No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-04-11, 6:03am

Default Help with fusing photo paper

Help Help and Help

I have bought some decalse photopaper from USA 10 sheat and all, I was so happy had thought that i would take som photo of my kids and put into my glasswork, so wrong I could take he he now I have try over 20 difrent ways to fuse it and nothing is working, are there somebody out there who has a good advice to me, a burning curve to give me, probaly somthing in the prosses of burning there goes wrong, the best result i got was the glass only tack fused and thats not good enoght, I have try to ask the company twis of help but they don't know.....so if enyone out there who has a great burning curve og share with me i would be glad.....
Happy easter from Ann

I boght them at DELPHI the decalse paper

my blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-04-13, 7:30am

Did you try their website? It's texascraft.com

Good luck!

Mary
Old 2009-04-13, 8:55am

ØH that didt help mush i have the decales i need to know how to burn them in the klin, I can make the decales and transfere them on glass, that i need is the way to fusing them, try out difret fusing ways i normaly use on my stuff but it wont work thats why i need help with a fusing scala have ofcorse contaktet delphi but just got a paper where they stand somthing about what kind of ink i have to use and i have the right one, and nothingels...the webside you gave me don't give eny fireing ( fusing info )

my blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-04-13, 10:58am
It's all about the color.

You might find something helpful here:
http://www.glass-fusing-made-easy.co...oto-paper.html

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2009-04-13, 1:19pm

Thanks just send the lady a mail hope i get it right next time

my blog:
Old 2009-04-13, 1:20pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Are you using the right kind of printer? It has to be a specific toner type to work.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-04-13, 3:53pm

Squid is right, you have to use a printer with a high iron content like the HP 1020 or 2300 laser jet.
Bob
Old 2009-04-13, 10:56pm

yes i do I even have the best one for the purpes i chek that out before i bought the paper, the problem is that when I get at god result with the paper is the glass only tack fused, if i go to full fusing it burn out, so it is something with the time and heat i do wrong but try out so many ways and dont get it right so i am looking for sombody who do this and have the perfekt fusing scala step by step, and i know not all klins are like, i do have to klines and try them both

my blog:
Old 2009-04-13, 11:04pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Try using the temp where you get a tack fuse and hold it longer or go up about 10 degrees from there and hold it longer.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-04-13, 11:26pm

I haven't used my paper (bought some time ago - hope it doesn't have a shelf life) .. but ...

First of all full fuse to get the shape you want.
Then apply the decal and tack fuse to apply keep it within the temp range suitable... for what you want. What temp does it adhere at? Either way do the high temp things first and work downwards.

It applies to painting applications as well ...

Old 2009-04-15, 6:27pm
Insomniac Beader

Hi Perleloftet--

I think that SadiesJewels has the right idea--create a flat blank that is full fused as a first step. Then, in a second firing, apply the photopaper decals and tack fuse them.

Do you need basic firing schedules for full and tack fuse? I will share my schedules for COE 90 glass if that would be helpful.

Julie
Old 2009-04-15, 8:57pm

I read my instructions tonight (like I have time but I needed a worthwhile diversion - lol).

Fuse onto opaque light colored backgrounds is recommended.
Only certain laser printers are recommended.

Yes ... fuse your blank base layers first and then fuse on the picture paper.

You can cap your image with a transparent too.