Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-08-31, 10:20am
lov'in life!!!

Default Looking for a pretty lime or light green

Can anyone tell me what a good color would be to get a really pretty lime or light grass green? I don't seem to recall any color like that. I know I've seen it, just don't know what color it is. Maybe a WYSIWYG color?

TIA

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-08-31, 10:46am

A layer of NS-15 Turquesa topped with a layer of NS-09 yellow makes a nice lime color.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-08-31, 10:59am
lov'in life!!!

Ooooh, that sounds pretty Eric. I don't think I have any Turquesa though. Would another color work with the yellow? Yellow, I DO have.

Thanks .

Old 2006-09-01, 7:58am
ManBearPig

GA Chartreuse Crayon works well. A thick layer of Sublime over something white gives a nice green too.

Old 2006-09-01, 8:09am
boro color bender

Kryptonite or whatever that GA light transparent green is... looks good over white too.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-09-01, 9:24am
lov'in life!!!

Thanks Chad and Brent. I'll check those colors out. I have sublime and it doesn't do much on it's own. I'll try it over white today and see how it comes out. Might haver to order some Kryptonite though

Old 2006-09-01, 3:22pm
product of the universe

I like a medium saturation colbalt over yellow crayon or acid yellow.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2006-09-01, 10:49pm

As time goes on I really love sublime by itself. Give it another chance!
Old 2006-09-02, 4:26am
lov'in life!!!

Thanks for the tip Chris. I now have lots to try to get my green

Hi Genny. I have tried Sublime by itself, encased over white, encased over other colors and it's one color I'm just not impressed with. It's so subtle, that it's barely there. I am assuming it's a wysiwyg color and doesn't strike. I won't give up yet. thanks

Old 2006-09-03, 4:39pm
"....Oh Honey!"

I have Emeral Light and True Green in my stash that work well. I think they are GA, possibly a couple years old. I did find Paris Green on their site, which is similar.

You may also want to check out Momka's Envy Green. It develops blue whisps, but it's a great color.

dvd now available

Old 2006-09-04, 5:18am
lov'in life!!!

Hi Lauri. Ooooh, Momka's Envy sounds divine...might have to check that one out.

Thanks

Old 2006-09-07, 8:35pm

Have you tried Clover Chameleon?
Old 2006-09-12, 5:46am
ManBearPig

Clover Chameleon cracks pretty bad. I made three marbles with it, and all three of them cracked.

You may want to try some Twilight. Here is a pendant I made with Twilight.
Attached Images