Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-06-03, 11:42am

Default Messy RESTOCK just arrived-Frantz Art Glass!!

Hi everyone

We just received a shipment from Messy Color and have restocked the following glass fav's. No limits!! Buy as much as you like
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

511229 Clockwork
511241 Creamsicle
511449 Kryptonite
511476 Olive
511609 Berry Mist
511618 Simply Berry
511652 Count von Count (an oldie that has returned!)
511820 HADES!!

and MORE....these colors above were being limited or had sold out.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks everyone-have an extra special day

Your friends at Frantz Art Glass

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2014-06-03 at 12:48pm.
Old 2014-06-03, 2:46pm

Cool. How was Murano???

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2014-06-03, 2:56pm

I can't find berry mist...link please
Old 2014-06-03, 3:07pm

Default Muranoman

Quote:
Cool. How was Murano???
We returned Friday and on Saturday I was ok, but on Sunday I felt like a zombie from Jet lag.

It was a short trip, but a very fun trip and I spent many days exploring glass magazines at Effetre.

I brought back samples of many colors to test and then decide if I want those colors or not.

I found some very cool rods and there was two piles, maybe 1,000 to 2,000 pounds of small quantities of some of the COOL COLORS from many years ago, plus some colors that I can not remember ever seeing.

While I was at Effetre they were producing Super Clear 591006 out of a new crucible and the quality was great, so I ordered 2,200 pounds in 5-6mm.

Every time I am at Effetre I always look into two magazines where they put the ends of the pulls of millefiori, but never thought that it had much use as beadmaking rods. Then last year I took a few millefiori cane that might have two or three colors inside the design and used it for making a bead and I ended up with some delicious beads.

This trip I got into the magazine and started selecting millefiori cane. My goal was around 2,000 pounds, but the work was hard and by the time it was time to start getting packed to go home I had only reached 3 or 4 hundred pounds. I selected many cane that had 591254 and we were able to use a torch at Effetre and the results were great.

This is just a little of what I found, all of it will probably leave Effetre around the middle of June and arrive around the end of August or early September.

Once the jet lag wears off, I will tell you more about my trip and all the great artists I got to visit with and enjoy great meals with.

This was my first trip i over 4 years to Murano, and it was a blast and I hope to go back again soon.

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-06-03, 7:26pm
Don't worry, bead happy!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Looking forward to hearing even more and seeing your "haul" in a couple months.

Old 2014-06-11, 11:45am

Default glass, glass, glass and more glass

Though I swore off any more airfreights from Effetre (.25 per pound sea and $3.00 per pound by air), after the first tests of the millefiori cane looked so good, I just had to airfreight my selected millefiori to me.

Even though we have not sold any millefiori cane yet, I am worried that I will run out. It is easy to order glass rods via the email, but to get more of this great cane, it is a job that needs to be done by me. Not all cane is the same. Some cane is made of colors that do not combine well. Other cane may be too big of a diameter. It is Zen Selecting and nobody knows exactly what I want but me. I am sure that when we are finished testing the 40 different millefiori cane, I will have a better idea of which color combinations work the best.

I found that the cane with pinks or fuscia and white and clear mix together to form a really nice colored bead.

And while Millefiori retails for around $60 per pound, this new cane will sell for half that amount.

There is nothing at all wrong with this glass. As they pull each pattern they come to the end of the pull where the diameter changes and these end pieces can not be sold in full length, and the machines that cut millefiori are set for a certain diameter and the various diameters would make machine cutting not possible. So Effetre has good millefiori, but it is the end pulls that is like a goldmine of color and I have found a new purpose for this product and we hope to go back and select more in the future and have it as a standard product for sale.

Not only do these rods make great glass beads, you can always nip off a slice of cane for your beadwork.

While in Italy I visited Vetrofond , while they have stopped producing colored glass rods, they are making clear. I tested both the new 006 from Effetre and the new 005 from Vetrofond and they both are great.

I do expect to have some of the Vetrofond clear later this year once Vetrofond is ready to ship to me.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-06-11, 2:42pm
Fried Cat

YAY! Glad to see the every-day-production colors have been restocked.

This makes me happy. I wish we could see more updates of production colors than one-off odds.
Old 2014-06-14, 4:20pm
Knob Creek Glass

Yeah, again.