Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2007-12-31, 7:23am
Your Royal Fritness

Smile My Finished Studio W/Lots of Pictures

We finished up right before Christmas. I tried to put everything that I would ever want into it. It is set up for 2 torches. I just have one up for now. It has a fridge, sink, beading area, lots of storage, bathroom, & lounging area. DH added the Monster TV to my plans but he did add XM radio and gave me a cool sony ipod dock for the sound system...That's my kids playing Gutair Hero. I still need to add the art work to the walls but I'm calling it done

The before picture is 1st.

Happy New Year All!

Dawn
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Mustang Dawn; 2007-12-31 at 7:29am.
Old 2007-12-31, 7:24am
Your Royal Fritness

Default more...

More pictures
Attached Images

Old 2007-12-31, 7:36am
Certified Glassaholic!

Lucky duck! Who would ever want to leave? And, heck girl!! What's with that wall of frit???

I'm seriously envious My space, when it's done, might be 6' x 6'.

Old 2007-12-31, 7:38am

Wow I'm so envious! Thats a great studio!

# M 114
Old 2007-12-31, 9:38am
JOAT, Master of None

LOVE IT!!! That's what I want mine to be like!But Like Yeepers,, I'll probably have a 6x6 space.. when/if ever finished
Old 2007-12-31, 10:20am
Your Royal Fritness

Thanks ladies,

Robin & Yeepers,

My actual working studio size is 8.5 feet by 7 feet. My work table is 8 foot long to give you a size reference. I made that skinny frit & press shelf (I saw the plans in a magazine at home depot) because it gave me a lot more room in my space. If I need something I can just turn around roll and get it with a hot bead in my hand. If I had a regular storage shelf it would make my space look a lot smaller. I do love my beading table and sink for cleaning beads. No more running up stairs to clean them. Plus, with the computer down there I don't have to run upstairs to see if the pictures are ok. This set up will save a lot of stair time

I think you should both have enough space to play and have it look sweet!

Happy New Year

Dawn

Old 2007-12-31, 10:23am
WeBeadTogether

Wow.. very nice! I'd never want to leave. Thanks for sharing your pics with us.

Old 2007-12-31, 10:32am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

You are officially the biggest press whore I have ever seen.
I surrender my title to you. I am SOOO jealous.
Awesome studio!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2007-12-31, 10:41am

WOW! I so have studio envy!
Great job!!!
Old 2007-12-31, 10:48am
birdergirl ~o~

Wow Nice Dawn!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2007-12-31, 11:07am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post
Thanks ladies,

Robin & Yeepers,

My actual working studio size is 8.5 feet by 7 feet. My work table is 8 foot long to give you a size reference. I made that skinny frit & press shelf (I saw the plans in a magazine at home depot) because it gave me a lot more room in my space. If I need something I can just turn around roll and get it with a hot bead in my hand. If I had a regular storage shelf it would make my space look a lot smaller. I do love my beading table and sink for cleaning beads. No more running up stairs to clean them. Plus, with the computer down there I don't have to run upstairs to see if the pictures are ok. This set up will save a lot of stair time

I think you should both have enough space to play and have it look sweet!

Happy New Year

Dawn
I'd love to see the plans for that shelf! Do you still have the article, or can
you tell me what issue it was in? I'm having serious shelf envy.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2007-12-31, 11:11am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
You are officially the biggest press whore I have ever seen....Awesome studio!
Sheesh, no kidding!!!! I thought I was bad!!!! Absolutely WONDERFUL STUDIO, Dawn!!! Good for you...can you tell us exactly what to look/ask for at HD to make one of those shelves (plans found at Home Depot? I can't find a bloody thing over there without walking every isle and tripping one of the Customer Service Reps. as they run past!)

Happy New Year!!! Make and post wonderful stuff!!!
DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2007-12-31, 11:39am
Your Royal Fritness

Karen and DeAnne,

In my humble defense I test Mike's presses and Robin's Frits (Glass Diversions) it is a tough job but someone has to do it

I love this shelf. I made mine 3 foot wide and did not use the metal shelf holders. I just nailed them in instead of putting in the shelf holder. It was pretty cheep to make as well. Oh, my shelves are 7 inches a part.

Here is the directions

Happy New Year!

Dawn
Attached Images

Old 2007-12-31, 12:09pm
T.J. made me do it

Thank you soo much for the shelf plans! They are just what I need. Love your new space! It's so complete!

Julie
Old 2007-12-31, 12:46pm
Your Royal Fritness

Julie, I'm glad I could help

Here is a picture which will give a better size reference.

Dawn
Attached Images

Last edited by Mustang Dawn; 2007-12-31 at 11:22pm.
Old 2007-12-31, 2:51pm
Trying to Hope!

wow awesome

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-12-31, 11:14pm
I speak Murrini!

Hi Dawn:

Just popped in again to gaze upon your lovely space and daydream about such "urban legends" - Ha!!!! Saw you posted the plans - you're an angel!!! I'll have to muscle a bit of space out of the 3 car garage (of which I accommodate an area about 7' wide and 3 1/2" deep - geeze, who do I think I am, anyway?) - but I figure this could be modified to fit whatever I'm able to snag - thanks so much again!

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-01-01, 10:17am
MomOnAMission

You lucky, girl you!!! Great studio!! Congratulations
Old 2008-01-01, 11:25am
Rare Florida Native

Very nice studio Dawn - I love the frit & press storage
Thanks for sharing the info on them.
Enjoy your new space!

Old 2008-01-01, 12:17pm
Burning Fingers!

Congrats on your new space - it looks so streamlined and convenient to work in. Like the others, I too am envious!
If you don't mind me asking - where did you get your photo lights? I am having a terrible time finding proper photography lighting.

/
/
/

Old 2008-01-01, 12:43pm
Critter Mom

Great studio! Where did you get the rod storage unit? I was looking for something like that but gave up and put together some PVC pipe sections. I also have "Press Envy"...great use of a small space.
Old 2008-01-01, 2:03pm
Spoiled

Very nice Dawn. Oh to have everything right by eachother instead of having to go from room to room.

RetiredinCoquille, the glass storage is fence railing from Lowe's or Home Depot. It's awesome stuff to use. It comes in 8' lengths and is really easy to cut. The two dividers are part of it (molded in as part of the railing) and hold a little over a pound of glass in each space.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-01-01, 2:10pm
Salt Box Beads

Dawn..Very nice! My fav is the three lampshades light fixture in blue and yellow..

I just love that light fixture!!!

Everything is set up so nicely. Isn't wonderful when time, money, space, energy all come together for you??
Lorraine
Old 2008-01-01, 4:27pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P View Post
Congrats on your new space - it looks so streamlined and convenient to work in. Like the others, I too am envious!
If you don't mind me asking - where did you get your photo lights? I am having a terrible time finding proper photography lighting.
Thanks

You can buy them at Wal Mart or Home Depot. They are about $5 each. I bought the light bulbs at Wal Mart as well. They were daylight bulbs IIRC. I built the PVC frame for under $6 as well

Happy New Year,

Dawn

Old 2008-01-01, 4:29pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredinCoquille View Post
Great studio! Where did you get the rod storage unit? I was looking for something like that but gave up and put together some PVC pipe sections. I also have "Press Envy"...great use of a small space.
Aimee is right. I bought them at Lowes. They did not have them in stock so they ordered them for me. My DH cut them up. The worst thing about them is getting all the shaving out of them once you cut it. We used a shop vac and it worked pretty well.

Dawn

Old 2008-01-01, 4:42pm
Spoiled

Mine were pretty dirty when I bought them, they had them just sitting outside in the lawn section, so after we cut them I just took the hose to them. It washed all the dirt and shavings off.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-01-02, 7:04am
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherzz2u View Post
Dawn..Very nice! My fav is the three lampshades light fixture in blue and yellow..

I just love that light fixture!!!

Everything is set up so nicely. Isn't wonderful when time, money, space, energy all come together for you??
Lorraine
I really like the light too. I think I need to lower them just a bit

It sure is nice feeling to finally finish it. I orginally had a 14 week plan to get it all done..... that was last January, lol....

Dawn

Old 2008-01-02, 11:29am

Frit S**T, what's with all those presses?
Ok I read down and see that you are testing presses and frit. What does one have to do to be an official tester? Do you get to keep them after you test them?

This is timely, as Dh is remodeling my stained glass studio to accomadate my torch and a jewelry bench. See lots of good ideas, thanks Pam

Old 2008-01-02, 11:46am
Queen Bead

Dawn, What a perfect set-up! You lucky dog! Hope to see ya soon
I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied. "I created You." ~ Jim Willis
Old 2008-01-02, 4:09pm
Your Royal Fritness

I've had a few pm's on my ventilation system so I thought I would post the link to that thread

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ht=feed+Trough

Thanks Doreen, The Michigan/Ind. group is meeting at my house on the 19th. We would love for you to join us! Just send me a pm and I'll send you my address... your not far at all

Happy New Year,

Dawn