Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2012-03-06, 9:22pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dana View Post
I made this one using a length of chain,with a vintage button. Chain is fun to work with
I LOVE this!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-03-07, 12:35am
Duchess of Dichro

Thanks Everyone I look at things now and wonder if they can be a ladder bracelet

Ginny, try some chain it goes so fast.

Old 2012-03-08, 9:30am
Still makin' flowers...

Oh, my. I'm really behind on checking into this thread. I am so very sorry.

The new styles are just fantastic! I love the way that this bracelet is evolving!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2012-03-08, 6:35pm

Just finished this one. I'm happy with how it turned out!
Attached Images

Old 2012-03-09, 6:39am
N2Beadz

Wowglass, OMGosh your bracelet is gorgeous!!! The flower button with the bees added is stunning!!!

Old 2012-03-09, 7:39am

Thank you! I have been doing this for three years now and feel like I am just now producing something other than crap

I have to thank an elderly aunt for the inspiration for this one. She wanted something black and yellow for a friend who likes those colors. I think black and yellow are great for schools and sports teams but they never jump into my mind for making jewelery so I had to think up something.
I just love everyone's interpretation of these! Donia your's are stunning and I'm trying to get my mind around GInny's multiple strand ones.
Old 2012-03-09, 8:39am
Evil Glass Enabler

I was very impressed with your bracelet too, Wowglass. It reminds me of the scene in Winnie the Pooh where the hive is full of "hunny" and bees. Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2012-03-13, 4:08pm
Sorry for party rockin'

I love the happy bumblebee bracelet

I've had a crush on Donia's bracelet/necklace so I made one too.
This one is made with pearly white leather, some faceted stones and a lampwork button.

Old 2012-03-14, 5:16pm
N2Beadz

Oh Ginny I love it!!! It has a very beachy look to it. That button is gorgeous!!!

I've been asked about mine a few times while out and about wearing it as a necklace. I guess wearing it as a necklace just doesn't occur to most. Maybe we'll start new trend.

Old 2012-03-14, 5:28pm
Cat Winx

Quote:
Originally Posted by donia View Post
Leslie that is such a stunning twist to this style bracelet. I love it!!!
Me three!

~Rachel

Old 2012-03-14, 5:32pm
Cat Winx

Cool

Wowglass and Ginny.. two more absolute home runs.. now youse are all going to get me hooked on these!
They're pure fabulosity!

~Rachel

Old 2012-03-15, 10:48am
Duchess of Dichro

Kudos on that fabulous necklace Ginny!!!

Old 2012-03-15, 10:55am

Love it, Ginny! So light and fresh for spring.
Old 2012-03-15, 12:52pm
Loving learning

I'm hoping to try one of these once I make something with a large enough hole to use for the closure, but I have a question.
Why do we need so much of the leather? Is that only if we're making something to wrap several times? I just can't get my head around that part, sorry.
Old 2012-03-16, 4:24pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:

I've been asked about mine a few times while out and about wearing it as a necklace. I guess wearing it as a necklace just doesn't occur to most. Maybe we'll start new trend.

I think we should!!!
We could start a frenzy on handmade lampwork buttons

Thank you for the compliments everyone! These are so fun to make, I'm afraid I'll go broke buying leather

Old 2012-03-16, 5:06pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Eileen, yes to your question. I use the two yards and that makes at least a four wrap, using seed beads. I used a larger bead and got three wraps. I am using mostly antique buttons for my closures.
Old 2012-03-16, 8:24pm
Loving learning

Thank you Pat. I'll try it with a smaller piece, and if I run out I'll know to use more when I redo it!
Old 2012-03-17, 1:25pm
Uh Oh....

I was trying my hardest not to make a bracelet but I keep coming back to this thread and looking at all the great eye candy. Every bracelet is different and so fun looking that I finally broke down and made one myself. Here's my first attempt:

Needless to say, I'll be making more. I just have to remember to make bigger holes in my shank buttons to fit the leather.

Thanks so much Hannah for the instructions!!

Old 2012-03-17, 1:40pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Susan, that is so pretty!! I love, love the button.
Old 2012-03-17, 2:20pm
Uh Oh....

Thanks Pat!! These are really addicting. I have to make more buttons tonight as I already have the supplies out to make another one.

Old 2012-03-17, 3:01pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I have done about 10 with the long wraps. My daughter took over two and the rest I need to list. I am addicted too!! Ready to start a new one tonight. I have been doing two at a time so I don't get so bored with so much to stitch.
Old 2012-04-07, 4:04pm
N2Beadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewkittie View Post
BeAuTiFuL bracelet Sue!!! I followed your link at the botton of your post. You have been a busy little beader with these bracelets and the buttons for them. I love your buttons!!!

Old 2012-04-07, 4:53pm
Uh Oh....

Thanks Donia!! I knew if I made one I'd want to make a bunch of them. And I really like making buttons. It's a great way to use them.

Old 2012-05-14, 10:40am
N2Beadz

Time to bring this thead back into action. I see so many of you still making these trendy styled bracelets and placing them up for sale. Post some pics here as well. I can't believe how we all have changed this style up so many different ways. Please share. I made four this weekend and needed to take pics of a few more I've had waiting. So I'll be posting some pics as I have time.

Bec with Three Muses Glass here on LE made this button inspired by my antique glass button used in a bracelet on post #131 of this thread. When she sent me a pic I just had to purchase it from her. It took a while but I was finally inspired by some beads that matched it perfect. Here's the result...

Here's another one I made using a button from Bec. I've tried several times to take a pic of this bracelet over the last few weeks. Each time I get reflections of everything around me, inclucing me holding the camera. I usually don't have these problems. I'm blaming it on Bec's o so clear use of her lampworking skills, LOL.

Last edited by donia; 2012-05-14 at 12:22pm.
Old 2012-05-14, 12:31pm
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Bec with Three Muses Glass here on LE made this button inspired by my antique glass button used in a bracelet on post #131 of this thread. When she sent me a pic I just had to purchase it from her. It took a while but I was finally inspired by some beads that matched it perfect. Here's the result...

OMG! That's gorgeous. The button, the bracelet, everything!
I see now that I've really managed to neglect this thread. I'm in the middle of an order so will drop by later this evening to comment on everyone's lovely work.

Thanks for bringing this thread back up, Donia!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2012-05-14, 1:28pm
N2Beadz

ThAnK YoU Hannah for the very thoughtful comment. Yes, I just had to bring this thread back to life since I've been working up some new goodies. Again, all the ThAnKs goes your way for taking the time to start this thread and get our wheels turning in the right directions.

Here's another I made this weekend using lampwork disc beads made by Val Lewis with Over the Moon here on LE. I used the same closer idea that Kathy (Katinn here on LE) used in her post #213 on this thread. ThAnK YoU so much Kathy for posting the pic. I had this bracelet made up for another type closer that just didn't do it for me. I was away from home while making it. I set it aside knowing I'd seen a pic using the two disc beads and I was praying they were as close in color as I remember them. After seeing the pic here and going through my stash for the disc beads it all came together as this...

Last edited by donia; 2018-06-10 at 6:05pm.
Old 2012-05-14, 2:50pm

Donia, those are fabulous!!!! You matched everything up so perfectly! The purple one with Val's disks is awesome. Love, love, love the purple.

Old 2012-05-14, 2:59pm

Donia I agree with Rebecca !! I love it!! I'm so happy my picture helped. I really like the disks in your bracelet !!

Old 2012-05-15, 2:00am
Serenity Now!

Ultra-fantastic creativity in this thread! Love the way your bracelet came together Donia - thanks for directing me to this thread. Thanks everyone for sharing - think I'm going to have to pull out some leather and make a couple of these. SO many ideas and possibilities - thanks to everyone for sharing.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2012-05-15, 11:55am
N2Beadz

ThAnK YoU so much ladies for all the wonderful comments.

Here's two more I made this past weekend while just sitting out on the deck table enjoying the beautiful weather and taking in all the wildlife that came to visit for a peanut hand out. Both of these buttons were made by Janelle Ethridge with NormadCraftsEtc back in February. It took me a while to match them up with something that moved me but in the end it was well worth the wait.