Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2006-11-06, 12:15am
Dot Princess

Default wig wag design

I was wondering if someone could possibly give a tutorial of the wig wag design that I see on many marbles? I love this design! Thanks for any help anyone can give

Lindz Lou

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2006-11-06, 12:28am

Here you go. You can also do this on a rod if a tube is too difficult.
http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=wigwag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-06, 9:52am
ManBearPig

There's also a good article on it in a recent issue of Glass Line. I think it was the December/January issue...

Last edited by Cosmo; 2006-11-06 at 10:11am.
Old 2006-11-06, 1:51pm
Dot Princess

Thank you so much Jesse and Chad. I guess that is something I am not quite ready for yet being I work with moretti and not boro yet. But that is a good thing to know about. Once again thank you so much

Lindz-Lou

Old 2006-11-06, 3:13pm

I too have been thinking about this tech, and trying it out in moretti on a rod instead of a tube. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a rod, it's just a slightly different look, on the surface instead of being underneath the clear of the tube.
Old 2006-11-06, 3:32pm
Dot Princess

would it be done the same way on a rod rather than a tube?

Old 2006-11-06, 3:58pm
Shine your bright side!

Ummm...anyone esle think Jesse is REALLY handsome?

*fanning*......did someone turn a torch on?

Website!
"When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it." - W. Clement Stone
Old 2006-11-06, 4:06pm
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanseafarm

Oh... I do! Even better is when you tell him and then he blushes. Priceless.

~
~
Old 2006-11-06, 4:33pm
Dot Princess

Quote:

UMMM well YEAH

Old 2006-11-06, 4:42pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Quote:

Almost to the point of asking him if he's single and planning a trip to Idaho (yes, I looked to see where he is!) Hey I got the link a long time ago, why do you think I'm stalking this thread

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2006-11-06, 5:07pm

Where he lives is really beautiful, it's one of the towns I've been looking into moving to or around, but I think I'm favoring Idaho city.

_
Old 2006-11-06, 5:09pm
Yup.

Sorry ladies... he's married.

~
~
Old 2006-11-06, 6:18pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystykbead
would it be done the same way on a rod rather than a tube?
Apparently yes, although I put the stripes on the outside (obviously). I tried a couple of them tonight, and although my technique is certainly lacking, I managed to recreate at least a little of what I was going for. Practice makes perfect I guess
What I did was to make the gather, shape it rough and stripe it. Then in order to get tighter direction switches pulled it out between two punties (not too thin though), and did my back and forth twists. Hardest part with soft glass is to remember to throw some heat on both ends, so the punty attachment doesn't crack. I try to do it while the first twist is cooling, heat both, then go back and twist opposite.
I twisted up the ends separate after getting the center in order, then gathered the whole center back up and shaped it.
Again what I ended up with is certainly not the best example, but I can see promise in perfecting it.
Old 2006-11-20, 3:03pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanseafarm View Post

LOL . . .. I looked at his avatar then went directly to his site to see if there were any more

Old 2006-11-20, 8:27pm
Redhead Goddess of Flame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyHampton View Post
LOL . . .. I looked at his avatar then went directly to his site to see if there were any more
So..... are there??

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Old 2006-11-20, 8:42pm

Tube works better than rod, or at least I have found that to be true. The following are some of my attempts at wigwagging with a rod.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein