No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-05-26, 8:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph'sBeadCorner
This is from Lbssupply, do you think it matches closely with the lavender in the middle of Pal's pic?

That's my picture. I'm not sure what you mean by saying it's from LB Supply??

Evolution is only a theory, just like, um, gravity.

SAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD!

Last edited by Palestrina; 2006-05-26 at 8:23am.
Old 2006-05-26, 8:33am
Formerly SirWatson

She had a picture posted above yours that she took of her glass to compare with yours. To me, it looks like the same glass! Man...I wish I was home so I could take glassy pictures and post them on here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
Old 2006-05-26, 8:39am

Ok, I see now. She edited her post. That's not her picture, it's Jon's. The one on the left is from LB Supply, the one on the right is mine. They do look very much alike! I wonder if it's really more pink in person? It certainly looks that way. Thanks Steph, for posting that picture. I was wondering if I could find some more of this. I'll have to contact LB & ask them about it. I'll post here what I find out.

Old 2006-05-26, 9:10am
on hiatus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina
Ok, I see now. She edited her post. That's not her picture, it's Jon's. The one on the left is from LB Supply, the one on the right is mine. They do look very much alike! I wonder if it's really more pink in person? It certainly looks that way. Thanks Steph, for posting that picture. I was wondering if I could find some more of this. I'll have to contact LB & ask them about it. I'll post here what I find out.
Sorry Kim, I started to post the pic from lbsupply and it wouldn't upload because it was too big... ughh.. I finally figured how to resize and compress in powerpoint..

No, I borrowed Jon's picture from the auction... hoped he didn't mind and hope if it matches he gets some business!
Old 2006-05-26, 9:37am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph'sBeadCorner

No, I borrowed Jon's picture from the auction... hoped he didn't mind and hope if it matches he gets some business!
Hey, no need to apologize. Although I did think that you thought that I got the pic from Jon's auctions.

I said that you got the pic on the left from their auctions. I really don't think he'll mind at all. Karla thought that it was your's and you were comparing your glass to mine. Do you have any of it? When I first saw the post though, I thought it was my picture but wasn't sure so I kept looking at mine and then the one you posted... had to keep comparing them, b/c it does look just like one of their pictures!

I hope the glass is the same.

He just got back to me & said maybe it was the way the light was hitting it because it looks more lavender. But I've gotta tell ya, it's SOOOooo close. So, I asked him for some more info. I'm still waiting to hear back. Will keep you all updated!!

Edited to say: I sometimes sound short or rude in my posts when I'm actually being funny & nice... there's a reason for that: I'm a Rhode Islander with a "wicked" accent & was blessed *totally sarcastic* with my mother's tone of voice. It's hard to explain unless you speak to me in person, just please don't take the stuff I say the wrong way!

Last edited by Palestrina; 2006-05-26 at 9:55am.
Old 2006-05-26, 9:54am
on hiatus...

Quote:
Hey, no need to apologize. Although I did think that you thought that I got the pic from Jon's auctions.

I said that you got the pic on the left from their auctions. I really don't think he'll mind at all. Karla thought that it was your's and you were comparing your glass to mine. Do you have any of it? When I first saw the post though, I thought it was my picture but wasn't sure so I kept looking at mine and then the one you posted... had to keep comparing them, b/c it does look just like one of their pictures!

I hope the glass is the same.

He just got back to me & said maybe it was the way the light was hitting it because it looks more lavender. But I've gotta tell ya, it's SOOOooo close. So, I asked him for some more info. I'm still waiting to hear back. Will keep you all updated!!
: ) I can imagine it was confusing when I didn't have both pics posted.. I was madly trying to get the dang pic resized.

No I don't have any... I have stayed away from anything lavender because of the color shifting that some of them do. but I'm certainly willing to try this!!
Old 2006-05-26, 9:58am

I don't see a color shift in this too much. I used a flash in some pics, some inside, some outside... When I use it at the torch, Ihave a couple of different kinds of lights, flourescent & hallogen. I work mostly in the dark but when I turn my lights on, I really don't see the shift like in dark lavender, for example. I guess because it's so light, and there's really no blue in it. It's so much more pink than lavender. You should definately try it! Maybe I'll post some for sale somewhere.

BTW - the pics I posted were taken outside in the sun, no flash & I didn't edit them so you could see the true color.

Old 2006-05-26, 10:07am

OOooo! Don't get me wrong with that last post.. it does have lavender in it. It's not totally pink.

Old 2006-05-26, 10:14am
on hiatus...

Oh good.. I'm so glad to learn it doesn't really shift.

Below is a link to Jon's auctions of lavender blue.. .the stringers definately aren't as pink - I wonder if he can compare the color to the stringers?

Jon's lavender blue
Old 2006-05-26, 10:34am

I'll ask when I hear from him. Maybe that is a color-shift? but those stringers are regular, real lavender blue. I'm still waiting & I'd hate to drive him nuts, I do it all the time! I'm such a bad, good customer.

Let me go check on the shifting & put it under different lights... I don't want to give you or anyone else the wrong info. But as far as I remember, it doesn't shift all that much.

Last edited by Palestrina; 2006-05-26 at 10:37am.
Old 2006-05-26, 11:17am
Formerly SirWatson

I had my rods under a fluorescent light last night and didn't see much of a shift. They weren't as pink as in Kimberly's pictures when under the light, but I was only looking at one rod. I'm anxious to see how my beads came out! Pictures later!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
Old 2006-05-26, 11:33am

The spacers in this set are made from 082 lavender blue. you can see them pictured with the Swarovski crystals, and the color is similar. A very pretty pink.

Last edited by kandice; 2009-06-03 at 3:52pm.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:28pm
Formerly SirWatson

Very pretty Kandice! I have bead envy!

So, what kind of lighting do you use to take your pictures!

Thanks!

<><
Old 2006-05-26, 1:37pm

Kandice, you always make me drool all over my keyboard. Hubby's going to be very upset when he gets home, seeing that I've ruined my new laptop!
The color shift is a very subtle, barely there kind of shift.
And yes, Kandice, what kind of light, huh? huh? huh? I was taking gorgeous pics with my other camera but I can't figure out this new one.
Speaking of pink... would any of you be interested in an assorted rubino auction, and/or a pinks auction? Thanks!!

Old 2006-05-26, 1:39pm
Formerly SirWatson

I'd be interested, however, I just spent quite a bit of money on new glass and presses.

<><
Old 2006-05-26, 1:41pm

Well, my lighting is actually pretty boring. I use incandescent bulbs in a homemade light box. Woooo! Hehehehe

A pinks auction? Hell, yes, I'd be interested. Especially if there was some older rubino included.

Old 2006-05-26, 1:46pm
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice
Well, my lighting is actually pretty boring. I use incandescent bulbs in a homemade light box. Woooo! Hehehehe
Same here. I can't even say mine is a "box". Just some PVC pipes assembled into a cube with a cheesecloth-like material draped over it...using incandescent lights.

LOL!

<><
Old 2006-05-26, 1:51pm

I have a bowl from Ikea with a hole cut in the top, a thingy to slide the camera on... the whole shebang. It's that $5.00 photo studio (really like $20.00, but still agood deal). I have the lights & daylight lightbulbs... but I can't use it because DH hasn't figured out where we can put it. He needs to move around the boxes in the basement that he piled up & never fixed. It would be nice to use one of these days!
I have about 7 different kinds of rubino, all basically medium pink or lavender in the rod. I also have some clear & some VERY dark rubino. The clear is so pretty!! I love the color it strikes to, it's lighter than regular rubino... a medium/dark fuscia color that looks like the color of candy. How can I tell how old it all is? I know a lot of it is, especially the really dark stuff, but I how can I tell just how old it is. What batches were out when?

Old 2006-05-26, 3:48pm
Formerly SirWatson

Okie dokie! Here's a picture of my lavender 082 rods next to some beads I made with the glass. The rods look really pink, but the beads look a lot more peachy. This picture was taken in natural sunlight.

I'll try and take another picture tonight of the beads in incandescent light.

<><
Old 2006-05-26, 5:36pm
odd lot addict

Hmm, the V-082 I have is much more pink than that. I'll try to take a pic tommorow & post.

Old 2006-05-26, 8:26pm

That's really doesn't look like the same thing. Your beads look like they're 068, reg. pink. I hate to ask this but I mess stuff up all the time...are you sure of what you used? and more importantly, are you sure of what you received??? Maybe it's the picture??

Old 2006-05-26, 8:37pm

I have a bunch of the Vo82 ... it's an almost exact match for the (umm failing memory here) ... the effetre amber rose (I think it was called)? It's a gorgeous but definite amber type pink.

Not a pure clear pink like the beads pictured above.

Sadie

Old 2006-05-26, 8:40pm
Formerly SirWatson

Maybe I don't really have the "good stuff" then. The rods look pink, but the finished beads come out a little more peachy. It could be that it's the picture, but it's hard for me to tell since the screen on my laptop is ultra bright (my pictures will look one way to me, but will look different to those on a standard monitor or regular laptop).

I'll take a picture of the rods in different light tomorrow morning. Maybe, they'll photograph differently.

<><
Old 2006-05-27, 8:39am

Yes, take another pic. It really looks like you have regular 068 transparent pink there. The 082 isn't peachy at all. Didn't you say the beads look peachy to you in person, though?

Old 2006-05-27, 9:03am

Basically, all I have left are the rods which are light pink or lighter. I do have some of the clear rubino. I would love some darker rubino. I also have some of the Vetrofond rubino already - a totally different color. What I am basically looking for is rubino whoch was made two years ago or so. Deep, dark in rod form.

Quote:
I have a bowl from Ikea with a hole cut in the top, a thingy to slide the camera on... the whole shebang. It's that $5.00 photo studio (really like $20.00, but still agood deal). I have the lights & daylight lightbulbs... but I can't use it because DH hasn't figured out where we can put it. He needs to move around the boxes in the basement that he piled up & never fixed. It would be nice to use one of these days!
I have about 7 different kinds of rubino, all basically medium pink or lavender in the rod. I also have some clear & some VERY dark rubino. The clear is so pretty!! I love the color it strikes to, it's lighter than regular rubino... a medium/dark fuscia color that looks like the color of candy. How can I tell how old it all is? I know a lot of it is, especially the really dark stuff, but I how can I tell just how old it is. What batches were out when?

Old 2006-05-27, 9:34am

I have some of that. I figured out last night that I have 9 different colors of rubino. I'll take a pic & post it. I think I;m going to put an auction together but I can't decide - a rubino auction? a pink auction? a pink & purple auction? pink & coral? just coral? should I add vintage pink beads? Aaaaaaahhhh!!
Anywho... I'll be back in a little while.

Old 2006-05-27, 9:41am
Formerly SirWatson

New picture!

In the picture below, the glass and beads on the left are from my stash of Lavender blue 082. The glass and bead on the right are regular transparent pink.

I took this picture using an incandescent light.

The lavender blue looks a lot different in this picture when compared to the one I took in sunlight.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Karla

<><
Old 2006-05-27, 10:02am

Well, it looks a bit like regular lavender blue b/c I see blue in it, but it also looks like it may be the same stuff I have. I think it is. It's still very difficult to tell from the pic. Where did you take this picture? I'm going to have to go make a bead with this stuff now & see how it turns out.

Old 2006-05-27, 12:46pm

Default Rubino

Here's a couple of pics of some of my rubino. I think I'm going to put some of it on ebay soon (today or tomorrow), along with some other pink glass & stuff.

Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary! Yaaaaaayyyy!!
So I'm not sure if I'll have time to make beads & post stuff but I am going to try to post the auction. Althuogh, I have NO IDEA what to start it at! Do I start it low & take a risk or do I start it for what it's worth...? I really have no idea. Help!

Hey Karla, any other pics yet? I hope you have the right stuff. Did you buy it as lavender rose?

Dark Fuschia Rubino

Ends of rods

Asst. Rubino (dark pink, med. lavender/pink, med. pink, light pink, lt. lavender 3 diff. clear)

Last edited by Palestrina; 2006-05-27 at 12:49pm.
Old 2006-05-27, 1:15pm

Cool - I'd bid on that! Sure, add the pinks and the corals, too!