Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-10-18, 8:05am
Dix Harrison

Default Question: Organza bags

I was thinking I read that the kiddos liked to get their beads in the little organza drawstring bags. So, I thought I would prepackage beads and tuck each in a bag along with a small tag.

But then, how will the kids be able to see the beads and make a selection?

Who can help me with this packaging question?
Old 2012-10-18, 8:10am
Loving learning

I thought that the volunteers at headquarters inspected the beads & then put them in a clear plastic bag to go to the hospitals, but I could be wrong.
Old 2012-10-18, 12:11pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Yes, I don't think the beads go directly to the kids. They have to be inspected for sharp ends, silver glass, protruding glass etc, then distributed to lots of different hospitals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-10-18, 5:00pm
Melody of Glass

Perhaps you could tie the beads on the drawstring?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-10-19, 5:45am

All of the donated beads need to go through our quality assurance process in Tucson before they go out to the kids. Sharp edges do come in from time to time and we need to be sure that they don't go back out that way. We send beads out to the programs in small plastic bags after they've been checked out.

The organza bags are actually fairly large and are for the kids to use as storage for their beads. There is a pattern for the bags that we prefer on the BoC web site.

Robert