LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2012-02-03, 6:46pm
Bad Cat Glass

Wow, Glassymom, thanks for the lovely compliment. The bead is not a button, just a regular big hole bead. I took a piece of copper and added two holes to it and laced the leather thru the holes to cover the bead hole. I can't make a button to save my life -- LOL!
Old 2012-02-05, 11:30am
Mr Brutus RIP

That was a great idea Francesca! Awe, give it a try, they are tough at first but addicting.... I LOVE making buttons and sometimes end up with bunches on my desk! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-02-05, 4:51pm

I love making these bracelets

Only one problem...when I was making this bracelet I guess I wasn't paying attention when I made the loop. I didn't have a big enough bead for the clasp. So I really thought I was going to have to take it apart. Then I had an idea...use 2 disk lampwork beads. One on each leather cord end....Problem solved

Old 2012-02-05, 6:35pm
Mr Brutus RIP

very pretty Kathy and what a great idea!!

Old 2012-02-06, 5:13am
Evil Glass Enabler

That's a GREAT way to use disk beads! Way to go! It looks very nice. Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2012-02-08, 4:26pm
N2Beadz

Stunning additions ladies!!! Kathy I really like the look of your double disk idea. They almost look like beach glass.

I've been fighting the crud going around and haven't felt much like doing anything creative. Here's one I finished and took pics of before feeling bad. I have another using a piece of a broken shell instead of a button but it's been too cloudy to take a pic. I've got a growing stash of newly aquired lampwork buttons to play with over the weekend if I'm feeling better. Keep the pics and inspiration going ladies!!!

Old 2012-02-09, 11:13am

Thank you so much for the tutorial, Hannah! I just saw one of these in a bead store the other day, and decided I HAD to make one. Your tutorial was just what I needed.

Amy

Old 2012-02-09, 12:15pm
N2Beadz

Amy, your bracelet is gorgeous!!! Your disk bead as the closure works so well with this type bracelet.

Old 2012-02-09, 12:42pm

Thank you!

Amy

Old 2012-02-09, 1:38pm
N2Beadz

Just finished getting pics of this last one. The piece of curly conch shell for the closure was picked up during a shell hunt on Sanibel Island last fall. It was such a unique form and had beautiful coloring I just couldn't leave it behind. This one's my first triple wrap and a keeper as well.

Last edited by donia; 2012-02-09 at 1:40pm.
Old 2012-02-09, 2:37pm

I LOVE it Donia !!!

Old 2012-02-09, 2:59pm
Your Royal Fritness

LE really needs a LIKE button!!! I love them all

Old 2012-02-10, 9:26am
Bad Cat Glass

Really enjoying all of the bracelets here. Donia, I love the shell closure. What a great idea. I've been making these for all my nieces who think they are just so cool. Thanks again to Hannah for the directions.

Old 2012-02-11, 11:59pm
Tacki

SO many pretties in here! I love seeing everyone's take on it.

This one took me FOREVER to make. It's all watermelon tourmaline. The small round beads are smaller than the seed beads I used on my first bracelet. They're so freakin' small, and the holes were ridiculously small. I intended on it being a 3 wrap, but by the time I finished these two wraps, the cord was so frayed and destroyed on the ends from the small holes that I gave up and just made it a 2 wrap.

Old 2012-02-14, 5:05pm
N2Beadz

Francesca, that is eye catching! Your closure is just too cute.
Traci, thoughs are gorgeous!!!

Here's my latest attempt at a triple wrap. Don't laugh! I've been sick and on meds but wanted to pass the time doing something. So my triple wrap ended up too long and too short for a quad wrap. So I think I'm switching it up to a necklace. Actually I like it as a necklace. It's comfortable and showcases that pretty button rather well. I have another similiar button and more lampwork bit beads like these so I'll use thoughs on another attempt at a wrap. The lampwork buttons I purchase on Etsy from NomadCraftsEtc and they are BeAuTiFuL!!! Wish I could find some more of these lampwork beads I used with the cording. They came from The Bead Shop in Nags Head, NC which during my last trip there it was up for sale. The cashier mentioned the owner purchased these at the last Bead & Button Show. They come on a stretchy cord and all fit together really well like interlinking. Anyone here familiar with them?

Last edited by donia; 2012-02-18 at 1:06pm.
Old 2012-02-14, 5:49pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Amy, Beautiful and I love the colors!
Love the Shell closing Donia! And this necklace one....YUM! Funny, I made my first with the link you posted for the brass ball chain, and of course it was too long for 2 and too short for 3........my daughter LOVEs it as a necklace tho! LOL

Franchesca, what a pretty bracelet! I love how you are using the disks!
Traci, what a bunch of pretty beads......LOVE them! Love your bracelet and button!!
Sue

Old 2012-02-15, 7:26pm
Bad Cat Glass

Wow, more great stuff here. Love the necklace, Donia, and I think it looks "right" that way. Thanks for the compliments on my disks. I'm sure I'm not the first to "discover" copper green and Z-99 together, but I love the way it looks.
Old 2012-02-27, 11:20am
Sorry for party rockin'

I'm still addicted!

This was for my Sister's birthday . . . . dark brown leather, stone beads, tiny round glass beads and a lampwork button

Old 2012-02-27, 11:44am

Ginny that is beautiful!

Amy

Old 2012-02-27, 12:41pm
StudioMarcy

That's gorgeous, Ginny. She's one lucky sister!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2012-02-27, 1:39pm
Growing Edge Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyHampton View Post
I'm still addicted!

This was for my Sister's birthday . . . . dark brown leather, stone beads, tiny round glass beads and a lampwork button

LOVE!!!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2012-02-27, 1:47pm
Your Royal Fritness

Love, love, love!!

Old 2012-02-27, 2:57pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I've just finished my second one of these with 6/0 seed beads and I am quite in love . I will try to get some pics.

I do have one question - I have been using Guterman Upholstery Thread - it doesn't tangle and I love it, but I was wondering if it was strong enough for the long haul. Any input?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2012-02-28, 6:12am
N2Beadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
I've just finished my second one of these with 6/0 seed beads and I am quite in love . I will try to get some pics.

I do have one question - I have been using Guterman Upholstery Thread - it doesn't tangle and I love it, but I was wondering if it was strong enough for the long haul. Any input?
I use the Coats and Clark upholstery thread in all my bead crocheting with no problem. I've thought about using it myself for colors I don't yet have in the C-lon cord I'm currently using.

Ginny, OMGosh your bracelet is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Old 2012-02-28, 7:57am
Sparkle Strumpet

Very kind of you to share....you gave me an idea for my grandsons...and the boys are hard to make jewelry for....thanks!!

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
Old 2012-02-28, 10:09am
Sorry for party rockin'

Thank you for the compliments everyone
These are so fun to make . . . . now I'm addicted to making glass buttons too.

Donia, I love your bracelet as a necklace too. The glass button in front is a beautiful centerpiece!

About thread, I use s-lon size D, it's a thinner thread and not as thick as c-lon.
It doesn't get tangled at all, but I do run it over bees wax before I use, maybe that helps.

Old 2012-03-05, 9:58pm
Duchess of Dichro

I made this one using a length of chain,with a vintage button. Chain is fun to work with
Attached Images

Old 2012-03-05, 10:07pm
Mr Brutus RIP

oh leslie, that is way cool!!! I haven't done any lately......I keep checking in here to see what everyone is doing

Old 2012-03-06, 12:33am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyHampton View Post
I'm still addicted!

Gorgeous!

Ebay:
Old 2012-03-06, 5:34am
N2Beadz

Leslie that is such a stunning twist to this style bracelet. I love it!!!