No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-03-25, 4:46am
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default which sells the best for you

when selling focals, which necklace do you sell the most of to go with the pendant, steel cable, multistrand with ribbon, or just multistrand, or single leather, etc.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-03-25, 5:31am
Life is change. Love it

I only ever use silver chains and findings with all my jewelry now. When I first started I used some of the multistrand cable necklaces.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-03-25, 6:45am
Glass Adventuress

Default Silver only

Silver only for me too. Chains of one sort or another.....
Old 2010-03-25, 7:48am

I have a sterling silver chain collection for people to choose. I have samples of each design. I have a rope in 16", snake in 18" and two other designs in 20 and 22". This way I have 4 chains for people to try on for size and design. Then someone tells me what size they like best and what design chain looks best with the pendant they have chosen. They usually choose the 1.2mm snake chains in different lengths. They sell 3 snakes for every one necklace of the other designs. I would start with assorted snakes in different lenghts.

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2010-03-25, 3:57pm
Mad about Glass

Sterling silver also- I have chains in 3 lengths. I do have some lovely leather with sterling silver clasps for cored large-hole beads that is also quite popular.

[url]

Old 2010-03-27, 12:08pm
bug freak -> glass freak

sterling chain takes the cake, followed by those steel multistrand necklaces (they're a nice option, due to lower cost).

I was surprised by how few ribbon/ fiber/ leather cords I sold when I offered them at shows. I was hoping to have the option of a really low cost for stringing, and I thought not everyone wanted a silver chain... but they all want chains... so I stopped offering those entirely.

Check out my website!

Old 2010-03-27, 2:58pm

It depends on your customers. I couldn't sell a chain for my life at a show, lol.

I sell ribbon+ cord necklaces, and lots of chinese knotted cords, from fancy ones to really simple ones.