Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-01-04, 4:46am

Default Tutorials Wanted

Okay here's my ideas........

Color Tutorial.....Add a big color wheel and tell us how to use it.

Now when using orange....the colors that would go well with it are xxx and xxx
If you add this color over this color the result will be xxxx.

I mean a total step by step to color for color challenged people!!
What works and what doesn't.

Silver reactions? I know some colors that react with others....Is there a tutorial out already about this?

Off mandrel work like seahorses, dolphins, whales...etc
I'm having more fun doing sculptural work but I've only done off mandrel pendants.....I've tried the dolphin from the DVD's and I have to go off of memory and I never get the curves just right!
I know I have a million other things I'd love to try but that's all my brain could think of.

If anyone knows a good easy to understand color wheel and such book...please let me know!!!!
I really need help!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-04, 4:58am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

for colors you might want to visit Kandice's website http://coloraddiction.wordpress.com/

and for silver reactions, check out Hayley's etsy store, she has two or three silverglass how too tutorials with lots of info in it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-04, 5:02am

Thanks Suzanne.....I'll have to check out Kandice's page but Hayley's book is on "silver glass".....I'm looking more for....copper green on blue or whatever....regular moretti glass reactions. Kind of like Corina's book but more recent and more stuff!

Old 2009-01-04, 5:19am
I think I could be a bead

Sarah Hornik has a wonderful new ebook on colors and why they work!

Old 2009-01-04, 7:21am

Reenie, I am so happy to you are looking for this. I am writing something now that will have a very thorough section on color theory. I'm going to put a lot of other stuff in there too, but color will be covered more than anything else. I decided to do this rather than write another step by step tutorial because I think it would be more helpful in the long run since 80% of the questions that I receive in my email are related to color.

Old 2009-01-04, 7:27am
burnin' glass just becuz

Dwyn has a good website on 104 colour too: http://dragonjools.blogspot.com/

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2009-01-04, 7:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels View Post
Reenie, I am so happy to you are looking for this. I am writing something now that will have a very thorough section on color theory. I'm going to put a lot of other stuff in there too, but color will be covered more than anything else. I decided to do this rather than write another step by step tutorial because I think it would be more helpful in the long run since 80% of the questions that I receive in my email are related to color.
Yippee
Old 2009-01-05, 8:26am

Lydia, that sounds great!

After that maybe your roses?

Old 2009-01-05, 9:54am

Kandice,
I just found your page the other night and bookmarked it so that I can read it more. You did a great job setting it up! I just need time to sit for awhile......

Thanks Lydia...
and I have Sarah's tutorial as well and she also gave me some actual books that are good with color so I'm looking into those as well.

I think Kandice hit the nail on the head with something she said on her blog.
Everything the see's in the daily world becomes "color combo's" to her.
Everything I see in the world, I try and think of a bead to make. So I'm on the right track but....then when I come down to making the bead.....I don't know what colors to use lol.
Kind of stuck between a hard place and a bead eh?

Old 2009-01-05, 8:38pm

I await Kandice's tutorials on color like a heroin addict waits for her dealer! LOL
Jen
Old 2009-01-05, 8:44pm
da General

Irene - Sadie is going to produce a booklet from her Reactive Exchange and will have it for sale to the public this time, I think! I have a copy of her first one and it has loads of great reactive glass combination!

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-01-06, 5:04pm

Thanks Hayley ... I have two copies of the last exchange (2007) on Etsy right now (not really a tutorial but there is a lot of information in there from a number of people - so you get a bit of variation and great value for $10), and yep, we'll be doing another once we have all the wonderful beads and their reactions to show!

Old 2009-01-07, 2:46am
Most have those beadies

I would love to see Andrea Guarino's Galaxy beads and her Heart as a tutorial.

Kandice, I've read your whole blog december and januari yesterday and I want to thank you very much. I love all the colourtips in there, you've done so much research, I found a lot of really gorgeous colourcombinations and I will sure try some of them.

my
my

my
my

Old 2009-01-07, 9:23am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Lydia, that sounds great!

After that maybe your roses?

Rose, thank you. I have had a few emails about the roses, so I'm going to include a chapter on the techniques that I use to make them as well as the colors that I use.

Carmen, thank you for the "yippee".

I blogged a bit about the first couple of chapters this morning. You can read here, if you'd like to know more. . .

Old 2009-01-07, 1:20pm

Ha ha it's a pleasure Lydia, any of your tutorials will get more than a "yippee" out of me.