Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-06-04, 12:51pm

Default Jack ridgeway did it again

Do you remember the past thread? Do you remember he said he'd accept my package. GUESS WHAT?
HE FKN REFUSED THE PACKAGE.
That's it....I'm filing a small claims court tomorrow.

Thanks JACK! You Totally proved me wrong. I thought, you'd make it right.
I AM NOT WAITING FOR IT TO BE CONVIENENT FOR YOU!

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
INDIANAPOLIS,
IN, US 06/04/2009 1:34 P.M. THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-06-04, 12:56pm

Here's the other thread and what HE Said right from the horse's mouth. I have never been so pissed off in my life.
Gee Jack did you think I wouldn't check the status of the package.
That's it...I'm done. You wanna play hardball..then so be it. I have a FKN final to study for and I'm not allowing this to get in the way.
YOU WILL be hearing from me. ALOT! And so will LE. I will not allow you to hurt or cheat another hard working person again!

2009-06-01, 12:07pm
oxydoc
Senior Member Join Date: Mar 03, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey reenie, I deleted my post because I regreted what I posted. I am sorry for saying what I did. You did not deserve that kind of response from me. You have been patient with me and I do appreciate it. I did not mean what I said about drugs. I don't know you well enough to say such things. I will accept the COD and do whatever is necessary to make it right. I have always worked with my distributors to find an even, fair solution. Times are tough for all of us and we need to be working together instead of pulling apart. I do try to please everyone, but I am one little skinny white boy trying to please too many. I have pretty much stopped using distributors and I sell mostly over the phone. Some of the repairs and replacements have suffered because of me trying to fill orders. I will be better equipped to deal with people and orders by skinning my distributors down to a loyal few. Which I have. Victorian art Glass, Eugene School of Glass, Sundance and Blue moon are my Distributors as of now. Including myself of course. I am working to be a better source for O2. I have a new 10 lpm machine coming out and I am also working on a new torch with a friend. So, again I apologize for the rude thing I said. I will make it right with you. Jack

Corrie....I think you really need to do what you do to others that owe people money and stop allowing them to post in Sales Rack until they take care of their customers.
I will be PM'ing you about this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-06-04, 1:03pm
moth to the flame

OMG!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-06-04, 1:07pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I am flabbergasted. I didn't post in the other thread but did read it ( including the deleted posts....)

Old 2009-06-04, 1:12pm
In search of her path....

Well the message from UPS makes it sound like they are requesting a different delivery date which is easily done when they leave you ticket if your not there to sign for a package then you can call in and set up a date/time for them to attempt redelivery. Ive had to do this on a couple occasions when I lived at my old house because they refused to leave packages if I was not there to sign for it. They would leave a we wll attempt lable thing and id have to let them know when to deliver it or they would deliver it on the date on the tag.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It is pretty crappy though what is going on and you definately should NOT be strung along like this. It just isnt right.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-06-04, 1:32pm

Yea I've gotten that "not there we will attempt to redeliver the package notice" before but this is NOT what's happened.

THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE

he received it and asked for UPS to hold it for him.

I've called UPS and they are calling within an hour to find what what delivery date he chose to have it redelivered and what conversation took place between UPS and Jack.
We'll let you know what I find out!

Old 2009-06-04, 1:34pm

Ahaaaa Go figure! UPS just called me as I was typing the above post. The UPS driver said the package was put on Hold because The receiver...um Jack did not have the money to pay for it. Asked for it be redelivered on Monday....
Here we go all fkn again!

Old 2009-06-04, 1:57pm
I need more boro stuff

OMG what a mess!!!

<hugs Irene>

Old 2009-06-04, 2:00pm
da General

Well at least that's very different from his refusing the package all together as was implied in the first post - he is asking for a few days to have the funds to pay for the COD charge. Not that's any comfort to you, Irene.

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-06-04, 2:06pm

hayley,
it's the same thing. HE knew it was on it's way. He KNEW when it was to be delivered. He knew it was C.O.D. from the get go which means he'd have to pay. He even knew if from my posts.
So delay, refusal...makes no difference to me at this time. He's trying to buy more time which he has continually done since January.
All of us that have had problems have heard.....Will ship on Monday...will refund on Monday, will Refund next week, will do this and will do that from the start so hearing it once again.....arrgh....I just can't let this go and I need to just for today~

Old 2009-06-04, 3:21pm

I'm new here. Can someone please tell me what products he deals in so that I know not to buy from him. I like to spend my money with people I don't have to worry about. Hope you get this worked out.
Old 2009-06-04, 4:47pm
Smooches!

He deals in oxygen concentrators. DO NOT BUY from him.

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2009-06-04, 4:53pm

Quote:
hayley,
it's the same thing. HE knew it was on it's way. He KNEW when it was to be delivered. He knew it was C.O.D. from the get go which means he'd have to pay. He even knew if from my posts.
So delay, refusal...makes no difference to me at this time. He's trying to buy more time which he has continually done since January.
All of us that have had problems have heard.....Will ship on Monday...will refund on Monday, will Refund next week, will do this and will do that from the start so hearing it once again.....arrgh....I just can't let this go and I need to just for today~
There is nothing going on here. I simply asked them to bring it on Monday because the request was for a cashier's check. I was at the shop alone and could not get away. I am buying the cashiers check and giving it to them on Monday. I had no idea when the package would arrive. I simply have to make ready. Anybody would do the same. Please understand, I dont carry a 535.00 cashier's check in my pocket. All will be ok. There are no problems!!!! jack

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-04, 5:21pm

The UPS driver walked into my shop and stated that they had a COD delivery, which I WAS expecting. He stated that the COD had to be a cashier's checkin the amount of 535.00. I asked him to take a check, he could not- I asked him to come back later in the day so I could go purchase a cashier's check, he could not come back- I asked him to wait for 30 minutes so I could go to the bank and purchase a cashier' check he said he could not. He said my choices were among only 2. Refuse the shippment or reschedule the delivery. So, rescheduled the delivery. I am sorry for your stress. This will be over soon. jack (ps) the driver was very understanding. He also said that most people who require a cashier's check will notify the reciever so they can be prepared.

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-04, 5:22pm

Quote:
He deals in oxygen concentrators. DO NOT BUY from him.
Have you had a bad experience with me?

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-04, 5:30pm
Smooches!

No, but apparently a whole hell of a lot of people have had a bad experience. Sorry, but this is not the 1st thread I've read about your business practices.

Old 2009-06-04, 5:34pm
birdergirl ~o~

I know I shouldn't post this but I don't always do the sensible thing.
I've read the previous threads but admit I haven't to the largest extent, examined all the minutia and back and fourths but do have a grasp of the overall picture.
I'm sorry Rennie is having such problems, and I know if it were me I would feel like her, we all pay so much for supplies and equipment. I am wondering if there is ways to deal with this (small claims etc.,) that would keep things on a more even keel perhaps. Is there a way to do small claims over the internet? But I wonder how much beyond the money due to Rennie that these posts have cost Jack?
Maybe that is partially why he is having trouble paying(?), lost customers/revenues because of the negative posts? What about the legal recourse of this ? I had some beads in a gallery, when I went to pick them up,... 4 were "missing", I talked to the owner and he said he knew he needs to send me a check ..... nothing .. for over a year, he has now closed his gallery and opened a warehouse/internet type of online gallery, someone advised me that to publicly accuse him on the internet could leave me open to a lawsuit.
So I'm wondering what is the proper way to deal with this type of problem?
I'm not trying to put salt in Rennies wounds but what would you do?
What is the best way to deal with "internet unhappiness buying experiences"?

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-06-04, 5:45pm

Quote:
There is nothing going on here. I simply asked them to bring it on Monday because the request was for a cashier's check. I was at the shop alone and could not get away. I am buying the cashiers check and giving it to them on Monday. I had no idea when the package would arrive. I simply have to make ready. Anybody would do the same. Please understand, I dont carry a 535.00 cashier's check in my pocket. All will be ok. There are no problems!!!! jack
You know, that sounds credible to me. I realize how frustrating it can be to wait in a situation like this but wouldn't picking up the phone & asking the vendor what the deal is be more productive?
You can always post in the forums after checking things out.

Back in my day, we had nine planets.
Old 2009-06-04, 5:59pm

With all of the history of this thread, to me, a responsible seller, would have contacted Reenie and explained to her why he could not accept the item until Monday. His explanation may be valid, but past history makes Jack unbelievable. Makes me wonder if he's still "buying time".

Old 2009-06-04, 6:22pm

Quote:
With all of the history of this thread, to me, a responsible seller, would have contacted Reenie and explained to her why he could not accept the item until Monday. His explanation may be valid, but past history makes Jack unbelievable. Makes me wonder if he's still "buying time".
That would have been a good idea. But, before I could even have any chance to explain, I find the results of the day here on this thread. The only info I get is right here. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-04, 6:33pm

As far as the suggestion for resolving these issues with an "on line small claims court". Very good. Thats what this is! We have an audiance with a very vocal opinion. The opinion of this audiance matters very much. We can see how people respond to certain scenerios(sp), and judge what the right action should be. I don't need a court to tell me what I need to do. I know. And the people who read this article will tell me. Not always in a kind way.

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-04, 10:26pm

I'm totally exhausted from dealing with this, work, school and family. I will not comment anymore on this until I see what happens on Monday. I have no proof on what your conversation was with UPS so I can't discount what you said happened yet, from past experience with you...I can't say that it DID happen as you said it did as well.
Promises have been broken all along and that's my experience and that's what I posted....my experience. From what others have told me and the emails I've been getting, promises about receiving money are abundant.

As I said in my original post, UPS filled out the paperwork. How they get payment or what payment they request was not made by me. I would think you'd know more since you have filed claims with UPS before and have had many machines come back to you.
I have to admit, I am happy they choice this option as it protects me.

But anyways...I have no idea if what you said is true or not and so I will not comment. I was told you refused shipment due to no money but they did not tell me that you wrote a check nor did they say that they required a money order or cashier's check.
I am officially done with school and for the rest of the weekend, I plan on finally taking it easy and torching and just finally relaxing so....
I'm shutting up for now.

Old 2009-06-04, 10:32pm
marbeads

Exclamation Vendor wars?

I see that once again, or should I say still, there is drama between vendors. Folks who sell on the internet seem to lose their perspective of day to day business problems.
I can't tell which side is right, but the dialogue between vendors is not helping the people who are just logging on to get information about glass.
This kind of talk really makes all the vendors look bad.
Letting it go would be good, no?
Just a lamp worker,
HITK,
Kurt
Ps By the way the bad language alone is enough to turn some folks off to glass.This is a public forum, would you talk like that in front of your children? Private e-mail would be kinder to us all.
Old 2009-06-04, 10:59pm

Quote:
Ps By the way the bad language alone is enough to turn some folks off to glass.This is a public forum, would you talk like that in front of your children? Private e-mail would be kinder to us all.
This is an adult forum, with a handful of teenagers, and the language was filtered. I don't think the standard of how you'd speak in front of your children applies here. If someone is turned off to glass by someone else's bad language... well, that's just a tad bit delicate, don't you think?

I also strongly disagree that "private email would have been kinder to us all." Reading threads like this has helped guide me about who to buy from and who to avoid, both among vendors and private sellers. I'll choose my own brand of kindness, thanks, but perhaps you should consider whether you'd be happier reading a more heavily moderated forum. Some of us would like to protect the openness here.

Last edited by beadbroad; 2009-06-05 at 7:04am.
Old 2009-06-05, 12:16am
Ad astra per aspera

Unless Reenie specifically requested a cashier's check or money order, they should have accepted a personal check on delivery. (Then again, all things considered, I think I'd want a cashier's check at this point.)

The UPS website says this about COD deliveries:

UPS will attempt to collect the amount shown on the C.O.D. tag or package label, and then send the payment to you. If UPS cannot collect the payment after three attempts, the package will be returned.

When you select C.O.D. for a residential address, you will also receive UPS Voice NotificationSM at no additional charge. If you have provided the recipient's telephone number, then UPS will call the recipient to advise when the shipment will be delivered and the amount of the payment due. Your customer is then prepared to accept delivery at the first attempt, and UPS can expedite your payment.

These terms of service apply to C.O.D.:

* UPS will accept C.O.D.s for amounts up to US$50,000.00 per shipment.
* UPS will accept a business or personal check, or another negotiable form of payment.
* At the shipper's request, UPS will accept a cashier's check or money order only.
* UPS will not accept currency in any amount.
* The shipper assumes all risk related to the collection of the payment, including non-payment, insufficient funds, and forgery.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-06-05, 12:47am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Quote:
This is an adult forum, with a handful of teenagers, and the language was filtered. I don't think the standard of how you'd speak in front of your children applies here. If someone is turned off to glass by someone else's bad language... well, that's just a tad bit delicate, don't you think?

I also strongly disagree that "private email would have been kinder to us all." Reading threads like this have helped guide me about who to buy from and who to avoid, both among vendors and private sellers. I'll choose my own brand of kindness, thanks, but perhaps you should consider whether you'd be happier reading a more heavily moderated forum. Some of us would like to protect the openness here.

Thank you! You nailed what I tried to say but I could not find the right words ( different language and such)
I completely agree with you.

Old 2009-06-05, 12:52am

Thank you for posting that Karen. I know I did not request the money order but I know the UPS office well so maybe he chose it as the best option for me knowing my situation.
I've printed that out though for future reference.

But the bottom line is very true. I guess the way that was chosen was really the best for all.
Hey Kurt...no problem you sharing how you feel. I've been very quiet and very patient.
6 months is a long time to try and resolve something and that's why i finally posted.
I'm not ashamed at what I posted nor the language I may have used. When your mad, your mad and there's not very many people I know who don't let a few choice words slip now and then.

Do I talk like this in front of my children? Not to them that's for sure but yes, they've heard mom cuss before. They hear it all the time on tv and their dad is a construction worker.....need I say more.

Do I speak to my customers or vendors this way? No and actually never had to before. I hope it will be the last time.

Old 2009-06-05, 2:34am
picking Job's Tears

Kurt, I don't know you from whatever. But I am quite upset with you upsetting one of my favorite glass vendors (not that I buy a whole lot of glass, but I like Reenie).

Reenie should have her problem resolved. A few months ago.
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2009-06-05, 8:21am

Quote:
I see that once again, or should I say still, there is drama between vendors. Folks who sell on the internet seem to lose their perspective of day to day business problems.
I can't tell which side is right, but the dialogue between vendors is not helping the people who are just logging on to get information about glass.
This kind of talk really makes all the vendors look bad.
Letting it go would be good, no?
Just a lamp worker,
HITK,
Kurt
Kurt,

It's good for us to know that YOU could afford to let $535. just "go" but I sure couldn't. I work hard for my money and threads like these do help me decide who I can trust to order from. Vendors without issues work for me or vendors who take care of problems fast & responsibly (Nobody is perfect and frit happens sometimes) but vendors who have issues like this one that you're objecting to being discussed here? Why should I take a chance on them? I work too hard for my money.

Not sure what your intent was in even posting... but it didn't score you a lot of brownie points. I'm all for peace on LE but I do need & appreciate the heads up when vendors have issues. This situation has dragged on for a long time. I understand the frustration and the heads up.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2009-06-05, 9:28am
Smooches!

Quote:

I also strongly disagree that "private email would have been kinder to us all." Reading threads like this has helped guide me about who to buy from and who to avoid, both among vendors and private sellers. I'll choose my own brand of kindness, thanks, but perhaps you should consider whether you'd be happier reading a more heavily moderated forum. Some of us would like to protect the openness here.
What she said ^.