Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-10-27, 10:10am

Is tanked Oxy not an option?
Old 2011-10-27, 11:45am
www.createdfromfire.com

I was thinking of the possibility of just having a small tank around when I do striking colors and using the 2 concentrators I will be getting most of the other time. The GTT guy says the scorpion goes thru 20 cubic feet of tanked oxygen per hour at full blast, under "normal" circumstances he said probably more in the range of half that. So a big oxy tank should last me around 17 hours I would assume. Depending on how the 2 oxy cons run will determine if I get the tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.com

GTT Sidewinder, two M15 oxycon's (center fire), tanked (outer fire), Glasshive kiln.
Old 2011-10-27, 12:32pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw69215 View Post
That awesome, my glasshive kiln is THE BOMB...think I might have sent you another customer, she'll probably be ordering one soon.
Thanks Bob, we appreciate it. You'll have to pop down the road and see where it was born

Pam (on Pams machine)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2011-10-27, 1:15pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Definately Pam. I get in afternoon on Friday the 4th, plan on cruising around and checking the town out. Anything I should do while there? Only have a limited time.

.com

GTT Sidewinder, two M15 oxycon's (center fire), tanked (outer fire), Glasshive kiln.
Old 2011-10-27, 2:34pm

Quote:
I was thinking of the possibility of just having a small tank around when I do striking colors and using the 2 concentrators I will be getting most of the other time. The GTT guy says the scorpion goes thru 20 cubic feet of tanked oxygen per hour at full blast, under "normal" circumstances he said probably more in the range of half that. So a big oxy tank should last me around 17 hours I would assume. Depending on how the 2 oxy cons run will determine if I get the tank.
Those estimates sound reasonable. Check out your local costs as well. I pay $20 a fill for my K tanks.
Old 2011-10-27, 2:44pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Quote:
Definately Pam. I get in afternoon on Friday the 4th, plan on cruising around and checking the town out. Anything I should do while there? Only have a limited time.
Really depends on your "likes". The beach at Seal Rock is very majestic. There are awesome places to eat in Yachats that should not be missed, The Drift Inn, Luna Sea Fish house, to name a couple.

Glass Alchemy is in Portland not far from the airport (5 min.), in case you need to do some shopping.

There is the most awesome rock shop in Yachats, Planet Yachets. The most high end I have ever been in. Turned plates, wine glasses and natural sculptures to die for.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2011-10-27, 3:33pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Fantastic, looks like I have Friday and Saturday dining figured out..thanks a bunch. I'll will for sure stop by glass alchemy.

.com

Old 2011-10-29, 9:30am
boro color bender

Saturday night we're going to Drift Inn as a group... all invited, but not mandatory.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-10-29, 10:23am
www.createdfromfire.com

Count me in....Can't wait to learn cool stuff..

.com

Old 2011-10-31, 2:18pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Just upgraded my torch, VERY EXCITED.....New GTT Sidewinder is on a ups truck headed to Ohio. Think it might work boro a bit faster then my cricket. Very very excited about going to Oregon now.

.com

Old 2011-10-31, 4:00pm

Quote:
Just upgraded my torch, VERY EXCITED.....New GTT Sidewinder is on a ups truck headed to Ohio. Think it might work boro a bit faster then my cricket. Very very excited about going to Oregon now.
I have heard only good things about this new design. Please let us know how it works out.
Old 2011-11-04, 2:01pm
Intermembrane Time Travel

soooo whats going on in oregon??? Eugene school having something? Also, not too far from glass alchemy is http://www.aquilaartglass.com/ I went in there one time to check the place out, I was thinking of trying to get some torch time in there before I got my studio up (LOL still working on that) but they seemed nice. Perhaps not a lot to do there for ya, but just another point. Do not forget Bullseye glass is out of portland too, and they have a gallery if I am not mistaken. It is downtownish.... Perhaps you already came and went though hah.
Old 2011-11-04, 4:48pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Taking an implosion class given by Brent Graber. The drive here was awesome, what beautiful scenery.

.com