Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-10-02, 12:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Here is another tip. Have you ever come across a tutorial or just info in general on the net that you would love to print but printing is never that attractive from a www page?

Create a pdf quickly and then print the pages you want.

http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/

I think I am going to figure out a way to get that tutorial I have in my head, and on paper. I have all the pictures... Thanks for all the tips -- and the inspiration..

I think I just may give it away free.
Still frustrates the heck out of me... ugh...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-02, 9:18pm

Thanks for your generosity and sharing nature. What a lovely story, I admire your determination to continue your dream - you're such an inspiration!

Who knew you could right-click on pictures (umm, I have a Mac, so I actually googled if you could right-click with a Mac and yes, you can - sort of!! I've learned something new!).

Marianne.
Old 2010-10-03, 6:10am
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh!! I am looking forward to meeting you as well. Did you attend last year? If so, we have probably spoken before. This is my first year selling at fvbs but I have been a customer since it started. I looked at the vendor list yesterday to see who is coming. Which name are you listed under?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P View Post
What a lovely and generous thing to do - thank you. I'm looking forward to meeting you at the FVBS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-03, 6:11am
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh a tutorial........I have no willpower when it comes tho those

Quote:
Originally Posted by justvonna View Post
I think I am going to figure out a way to get that tutorial I have in my head, and on paper. I have all the pictures... Thanks for all the tips -- and the inspiration..

I think I just may give it away free.
Still frustrates the heck out of me... ugh...

Old 2010-10-03, 6:12am
Jacqueline Parkes

Umm lol

Okay let me check my inventory when I set up for my show today. If I come across that bead I will hold it for you. Sorry the www site is so bare. Just no time.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
OK, Jacqueline....give it up!! I WANT that bead!!!!! I really, really have to have that bead! I went to all of your sites...no bead.....Pat

Old 2010-10-03, 6:13am
Jacqueline Parkes

It is easy and fun so please try. Each one turns out differently of course. I cannot repeat the designs even though I try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvet02 View Post
I'll bet that even with the receipt I couldn't make it look like yours...LOL

But thanks for the generosity. Sharing is very freeing...

Last edited by gemsinbloom; 2010-10-03 at 6:20am.
Old 2010-10-03, 6:19am
Jacqueline Parkes

And yes sharing is very freeing. I feel differently ( happier ) for it this week.

A quick tip before leaving for work.

If you are like me and have many shows a month, simplify your setup. I spent years setting up three tables which took me about two hours. I have now simplified, one table, thirty minutes tops to setup and my sales have risen.

Too much clutter and your customer will become scattered and leave too soon.

Don't try to do it all. I would try to make whatever my customers requested, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, anklets, pendants, rings, you name it. I had to carry so much inventory and it was quite overwhelming.

Now I only carry lampwork pendants, bracelets and occasionally , earrings.

Old 2010-10-03, 6:48am
Always with a smile!

Ah! Jacqueline! Wow, Girl. You rock. I haven't been in here alot this past couple of months and just stumbled on this, literally. Quite the journey and I'm very happy for you. Thanks for sharing. Your new beads are lovely.

) and
)
Old 2010-10-03, 7:01am
Happiness is....

I love this link Thank You! oxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Here is another tip. Have you ever come across a tutorial or just info in general on the net that you would love to print but printing is never that attractive from a www page?

Create a pdf quickly and then print the pages you want.

http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2010-10-03, 9:31am
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you Jill for lifting me up last winter when I really needed it with your generous gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknapp View Post
Ah! Jacqueline! Wow, Girl. You rock. I haven't been in here alot this past couple of months and just stumbled on this, literally. Quite the journey and I'm very happy for you. Thanks for sharing. Your new beads are lovely.

Old 2010-10-03, 12:19pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Well J, you have always been able to make beads that were gorgeous! I still love your encased florals!

Sara

Old 2010-10-03, 8:51pm
Always with a smile!

Jacqueline, it was my pleasure and I'm so happy that life has turned the corner and the hill is no longer as steep. Take care and keep making beautiful beads!!!

) and
)
Old 2010-10-04, 6:39am
Jacqueline Parkes

If you live in Canada , you may be aware of the high expense of shipping in supplies via UPS. It is as big no no in my book unless you enjoy paying huge brokerage fees. In the past I've sadly had to avoid ordering from suppliers who were not willing to ship via the postal service.

I have a new solution. Please keep in mind that I have not tried to work with this company yet but they come highly recommended. This will work if you live in Vancouver, Canada as Blaine Washington is just a hop skip and jump from the border. Maybe companies such as these are located across the US border though?

For a small fee , this company will accept your package and call you when it arrives.

http://hagensofblaine.com/index.php

Old 2010-10-04, 6:49am
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

well, I dont have that problem here in Texas, but high shipping costs can make your life sooo much more difficult. That is awesome idea! The more money you put on shipping, the less you have left for actual goods...
Old 2010-10-04, 2:00pm
Jacqueline Parkes

If you are like me and love czs in your lampwork designs, let your elmer's glue sit for a bit before applying the czs to your mandrels. This way they don't slip and slide so much, saves time and frustration.

Old 2010-10-04, 2:35pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

I dont get this... I thought that people put the cz's on with tweezers? Or is it something else Im missing? I would love to try some cz's, but now Im thinking that there is more to it than I have realized. So where does the glue come in picture?
Old 2010-10-04, 2:42pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Some do use tweeters but I have had no luck with that. Maybe I don't have the correct tweezers though, who knows..

So I glue the czs on the bottom of a mandrel with white glue, works like a charm!

Old 2010-10-04, 2:46pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

And the glue comes off? Or burns off? Or it just stays on mandrel? Sorry, dont mean to be P.I.A, but it really sounds like easier than holding a little thingie on tweezers, and just before setting it will fly somewhere....
Old 2010-10-06, 11:43am
tiptrinket

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT INFO!
You said you use www.syntheticgems. What size, what grade do you use?
It would be great if someone would do a bulk buy!
I'm anxious to know, too, about the glue trick.
tiptrinket
Old 2010-10-08, 12:46am
Formerly Fireflyartglass

i use eyebrow tweezers for cz's... the tiny ones that are more like scissors than tweezers.

I just found the beadcaps by accident that you use on your pendants while looking for other metal beads for a bracelet I am making. they are out of stock on the beadcaps so even if other people stumble across them the site has none left anyway....they look so pretty and really finish off your pendants. (and no don't pm me either cause I won't tell anyone where it is!)

Last edited by Leanne; 2010-10-08 at 4:46pm. Reason: wording wasn't right