Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2012-10-09, 3:32pm

Talking Scanning beads & findings

Need some help please

I am trying to use my scanner to scan a bunch of silver findings instead of individual picture taking. For some reason the white background is coming out dark gray which I can't use. Can anyone tell me the best way to scan findings and beads - PLEASE!

Thanks!!!!!
Old 2012-10-09, 5:45pm

Drape a black cloth over it rather than use the white cover. Or scan it in a dark room with the lid open. Also, depending on how big your beads are, if you roll them as the scanning light moves you get a 360 degree scan of the bead... slightly longated though. I use to do this with soda cans, roll them with the light and get the whole can in one scan.

Mike
Old 2012-10-10, 5:55pm
Alaska Boro

Take your image file and run it through one of the photo processing programs. Photo Shop will work or any number of other programs some of which are free. Basically you need to color correct and to increase the levels of the whites, perhaps sharpen and save as either a PNG or JPEG.
Old 2012-10-11, 7:31am
Gentleman of Leisure

I never found scans to be really acceptable for quality images ... There are two things that disturb me about scans, one is depth of field (anything not on actual glass surface goes out of focus real fast) and the other the objects seem to be floating in image with out any real relationship (perspective) to background or foreground....

Scan will never beat out good quality "setup" (staging and lighting0) and decent digital camera for images for me....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2012-10-27, 11:14am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I agree with Dale. Scans for anything 3D are odd looking.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Tags
beads, findings, scan