Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-12-16, 3:16pm

Ross if I had a phone I would call you...I use the computer at the library and have sent you numerous emails. Please see that the situation is taken care of, I really don't want to issue a dispute thru Pay Pal but I do expect this situation to rectified. I would certainly call you but I have sent you everything you need ...copied all the Pay Pal info, the tracking number from the shipping copies of my emails and yours. I can not be out charges from a pay phone as well.

I have not complained, I have simply asked a question, but at this point I'm to believe you really do not want to settle this or you would take the info I have sent you and clear up the problem.

Please handle this, thank you.
Old 2008-12-16, 3:36pm

I personally LOVE ABR, and I order from them all the time. I find them to be prompt and professional. They have an awesome inventory, and well, they are just great guys! From my experiences, I would highly recommend them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forgive everyone of everything, instantly
Old 2008-12-16, 5:50pm

Quote:
cutting fee is posted on our terms page

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you for adding it - I did look over the whole site searching before I emailed you about it on the order I placed.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-12-16, 7:29pm
Critter Mom

I've only placed orders with ABR two or three times and each time I've had some sort of problem...usually items out of stock. The problem is that it seems to take them quite a while to notify me and when they do they don't offer to back-order, they just send me an email telling me to reorder at a later date. I reorder, just with another vendor. And, when I've responded to an email for a sale it's really frustrating to find that most of the items (usually colors) I'm ordering are out of stock...and if I re-order them later I wont be getting the sale price. I'd like to support them with my business, but I just don't have the time to deal with all the re-ordering...I'd rather just place an order with a company that will send me my order when they get it in if the item is back-ordered.

Old 2008-12-17, 5:54am

thanks we all here appriciate your post!!!!! As well as your business!!!!
Old 2008-12-17, 6:30am
Gimme that silver glass!

I had my first overseas order with ABR a while ago (catching the last bits of original ASK Silver Cinnamon). It arrived (after the customs checked my package and charged me) safe & sound within 4 weeks. The delay was from the customs.

I ordered again now, curled ivory, tools and some other glass. I expect it to arrive "soon" and without problems

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-12-17, 6:54am

Quote:
Ross if I had a phone I would call you...I use the computer at the library and have sent you numerous emails. Please see that the situation is taken care of, I really don't want to issue a dispute thru Pay Pal but I do expect this situation to rectified. I would certainly call you but I have sent you everything you need ...copied all the Pay Pal info, the tracking number from the shipping copies of my emails and yours. I can not be out charges from a pay phone as well.

I have not complained, I have simply asked a question, but at this point I'm to believe you really do not want to settle this or you would take the info I have sent you and clear up the problem.

Please handle this, thank you.
you sent it today and it was refunded today!!!

thanks!!!!

ross
Old 2008-12-17, 6:57am

Quote:
arguing for the sake of arguing is not the point here ....

if you want something fixed then call

if you just want to complain again and agian then take this to the bathroom thread!
Not "arguing for the sake of arguing".
Tried to get my issue fixed via email, YOU considered it "fixed" by telling ME you'd replace my glass on a "future order". There won't be one. End of story for me. I DON'T DO PHONES.

I'm not "complaining again & again"--this is the FIRST TIME I've *ever* posted MY experience with YOUR company on ANY forum--I've held my voice for several months--spoken to folks in person, found I'm NOT the only one with similar experience though!
I'm "known enough" that you *won't* easily discredit *me* by saying "take it to the bathroom" (nor will I accidentally post anything resembling a personal attack that will get the thread flushed--I know how the forum works
)
I'm *very choosy* about who I spend my *very limited* spending money with--I'm probably choosier than most due to my profession--I demand the BEST from my staff & they *know* it.

~luna

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-12-17, 6:58am

Quote:
I've only placed orders with ABR two or three times and each time I've had some sort of problem...usually items out of stock. The problem is that it seems to take them quite a while to notify me and when they do they don't offer to back-order, they just send me an email telling me to reorder at a later date. I reorder, just with another vendor. And, when I've responded to an email for a sale it's really frustrating to find that most of the items (usually colors) I'm ordering are out of stock...and if I re-order them later I wont be getting the sale price. I'd like to support them with my business, but I just don't have the time to deal with all the re-ordering...I'd rather just place an order with a company that will send me my order when they get it in if the item is back-ordered.
that is wierd

are you sure you speak of us?? we do have a full back order system!!!!!! and have had it for at least 5 years!!! if you let your items go on back order we do also keep the sale pricing!!!!!!! we also carry a huge stock

i think that you have us mixed up with some one else!!!!!
Old 2008-12-17, 7:19am

Quote:
Tried to get my issue fixed via email, YOU considered it "fixed" by telling ME you'd replace my glass on a "future order". There won't be one. End of story for me. I DON'T DO PHONES.

I'm not "complaining again & again"--this is the FIRST TIME I've *ever* posted MY experience with YOUR company on ANY forum--I've held my voice for several months--spoken to folks in person, found I'm NOT the only one with similar experience though!
I'm "known enough" that you *won't* easily discredit *me* by saying "take it to the bathroom" (nor will I accidentally post anything resembling a personal attack that will get the thread flushed--I know how the forum works
)
I'm *very choosy* about who I spend my *very limited* spending money with--I'm probably choosier than most due to my profession--I demand the BEST from my staff & they *know* it.

~luna

seems like you are arguing for the sake of arguing when you wont accept a resolve

i mean your order was for less than $60 and you only have ordered from us one time!!! so i think that you should reconsider but since you wont .... that is why i think you are continuing to argue for the sake of it!!!

if you wanted to have any thing fixed you would call me but you dont do phones

well thats ok but i am sure that if you did a phone you would get a better resolve to this situation

you still have not told us what is wrong with your $60 order
a broken rod?
you are right you could file a ups claim if you like, however since it is such a small claim and a huge waste of time to file you nor i decided to take the time to do this as it would be easier for us to take the blow and we could just make it up to you when you reorder but since you wont accept that as a fix to a very minor issue i stand to conclude you are arguing for the sake of arguing!!!!

just as you are choosey who you spend your money with we are as choosey with who we deal with !!! so at this point we would recommend that you find another supplier! We expect a fair shake at fixing issues with our customers and when we are told that our terms and conditions are not acceptable we have no other alternative than to feel this way!
We have satisfied over 30,000+ customers some with likes and some with dislikes but at least they have let us help handle situations when they arise with reasonable out comes for both parties. As well it is odd you feel the way you do when we have been in business over 10 years! If everyone felt the way you do then we surley would not be here to respond in this manner. This is much different than retail store enviornment and we cannot guarentee that everyone calling us is not trying to get a free ride! Surley you can understand that as our customers, especially first time ones, are not standing at our business and we cannot make judgements based on personal feeling or expression. Thus our policies must stand to ensure that us and our repeat customers are protected. They are posted on our site if you would take time to read them before ordering i think that it would help!
Old 2008-12-17, 10:14am
Tinder Bloom Studio

Quote:

)

~luna
I find it ironic that you are all over ABR but when I posted an issue in the bathroom about a vendor(last year) I was having a problem with you jumped down my throat and told me I had no patience and to cut the vendor a break after it had been 2 weeks with no contact at all. Oh yeah and you told me to *CALL* which I had already done and left 2 messages...I believe the vendor was a friend of yours, or at least that's the impression I got. I bit of a double standard it seems!

Old 2008-12-17, 10:45am

that would make sense!
Old 2008-12-17, 10:49am

Kimberly I think it is
but I also think
works too.
Old 2008-12-17, 10:51am
Critter Mom

I am absolutely speaking of ABR Imagery. A few months ago I called because I got the usual email saying that I would need to re-order some items that were on sale. I asked your customer service person if I could just get the back-order sent later and he said I could but it would be at the regular price...he knew that I wasn't very happy. When I got the order there were other issues which were addressed via email with your company so I wont go into them here. No, I don't have you confused with any other vendor...sorry.

Quote:
that is wierd

are you sure you speak of us?? we do have a full back order system!!!!!! and have had it for at least 5 years!!! if you let your items go on back order we do also keep the sale pricing!!!!!!! we also carry a huge stock

i think that you have us mixed up with some one else!!!!!

Old 2008-12-17, 10:54am

Quote:
I find it ironic that you are all over ABR but when I posted an issue in the bathroom about a vendor(last year) I was having a problem with you jumped down my throat and told me I had no patience and to cut the vendor a break after it had been 2 weeks with no contact at all. Oh yeah and you told me to *CALL* which I had already done and left 2 messages...I believe the vendor was a friend of yours, or at least that's the impression I got. I bit of a double standard it seems!
I do find it interesting about vendor threads, or any number of other threads. Some people get told to get over it. Others receive sympathy, help with resolution, etc.

I have to say (not specifically to you) don't like having to call to discuss my issues. Plus if it gets to the point I'm unhappy I'd prefer have it in writing. My beef with unnamed vendor has been explained as me misunderstanding, or them trying to save me money. Um I don't think so, I know when I'm told you don't need this because of the torch you are using. (And we were talking a basic, not as basic as bead release, but close.) If it was in writing you better believe I would have kept it and produced it when later told I misunderstood.

But I respect a businesses right to prefer phone calls. I just think it is legit to discuss.

I too find the resolution with later purchases frustrating. But that's me. I am sure there are countless reasons for a company to choose that policy.
Old 2008-12-17, 11:07am

Quote:
I am absolutely speaking of ABR Imagery. A few months ago I called because I got the usual email saying that I would need to re-order some items that were on sale. I asked your customer service person if I could just get the back-order sent later and he said I could but it would be at the regular price...he knew that I wasn't very happy. When I got the order there were other issues which were addressed via email with your company so I wont go into them here. No, I don't have you confused with any other vendor...sorry.
please forward that email you speak of to me !
i would like to know which employee you were speaking to as that is not our policy!!!! do you know that persons name?

Old 2008-12-17, 11:15am
boro color bender

I think I've seen Ross run a sale that has said "Limited to stock on hand."

That might be the issue with a back order being regular price... not sure, just trying to help.

I love ABR. Have never had anything but great service and I'm truly shocked that anybody would be unhappy with their service. I've been there in person and I've seen how they treat people.

I'm not trying to discount or discredit anyones experience... it is what it is. I'm just surprised by it, that's all. I hope you'll take a deep breath and see if you can work it out. Seems like so little at stake monetarily... I hate to see bad feelings caused by less than the cost of a descent meal out. Know what I mean...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-12-17, 11:18am

Quote:
Thank you! I just added them to my favorites list.

No problem. I'm hoping it was ok to post for him. If not, I'll edit later today.

I found them because lampworkingsupplies was my other full time supplier. (Usually walk in, but sometimes I checked their site.)
I still type it in because I have less issues with typos, and habit. (Yes I'm slow.)
Old 2008-12-17, 11:22am
Critter Mom

Ross I was really hoping it was still in my "trash", but unfortunately my email trash is automatically cleared and it wasn't there (only had 3 items in my trash)...otherwise I would have forwarded it on to you. You sound sincere about wanting to provide good customer service and having been a business owner myself, I understand how things like this can happen...especially with new employees. I'd love to be able to order from ABR and feel confident that my order would be filled, even with back-orders. If it's okay with you, next time I get an email requesting that I re-order at a later date, or if I get a response from an employee telling me that I can "back-order" at the regular retail price I will ask for you personally. I don't like having problems with vendors, just like you don't like having problems with customers...I'm willing to do whatever I can to resolve these issues with your company so my experience as a customer will be satisfactory in the future.

Quote:
please forward that email you speak of to me !
i would like to know which employee you were speaking to as that is not our policy!!!! do you know that persons name?

Old 2008-12-17, 11:41am

thanks for being understanding and working with us

we look forward to your future business and hope we can better assist you in the future!!!

thanks
ross

call me direct on my cell if you must any time

812-322-2539

i do care!!!

Old 2008-12-17, 11:51am
Critter Mom

Thanks so much Ross. I'll hang onto your cell number and make sure I keep any emails or employee names so we can better deal with any of these issues in the future. Much appreciated Ross.

Old 2008-12-17, 11:56am

yes that is the only way that i can pinpoint any internal issues!!!

thanks for helping make us better!
ross

Old 2008-12-17, 12:30pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Quote:
you still have not told us what is wrong with your $60 order
a broken rod?

[... snip ...]

just as you are choosey who you spend your money with we are as choosey with who we deal with !!! so at this point we would recommend that you find another supplier!
Ummmm.... wow.

--
--
--

Old 2008-12-17, 1:05pm

i hope rose that you would fully understand this situation before being so awed, this is not the attitude we take with out regular customers

I spend 12 hours + each day trying to make people happy when you are told it is not good enough even when you offer the farm what is left to do?

I believe that we as vendors should have rights as well.

Old 2008-12-17, 1:19pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Sure Ross, I see your frustration. On the other hand, if I were to order from any vendor and have a problem, I would need to handle it by email. First, I'm terrified of using the phone, second, the nature of my job prevents me from having large blocks of time available to make phone calls (thankfully... lol.). Vendors are typically not open when I'm not at work. (I work a lot, sigh...)

And sort of related, I had a problem with a different, but beloved vendor. I felt that I was treated like a criminal. Of course they never offered to make it right on a subsequent order, but if they had, there is an ice cube's chance in you know where that I would ever order a second time. If someone treats me really bad the first time, why would I go back for more abuse?

So, I guess I was just having a flashback moment....

--
--
--

Old 2008-12-17, 1:59pm

no problem i understand that

but look at the other side for a minute

we unfortunately receive calls weekly at least with folks who say they are missing items want replacements to tubing or rod simply scratched or minorly damaged etc
sometimes they are right or wrong but we need to know if they are serious claims or not !
if is a small order we usually don't mind replacing it on the next order, if you send us pictures and your entire order is damaged then we will claim it and reship.

however situations are handled case by case and first order customers with really tiny orders where reshipping costs more than the profit of the order does not make sense!
thus we will replace on the next order seems fair to me! we give a little and so do you Seems fair when it is generally ups who does the damage, i mean we are working with glass . We have spend over 10,000 in machinery to package our products as best as possible and we still have damages, do we file for every broken rod?

any way you look at it we do handle customer service as well as we can here !

if you like you can email me personally at

however it is impersonalable and a nice phone call would be appreciated , this is why we offer a 866-342-4764 toll free number!

I hope our service or passion at least shows with all these replys! If i were only spending this time makeing beads!!!!

Old 2008-12-17, 4:46pm
I love glass

I love ordering from ABR. They ship really fast and I get my order in a couple of days. One time they didn't have something in stock so they called me and asked if I still wanted it or if I would take a replacement item. They are one of my favorite vendors.

Old 2008-12-17, 6:08pm

Ok--you want it IN the thread?
(after all, it *should* be IN your emails--if you keep them for any length of time--I know I keep *all* of MY business oriented stuff for at *least* a year. I've GOT the originals)

1) My order, PROPERLY placed, was shipped to a mis-address. 1/2 addressed to my "business name", 1/2 to my work address. Ended up in the UPS mystery bin, because no one of that business exists at that address. When I *finally* figured out what the heck had happened, and forwarded the information to ABR, as an "FYI", I was promptly told "well, if you fill out your 'ship to' part of the order form properly, that won't happen again"...uh, yeah, well a) I DID & b) I ATTACHED THAT TO MY EMAIL--which, if you read it--you'd SEE that on the bottom of my email--I attached it, as "proof" & so that you could "research, resolve & retrain the shipping staff"--at that point I wasn't "complaining"---I was simply trying to let ABR know they had an "issue" that might need attention--I *know* as a retail manager, I *like* to catch those things AS they happen, & WELCOME nicely worded "heads-up" information--I sure as HELL don't immediately reply with "oh, you must have filled out your form wrong, here's how you do it right next time, it was your own fault your order got lost" back to the CUSTOMER (particularly without READING the entire email!!)

2) EVERY freakin' rod in my order was snapped in half, or shattered completely. Despite this, the ONLY thing I asked for replacement on was the pound of fat rods of clear I ordered to practice implosions (ironic that suddenly the amount of my order is known, but not what I *exactly* had problems with or what I asked for replaced?) The CAUSE of this was the "inflate by magic" (yes, I actually *do* know how the flat-film, inflate after packing works--I've worked for a book-shipping company that used it) foam was stiff as a board & not soft--and the fact that a half-length rod of FAT clear was packed dead center in the bundle & when the other SKINNY rods were PRESSED into it by the inflating foam, it was likely too much stress on them, & caused the shattering...
Because I don't mind working with shorts (heck, I buy enough of them--though generally I shop for them at BARGAIN prices--not "full price"!), I wasn't going to quibble over all the *colored* glass--I was particularly upset about the really FAT clear glass, as I had ordered that SPECIFICALLY to attempt doing implosions--and short, sharp-edged, bits of it really ISN'T going to do "nice, easy, practice pieces" for me.

Is it worth it to me to spend more money (plus more shipping....) for a "free" pound of clear? Nope. I wrote it off (the joy of being a SMALL business) & ordered a little bit of a slightly smaller diameter from JameyLynn to replace it.--if I was going to order more glass & pay shipping, I wanted it to be from a company that didn't automatically *assume* that because I had a problem on an order I was "automatically fraudulent"!

(I am so DONE with this thread now--the number of PM's I've been getting is totally hysterical though--the people who are afraid to post because they've been "been rude to" or "made to feel like they were wrong for having a problem with ABR" is INCREDIBLE! )

~luna
who has *also* worked for mail-order only companies as well (yeah, that book place I mentioned...we used to make decisions "up to $200 in favor of the customer if necessary"...I *do* know what I'm talking about--I'm not just an "in person" retail worker--and the retail stores I manage? They're not just "tiny" stores either!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies

Last edited by lunamoonshadow; 2008-12-17 at 6:12pm.
Old 2008-12-18, 6:04am

any pictures we can file a claim for you ! i am sure we did not purposefully send you broken rods.
did you send pictures in your emails?

Old 2008-12-18, 8:16am

No pictures--I offered them & you told me not to bother (so I didn't) because you "belived me", wouldn't be filing a claim & would "replace the clear, unusable glass on the next order" as "policy".
I actually respect "policy" (even if I don't AGREE with it)
What I *don't* respect is making out EVERY customer to be WRONG.
Implying they're wrong, treating them RUDELY (which is EXACTLY how I was treated--when I sent the "my glass went missing, here's why" email, my ORIGINAL order was attached underneath, with the PERFECTLY CORRECT shipping information--and yet, the response was "well, next time fill it out right"
, uh, maybe someone in SHIPPING should learn to READ & fill out the UPS information RIGHT. Duh.)
And then blabbing around forums that "first time order-placers are generally when people are fraudulent" (uh, they're NOT, they're generally trying out a new vendor) or that anyone who DOES have an issue is "rude" or some other such nonsense.
I know for a fact that I was anything BUT rude in my emails (and yes, I've still got them--every single one of them) to you. I was clear, concise & professional. I didn't ask for "full replacement" of the glass, I didn't ask for refunds, I simply sent the FIRST one to let you know you had issues with your shipping dept. that needed attention.
I GOT rude, "you did it wrong" responses.
When I sent the "my glass got wrecked, but I'll use 90% of it anyway" email I got the same type of response.
In all honesty, it would have been *CHEAPEST* (if you wanted to save shipping, since that seems to be a huge concern of yours
) to either offer a refund of the cost of the clear, or why the HECK not just issue a transferable gift certificate in the amount of the clear that was wrecked? Heck, I would have "secret santa" gifted it to someone who loved your company--they'd have been happy, it would have "gotten used on a future order" so ABR wouldnt' have been out money--ABR would have gotten a "future order" from SOMEONE out of the deal & instead of being pissed of several months later (yes, I know, it's been several months--but, when I've got a "you can have glass, but only if you order again" thing sitting in my email box, & I don't have MONEY to place orders, it kinda eats at me, you know??? Plus it's an UNRESOLVED CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUE--and in my job, I have to RESOLVE those within a week or less!)

Now, I really AM out of this thread. I'm not even sure why the heck I'm replying THIS time, except that I'm still getting PM's (and I want to re-assure all the "not frequent posters" that really, I'm not afraid of my "forum friends" hating me for saying that I'm *not* a fan of ABR -- I don't post to make my forum friends happy--I post what *I* know to be true!)

~luna