Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-11-15, 8:33am

Default help for a two holed bead ring

I am looking for a tutorial or help to wire wrap a glass fused two hole bead for a ring; the bead is flat rectangluar with the two holes runing across the flat part coming out the sides. This was a ring of a friend that broke, the wire part broke; and I am trying to help her redo it; as the artist that made it can not be found. The wrapping should not cover up any part of the bead face as to show off the complete flat rectangle face of the bead being it is dichroic. It would be better if there was a way to use at least three strands of wire on the ring portion but I can not firgure out how to do this without the wire going under the bead and I do not think that would look or feel right once on a finger and I also have the problem as with two holes the wire ends end up on the one side of the bead once strung through the holes, which make it so I can not figure how to combine the wire together to make it sturdier.
I have done only a small amount of wire wrapping with rings and can make a single hole bead wire wraped ring with the spiral on top of the ring and bead hole, so my experience is small for wire work. Any help would be greatly appreciated weather it be in the form of a complete tutorial or just a drawing for an idea for the directions of the wireing.
Any help to a finally piece I would post finsihed and complete direction here and give creit to those that helped with pictures!
Thanks
Pam
Old 2008-11-15, 8:42am

There is a video on Utube. I looked one up before curious on how they wrap the rings. Hope that helps.
Old 2008-11-15, 9:00am

vanityfaire:
Thank you for checking but I also have looked there utube all the wire wrapped rings are for single holed beads and the wire either wraps around the beads or spirals this bead is flat with two holes and the wire would make it too large if wrapped around the bead. The bead is flat tile like shape with the hole running side to side the lenght of the bead very much like the picture shown here below. She is wanting the ring without any wire wrapped around the bead itself on the sides of the bead.
Thanks
Pam
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-26, 11:50pm
Must Torch...

Take an eight inch piece of wire (or if the holes are big enough 2 pieces of wire) with the bead sitting in position on a ring mandrel take the left side of the wire thru the top hole and the right ride of the wire thru the bottom. Pull tight to snug up to the right size. Take the wires from the top hole and bend down 90 degrees and wire wrap tightly around all wires of the main band. go over to the other side and bend up the wires coming out of the bottom holes 90 degrees and wire wrap tightly around all wires of the main band. I usually wire wrap 2-3 times cut flush underneath on both wraps and if needed file smooth. If you were to use a longer piece of wire you could if wanted wire wrap the entire band. Hope this helps.-Kim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-27, 6:28am

Thank you for helping!!!!
Pam