.

I'm a thoroughly happy fella today. Unlimited Oxygen informed me this morning a big bunch of concentrators is shipping to me in Seattle for me to go down and bring back into Canada. Contrary to "Starr's" assertations, it is perfectly legal for me, or anybody else, to do my own transportation and customs clearance. It's a large part of how we can offer seriously competitive prices.

This order is gunna make a whole lot of my customers happy too. Most of them didn't just buy oxycons, but also ordered torches, and kilns, and exhaust fans, and glass and all sorts of other stuff. Business at Victorian Art Glass is fabulous amd growing constantly - thanks to suppliers like Jack.

DeBrady Glassworks
- - Glass Campus
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan
Old 2008-06-06, 2:14pm
Gay rights R human rights

Exhaust fans? My ears just perked up....where on the website are they?

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-06-06, 2:30pm
Booyarashaka

meaning the distributors, you see them coming out of the woodwork, yet I only see two talking so

Have more then two distributors chimed in that sell the UO machines Dennis? If so I do apologize.

"Temet Nosce"

Old 2008-06-06, 3:32pm
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggybubba View Post
Exhaust fans? My ears just perked up....where on the website are they?
Not on the website yet. We're also behind on putting up some new sections for torches, sandblasters, and kilns. Son Jason does all our web work and the lazy-assed kid has gone on vacation. He's kayaking across Great Central Lake and hiking up Drinkwater Canyon to visit Della Falls (the tallest falls in Canada).

Lots of new stuff loading up as soon as my wandering son returns.

DeBrady Glassworks
- - Glass Campus
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan
Old 2008-06-06, 4:28pm

Default would you be so kind #2

would you be so kind as to set your units to the max setting of 10 lpm ,run them for at least 30 minutes and then take and post the photos of your torch flame .for comparison. That would a good comparison of flows @ 8lpm vs. 10 lpm running for a period of time. If the purity is is good the flame will remain the same whether you are running it at 8 or 10 psi. If the flame degrades at 10lpm then oxygen purity is the primary suspect.

Quote:
Why don't you tell us your name? Do you have any affiliation with another Oxycon supplier?