No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2012-01-20, 7:28pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by donia View Post

Thanks Sue. I'm enjoying working them up with the two string method. I haven't been able to find any cord in colors other than what I've shown pics of like a natural, black, and brown. I ordered a pink, blue, red, and a pearl shimmer that I can't wait to see since I haven't seen it up for sale except when I bought it. We use natural leather dyes in our business and I've been questioning the hubby as to maybe playing with some of this cord and see what shades I can make.
Ohhhh, now that sounds cool to dye your own!! I've seen some but can't remember where for the life of me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-01-22, 8:01pm
N2Beadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassymom View Post
Donia,
I made buttons with shanks, with out shanks, with copper shanks........I LOVE to make buttons!!!! If you want something in peticular dont' hesitate to ask.....I'm always up for custom orders!!
sUE
Oh, I am so considering this one...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/84274472...ttt_id_5148318

Old 2012-01-22, 9:45pm
I'm not Barbie.

I've been wanting to make one of these forever and finally today I took some time off and made a triple wrap.
I used all faceted turquoise and one of my own buttons.

Old 2012-01-22, 11:17pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Ohhhh Donna, that is beautiful!! LOVE the color!!!

Donia, I like that one too! Love making hearts. Made one the other night but it got out of controll in my hands and I dropped it......sadly it had a water burial.

Old 2012-01-23, 5:00am
N2Beadz

Quote:
Donia, I like that one too! Love making hearts. Made one the other night but it got out of controll in my hands and I dropped it......sadly it had a water burial.
OH NO! Well I've slept on the idea of buying up some more lampworked buttons for these type bracelets. I'm heading to Etsy to snatch your heart up.

Donna, gorgeous bracelet and I love your button. I came across your posting in the jewelry show and tell thread late last night and didn't comment, sorry. I haven't worked up a longer one, but you've inspired me with this one. I'm also checking your Etsy for those buttons I came across last night. Off to spend some more money.

Old 2012-01-23, 7:05am
I'm not Barbie.

Thank-you ladies!
I haven't seen a wrap bracelet that I didn't like yet. They are super comfortable to wear (wore mine all night and didn't even know I had it on).

Oh, and THANK-YOU Donia!
Old 2012-01-23, 7:58am
Mr Brutus RIP

Thank you Donia Its headed out this am!!
Sue

Old 2012-01-23, 8:40am
N2Beadz

Well ladies I raided your shops for lampwork buttons and went a little over board as I do on everything. I guess I'll be keeping this thread going over the next few weeks if I keep posting pics of bracelet to come.

Here's a bracelet I worked up yesterday. The lampwork button was gifted to me by Dawn (Mustang Dawn) when I purchased her green crystal ladder bracelet she posted on this thread (post #60). I so enjoy wearing that bracelet and get comments as to how pretty it is. As always I keep business cards in my wallet to items purchased here to pass info on to others. So here's a BIG THANK YOU going out to Dawn because I love the results of this bracelet with her button (oh, and so not up for sale but surely a keeper for my own bracelet stash)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's two others I worked up yesterday...

Old 2012-01-23, 9:29am

I got a clothes catalog last week that had 2 of these triple wrap bracelets in it. They were 79 and 89 bucks! Thought you'd like to know.
Old 2012-01-23, 9:36am
Mr Brutus RIP

Donia, they are beautiful! Great buttons too!
Are the small beads lampwork? They are so shiny!!

Old 2012-01-23, 9:41am
Mr Brutus RIP

I finally have one to show. Made this for myself with my favorite color combo
Attached Images

Old 2012-01-23, 11:08am
I'm not Barbie.

Great new bracelets ladies! I want to make more too but not sure when I'll have time again. Maybe next weekend.
Old 2012-01-24, 8:50am
Your Royal Fritness

Donia those bracelets Rock! I love them all, I'm so happy you like your button

Glassymom I love those colors too!

I'm working on a seed bead one now along with a few other projects. You have all inspired me to finish them

Dawn

Old 2012-01-24, 5:28pm
N2Beadz

Quote:
Donia, they are beautiful! Great buttons too!
Are the small beads lampwork? They are so shiny!!
ThAnKs! The shiny beads are actually large size seedbeads. Four of them per inch. I love working with them because the holes are easy to pass through the S-Lon.

I love the bracelet you last posted. It's neat seeing how everyone puts their own spin on this craze. The location of your knots is different, especially with the button. It gives it a whole different look. I'll need to try that.

Old 2012-01-24, 6:24pm
Mr Brutus RIP

wow, seed beads huh......cool! They are so pretty!
Thank you!! I love the bright colors and the closure is my fave together. Now I just need to get the pic of the one my daughter snagged. LOL Its all transparent etched lampwork.

Thank you Dawn!

Old 2012-01-25, 5:39am
N2Beadz

[quote=glassymom;3872194] Now I just need to get the pic of the one my daughter snagged. LOL Its all transparent etched lampwork. [quote]

Your daugher snags your works and I have a mom whose been eyeing all these bracelets just waiting to take off with a couple. My son enjoys eye spying me at times while working them up, but that's his only interest.

Old 2012-01-25, 12:49pm
Mr Brutus RIP

LOL, yea......I make her stuff all the time but never see her wearing it after a day or two. This new bracelet she has been wearing for a while and when I talk to her I ask if she still has it on.......she says yes. SO, she must really like it to still be wearing it. LOL
I forget I have mine on......wear it 24 hours a day.

I think my mom would have really liked them too and probably worn them.

Old 2012-01-26, 10:29am
N2Beadz

I came across another tutorial that plays with the basics of this type bracelet...

http://honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-wrap-bracelet/

I few lampwork buttons I've been ordering from a few of you LE peeps have started gracing my mailbox. I may have to use one for this style.

Old 2012-01-26, 12:29pm
Your Royal Fritness

oh I like that! Thanks for the link

Old 2012-01-26, 12:35pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Awe, that one is cute! I like how they all look together! NOW, if I could remember where I put all that brass ball chain I bought for those fan pulls I never made LOL

Old 2012-01-26, 5:06pm

Gorgeous new additions lately! These are fun aren't they?

I love the ball chain in that link Donia! I have rolls of that stuff around here!

Here's a couple I made recently with my glass buttons. Also totally fun to make!
Turquoise, jasper and copper-

Picture japsper and what was supposed to be a starfish. I think I left out the fish part. lol
This one is staying home. I've got to get the other ones on my site soon.

Old 2012-01-26, 6:24pm
N2Beadz

Rebecca, OMGosh that starfish button is gorgeous!!! It has an organic look and beachy all in one. Excellent match in beads as well. The blue one is just as eye catching with that different look to the button.

Old 2012-01-29, 10:47am
Mr Brutus RIP

Oh Rebecca, I love them both, love the look of all the diff beads on the blue one and love the starfish one, looks so summery!!

Old 2012-01-29, 10:51am
I'm not Barbie.

Thanks for the link Donia1 I'm gonna have to make one.
Rebecca-love your 2 new bracelets!
Old 2012-01-30, 12:32am
Storm Queen

So I finally finished mine and it's seriously fugly. How many hours did I spend on that thing? Anyway, I've been dissecting the Chan-Luu wraps and one of the problems I have with mine is the button closure. They do that end completely different.

There's no wrap on the end either. Do you think the starter knot is hidden inside the first bead or how are they starting it? I really need to do two threads too instead of one because it just took forever. Help me figure this thing out...

Maybe there is no knot. Maybe it's one piece of thread through the first bead and that's where it's folded in half just like the leather.

Old 2012-01-30, 4:45am
N2Beadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
There's no wrap on the end either. Do you think the starter knot is hidden inside the first bead or how are they starting it? I really need to do two threads too instead of one because it just took forever. Help me figure this thing out...

Maybe there is no knot. Maybe it's one piece of thread through the first bead and that's where it's folded in half just like the leather.
I've played with different ways to start and end this bracelet each and everytime I make one. I haven't been knotting to begin my cord over the last two bracelets , not pictured yet, I started with the leather looped to fit the button. Upon starting my line of beads I doubled the cord, placed the loop under my leather cord, brought the ends through my looped cord. I begin this on the right side. Then take both strands through my first bead and under the left side of leather. One strand gets run back through the bead towards the right again. At this point I'm ready to start my wrapping clockwise around the leather twice and on the right and counter clockwise on the left. I bring my cord end up through the middle twice, add another bead by running both ends back through the bead from oppsite ends and ditto, ditto, ditto. Hope that helps.

You maybe able to see from this pick that I've started the bead row without a knot...

I finish off the bracelets different ways according to how the button fits since I'm using all sorts of different buttons.

Last edited by donia; 2012-01-30 at 4:50am.
Old 2012-01-30, 9:25am

Amy, after the first one I did where I used one string on a 4 wrap bracelet, I said screw this. It got tangled and caught on stuff and drove me nuts. I just knot the cords together and hide them inside a bead with a little glue. You can't see them and it saved whats left of my sanity. Plus on a long bracelet there's only maybe 2 knots to hide.
I wonder if the Chan Luu ones have glue in the first bead since there is no wrap. It does look like they use the 2 cord method. I haven't tried that yet.

Old 2012-01-30, 10:00am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by donia View Post
Upon starting my line of beads I doubled the cord, placed the loop under my leather cord, brought the ends through my looped cord. I begin this on the right side. Then take both strands through my first bead and under the left side of leather. One strand gets run back through the bead towards the right again..
Okay, I like that method. Jeez, I went to be thinking about this and dreamed about it all night.

Old 2012-01-30, 12:18pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Here's my latest wrap creation . . . . I have 3 more that I'm working on right now too. I have a problem

This one is triple layer, double wrap bracelet with just a metal button closure. I'd like to add some lampwork danglies as a charm too.

So, this one is a keeper for me even though I originally really wanted to sell it.
I went to Joann's to ask about fabric/thread/leather glue and the stooopid lady there recommended fabri-tac. Said it was great, dried clear and was good for leather. So, um, once it dried it looks like snot (NOT clear!) and I can just pick it off Oh well, guess I'll have to wear it

Old 2012-01-30, 12:24pm
Storm Queen

It's gorgeous Ginny!