LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2010-11-13, 1:44am
Happy Beadmaker!

I'm with Oflia on this one, sad to miss BABE again this year! Just too expensive to travel all that way.

BUT, the farmers market is not-to-miss! I used to get into town, dump my stuff at hotel (I stayed at that little one Diane mentioned, it was quaint & cute), and run to the market! Great stuff and fun experience! Even got my hair cut down there one year!

Diane & Jeff & all, have fun and sell lots! Miss you guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
Old 2010-11-13, 6:18am
Common Lurker

Thanks Lea! Miss you too!!! Hit the market after doing just that... dump and run! LOL... Had the wonderful Tamales and found some fresh strawberries and raspberries... YUM!

Good luck this weekend to all!

Old 2010-11-13, 8:12am
Experimentalist

I keep hearing about the tamales.

The tamale line was so long yesterday so I opted for the falafel instead. Thank goodness many others in my class did the same... didn't want to be the only one reeking of garlic.

Old 2010-11-13, 2:33pm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
I keep hearing about the tamales.

The tamale line was so long yesterday so I opted for the falafel instead. Thank goodness many others in my class did the same... didn't want to be the only one reeking of garlic.
OMG, Laura, the line does move VERY fast, so next year do not miss these tamales! I've been known to bring home on the plane a nice stash of them whenever I've been there, LOL. I'm so sad to miss this great event- every aspect...... wishing everyone great success!

Old 2010-11-13, 10:40pm
da General

We missed you today, Ofilia!!!!

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-11-13, 10:45pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
OMG, Laura, the line does move VERY fast, so next year do not miss these tamales! I've been known to bring home on the plane a nice stash of them whenever I've been there, LOL. I'm so sad to miss this great event- every aspect...... wishing everyone great success!
Thanks for letting me know... I work a couple blocks from there and the farmer's market is there every Friday, so I'll make sure I check out the tamales next week.

Old 2010-11-14, 5:57pm

Wink

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know... I work a couple blocks from there and the farmer's market is there every Friday, so I'll make sure I check out the tamales next week.
OMG, Laura! You work a couple blocks away from there?!! Heck, you can fill up just on "samples"! If that man is there with the peach pumpkin pie, ....mmmmmmmmmmmm!! TO-DIE-FOR!

It's a great market! I only wish I was not flying, or I'd buy some of the plants they sell as well.

Old 2010-11-14, 5:58pm

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
We missed you today, Ofilia!!!!
Whhaaaaaah! I missed all of you too! So, how was the show? Spill the beans and make me so jealous!

Old 2010-11-14, 6:41pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
OMG, Laura! You work a couple blocks away from there?!! Heck, you can fill up just on "samples"! If that man is there with the peach pumpkin pie, ....mmmmmmmmmmmm!! TO-DIE-FOR!

It's a great market! I only wish I was not flying, or I'd buy some of the plants they sell as well.
Peach pumpkin pie?! Hm... that sounds a bit odd, but I think I'd try it.

And yes, I was drooling over the orchids... I may have to cave even though I'm generally a plant-killer.

Old 2010-11-14, 8:16pm
da General

Quote:
Whhaaaaaah! I missed all of you too! So, how was the show? Spill the beans and make me so jealous!
Show was great but the company was better . . . we had dinner at Tamarindo again and wish you were with us!

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-11-14, 10:33pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I got to meet Polly! She's awesome! I love her vessels and her jelly fish are amazing and she makes awesome soft glass floral beads too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmyglassjackie View Post
Polly Bettencourt of Dragon art glass will be there too, its her biggest show to date---I yhink, GO Polly! Wishing all of you good sales, and if you cant get to see he tere, come to the bead bazaar in santa cruz on nov 27th sponsored by Kiss My Glass but held at western design flooring on the frontage road near 41st. Well wishes to all of younat BABe!

Old 2010-11-14, 10:45pm
Flaming Redhead!

I got to meet Donna!!! She's this tiny, little petite thing...but whoa! her beads are fabulous! I meant to go back to her booth to buy but ran out of time. I will be stalking her website now for beads!

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2010-11-15, 10:44am

Smile

Quote:
Peach pumpkin pie?! Hm... that sounds a bit odd, but I think I'd try it.

And yes, I was drooling over the orchids... I may have to cave even though I'm generally a plant-killer.
Yea, Laura, the combo sounds odd, but wait till you taste it! He gives samples, so you can see how great it is. Peaches lend themselves nicesly to the same spices that compliment pumpkin. The peaches also give it a lighter texture..... He only makes like 2 or 3 different things.. this and a red velvet cake and sometimes something else, I forget..... but very yummy.

I'm always shocked at the live catfish. One year, they had them in a kids swimming pool, another in a metal cart like the old time ice cream bicycle vendors. Just a little to "fresh" for me liking.

Maybe before you buy an expensive orchid, try one of the cheaper plants. They all look so beautiful and exotic! It will have to last longer than cut flowers, right?!

Old 2010-11-15, 10:56am
just another glass addict

Yea Donna!!! It was great to meet you too!! I'm sure if we ever spent a decent amount of time together our stomaches would ache from laughing. It was my first time at that show, but I'll be back. It was great fun to be in such a creative atmosphere with such awesome artists. I could have easily spent every penny I earned and gone into debt...lol.

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2010-11-15, 12:07pm
Experimentalist

It certainly is nice to be shopping in a creative place like that.

No diss to the gem show vendors, but it's a nice change to walk through tables of people's hands-on work. KWIM