Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-06-01, 12:47pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Default Tell me about the Effetre Ink Blues....

Specifically, I would like to know if there is a difference between the Pale Ink Blue (which I love!) and the Light Violet Ink Blue.

Anyone? Anyone???

Thanks

-Yee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-06-01, 12:57pm
Ad astra per aspera

I'm out of the loop again. I didn't know there was more than one.

Old 2006-06-01, 1:08pm
odd lot addict

The Pale Ink Blue is Blue; the Pale Ink Blue Violet is soft purple-blue; I'm not too impressed with either . . . I love the Dark Ink Blue Violet, though.

Old 2006-06-01, 1:19pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Hey Jen,

Hmmm, I have tons of the pale ink blue and it works up to a light purpley color for me - definitely not blue! That's why I was wondering if there's any difference between that and the light violet. No point in getting the same stuff

-Yee

Old 2006-06-01, 1:55pm
odd lot addict

Hmmm, I'll have to try to make a paddle out of each of my ink blue lots, take a pic and post. Probably Saturday evening.

Old 2006-06-01, 1:56pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Are you talking about the opaque color? I love love love it! One of my favs. I purchased it as ink blue pastel, #247. I think Frantz has a different name for it. It looks awesome w/opal yellow, silver pink, copper green, turquiose, encased w/ rubino..... YUMMY!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2006-06-01, 2:07pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Hi Gelly!

Nope....this is the transparent ink blue 058

-Yee

Old 2006-06-01, 2:10pm
Smile, it's contagious!

okie dokie... I haven't used it yet. I have some 058 on the way though... wonder what shade it is... it was just called ink blue.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2006-06-01, 8:56pm

Normal Ink Blue and Ink Blue Violet are definitely different colors. Ink Blue Violet is more of a true purple, IMO. What you have coming, Gelly, is just the normal 058 Ink Blue, which is a gorgeous indigo blue color.

Old 2006-06-02, 8:58am
dances with ideas...

What Kandice said!
I've also noticed that recent lots of ink blue are more purple than some I got a few years ago. Too bad I'm down to a nub of the old stuff, but I like them all.

Old 2006-06-06, 5:29pm
odd lot addict

Not the best pictures, but . . .

Old 2006-06-06, 5:40pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Jen - got a pic of the light ink blue violet? That one I'd really like to compare to the others......

-Yee

Old 2006-06-06, 5:54pm
odd lot addict

Not yet, will try to get that one uploaded Saturday. (Have to wait to go visit my mom since my card reader doesn't like my computer)

Old 2006-06-08, 9:34pm

There is a difference in the colors. The first pound I ordered of the pale ink violet was the same as my second pound of pale ink blue. but my first pound of the pale ink blue was the same as my second pound of pale ink violet. I now think after three pounds of each that the color sent for them is a toss up. but there is a difference in look. <shrug> it all evened out in the end color wise so I'm still happy.

A.

A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.