Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-03-07, 10:16am
Run Free Sweet Boy

wow.. such lovelies being posted... love them

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2012-03-07, 12:41pm

Nice work everyone.
Just a marble from me
1.8"

Old 2012-03-07, 6:46pm

Beautiful work everyone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-08, 2:29pm

Great work everyone. I've still been playing the tubing implosions lately.

Old 2012-03-08, 2:32pm

Happy birthday Muse.
Old 2012-03-08, 11:05pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Been a while since I got to play with Boro
Feels like I'm home again!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2012-03-09, 8:30am

The glass chain is a challenge I have always wanted to do, maybe I will do that this weekend as I am still waiting for a part for my kiln and I should be able to do that with a fiber blanket and anneal later.

Old 2012-03-09, 8:36am

Thanks Gary! And thanks for putting your pics in alignment. I really like that 3rd pendant!
Nita those little jars are so cool!

Old 2012-03-09, 11:04am
Catchen' the Sun

Amazing isn't it when you find the right form of expression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitadee View Post
Been a while since I got to play with Boro
Feels like I'm home again!

SRA # K36 Catchen' the Sun Glass Art

Old 2012-03-12, 9:10pm

Here's a cheesy smiley face my son asked for.

My photo cube should come tomorrow or Wednesday. I can't wait. I have a few things I hope will be easier to photograph in the sunshine tomorrow.
Old 2012-03-13, 9:35am
Catchen' the Sun

how cute I love it.

Old 2012-03-13, 4:12pm
THE PEN IS BLUE!!!

Lovely work everyone!

I have been very inspired by the flowers and warm weather.
So a new direction for me...
Big Bold Blooms

Old 2012-03-13, 11:35pm

Any suggestions on getting planets in these?

Old 2012-03-14, 8:11am

Nice pendants Brat.
I wish I could help Rose. I've wondered about the mysteries of the universe myself.

Here's the first implosion I've don't with only cadmium colors. I only had a few boils...

... but it was a small bubble of trapped air from the backing that cracked it.
Old 2012-03-15, 7:09pm
Catchen' the Sun

Very nice Gary. I like it.
just a marble from me today. the flower is cobolt over pink and the leaves are ns exper green layered with who knows what cause the stringer was green and this is what came out. probably has a stripe of black and some yellow of some kind.

Name:  sharyl_king_Indelible_entry_2012 011.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  sharyl_king_Indelible_entry_2012 012.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  62.0 KB

Old 2012-03-17, 8:16am

Cool marble. I have the same problem with grabbing something thinking (or hoping) it's one thing, just to find out it wasn't.
Old 2012-03-17, 9:41pm

Thanks all for the sweet compliments
March Marble Madness is upon me lol!
Actually my hands have really been bothering me, so I haven't torched too much lately.
I did however get a couple of marbles done I was happy with.
The on you can't see inside too clearly has Teal Sparkle in there...it's pretty in the day light honest!

Old 2012-03-18, 1:53pm

Nice marbles Nita. I noticed your spirals travel in opposite directions. My few attempts all went in the same direction. I never though about the direction of the spiral until now. Did either seem to be easier to produce? Just curious. Also, are you going to enter either in the exchange? Either one would be a nice addition.
Old 2012-03-18, 3:16pm

I agree with Gary they would be great for the vortex marble exchange in the 'marble' room.

Old 2012-03-18, 8:45pm

Thank you Gary and Deb! I didn't have a clue about the vortex exchange until you mentioned it As I said...there's a marble room? lol!

As far as direction Gary, it's really my hands that tell me which direction to go. Depends on the pain level that day, one way is harder on my hands than the other.
Does that make sense? Maybe it just depends on if it's easier to turn with my right hand that day, or if my right hand is hurting, then turning with my left.

Old 2012-03-18, 9:09pm

come a long way on these...now if I could just get off the hearts n roses kick and do something else lol

Old 2012-03-18, 9:25pm

Why stop? you are on a roll and a good one too.

Old 2012-03-18, 9:29pm

Sorry to hear hear your hands are acting up Nita. I doesn't show in your work. Nice and clean, as usual. I like the vessel and pendants on your other post also.

That's a nice rose, Rose. Good job on the picture too. It shows the nice even sheen well.
Old 2012-03-18, 9:37pm

not stop...I just dont wanna...get stuck and limit myself on just these. Not that you can tell from etsy shop heart hearts and more hearts lol

Old 2012-03-19, 3:29am
Catchen' the Sun

Rose that is beautiful. I love flowers still working on them.
Great marble Nita. I hope your hands feel better soon.

Old 2012-03-19, 10:29am

Thanks on the comments not only on my marbles, but my hands. They are what they are. Somedays they work pretty well, others not so much. Hopefully this will pass by summer time!
Here is just one more vortex I was able to finish before I ran out of go-juice.
Wish I could get those inside colors to pop better. Making marbles this size is a challenge on a minor with only one oxycon, but I doooooo eeet

Old 2012-03-19, 11:03am
Pyromaniac

Love the way you did the back on that marble. It's very painterly =)

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2012-03-19, 12:03pm

Thanks Chris....I think? Just good old "cooked" Irrid and clear dots, twisted here and there. I know...it's a shame isn't it what I can do (or not do) to boro?
Hugs

Old 2012-03-19, 1:04pm

What size are the marbles Nita?

Here's a couple of pendants from me.

Old 2012-03-19, 1:36pm

I don't know Gary About this big I guess