Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-03-11, 2:29pm

Default Coming Soon

I have some great news I just can't wait to share. I am teaming up Salt Lake's top photography store Pictureline. http://www.pictureline.com To bring a photography equipment and supply thread here to LE.

Pictureline is a fantastic store that has catered to the professional photographer here in Salt Lake City for over twenty five year.

We will be testing cameras and lighting gear and will review them here in the dark room. With actual photos of beads. We'll test cameras from the top camera companies. And from all price levels.

Once we have the best of best. Pictureline may offer special rates for LE members.

The thread can also be use for trouble shooting any problems with those cameras and Lighting packages. By myself or a pictureline Rep.

So please comment So I can show them just how much interest there is here for a thread like this.
Scott

ESTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-03-11, 9:45pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

This sounds terrific!! Can't wait for the start....pat
Old 2008-03-11, 10:00pm
Sheila

That sounds wonderful, Scott! Can we request instructions for specific cameras?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-03-11, 11:14pm

Sheila, Yes and no. We will have to stay with in the brands they sell. They are not best buy. Check their web site for those brands. If they have them we'll test them. Nikon & Canon for sure. But if its a camera we test or they sale. The whole Idea here is to provide that kind of support.

What I'm hoping to start. Is a partnership. Where I can test equipment and put together packages of varies price ranges. That I know first hand ( testing at close up and macro ) will be a good buy for the money. I will also test lighting equipment. It is my hope to to get pictureline excited enough that they will participate here in the dark room to bring advice and good buys to the lampworking community.

I really think this could be good for everyone. But time and interest will tell.

All thoughts and suggestions are welcome. At this point its still in the brain child phase. I hope to have it up in a month.

Bring on your input.
Scott

ESTY

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2008-03-11 at 11:20pm.
Old 2008-03-12, 3:19am
Macaw Mamma

Looks great!!

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2008-03-12, 8:14am

This is a great idea! I've been thinking about upgrading my camera, and will be very interested in the outcome of the tests.
Old 2008-03-12, 9:19am
Martyrs don't bitch.

Neat idea!

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2008-03-12, 2:58pm
Butterfly Rancher

Love the idea!

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2008-03-15, 1:27pm

I love this idea! when you get nearer, email me & I'll send you the link to where we bought ours (wish you'd done this sooner!) so you can see what theyput together for really nice kits.
Old 2008-03-15, 4:37pm
Trying to Hope!

what a cool Idea

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy