No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-06-30, 11:51am
sunscreen me baby

Default When did 068 start being pink?

*sigh* So I have had a big bundle of Effetre 068 (transparent pink) forever. 10lbs worth I bought 8 or so years ago. It works up to a lovely pale peach. A while back I bought 5 lbs of vetro 068 because it was on sale and I was down to my last pound. It works up pink! Lovely color, but not the peach I need.

So who knows if the current Effetre 068 is peach or pink? I really don't want to order some just to find out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-06-30, 12:49pm
Angie09

I have no idea but I'd love a pretty peach color glass so when you find it ... Let me know. Thanks.
Old 2013-06-30, 12:53pm
sunscreen me baby

This is the color it is etched.
Attached Images

~

Old 2013-06-30, 12:55pm
Angie09

LOVE that color. Could it be that the color change is because one batch was Vetrofond and the other Effetre?
Old 2013-06-30, 12:58pm
sunscreen me baby

Maybe, that's what I want to know. I don't want to buy a pound and wait for it to get here to find out.

~

Old 2013-06-30, 1:01pm

The listing at Frantz looks peachy
http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=3200
Old 2013-06-30, 1:07pm
sunscreen me baby

Never trust the paddle pictures at Frantz, lol. That is probably from the batch I had.

~

Old 2013-06-30, 1:16pm

Well no, you said you bought vetrofond - which is this:
http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=4196

Why not buy a quarter pound of each and compare?
Old 2013-06-30, 1:21pm
sunscreen me baby

Yes, but the original Effetre I bought from Frantz and it could very well be that paddle they have on the site. I'm positive they don't change the paddle each time they get a new batch.

"Why not buy a quarter pound of each and compare?" Because that could take weeks for me to get what I want, or not. I want the answer now if someone knows so I can just order a lot once. It will save me on shipping as well as the time and aggravation.

~

Old 2013-06-30, 4:39pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Yes, but the original Effetre I bought from Frantz and it could very well be that paddle they have on the site. I'm positive they don't change the paddle each time they get a new batch.

"Why not buy a quarter pound of each and compare?" Because that could take weeks for me to get what I want, or not. I want the answer now if someone knows so I can just order a lot once. It will save me on shipping as well as the time and aggravation.
Why don't you ask Jamey from Howaco about her stock? Maybe she could take a quick pic and send it to you in an email. I ordered some within the last year and it was peachy.

Oh, before I forget - Uroboros Pink Champagne is even peachier, in that it's a little darker than the Effetre.
Old 2013-06-30, 4:39pm
sunscreen me baby

Thank you Lisi!

~

Old 2013-06-30, 5:15pm
I fart diamonds

Pink Champagne is more like a Pale Amber Rose

Etched:

Last edited by shawnette; 2013-06-30 at 5:18pm.
Old 2013-06-30, 6:05pm
Companion

Lauscha has a lovely transparent peach. Not pink at all.
Don't you cry no more
Old 2013-07-01, 12:28am
Artistically Absorbed

This happened to me too!! LOL! I remember back when all pinks were really lack luster, back then I would have killed for a true pink. I wanted that peachy pink when I ordered about a year ago and it was true pink, almost identical to CIM Blush. I think every glass is an odd!

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2013-07-01, 3:46am
one day at a time

Unless it was 067 Rose Quartz mislabeled as 068?? Rose Quartz is a true pink.
Old 2013-07-01, 4:35am
sunscreen me baby

So it sounds like I might get peach or I might get pink, lol.

Steffi, thanks. I forgot about Lauscha. I know I have some. I think the next time I place an order I will get both the Lauscha and Effetre to be safe. Although, I have discovered I have 8 or more pounds of the Vetro pink I got over the course of all those 70% off Vetro sales at Frantz. (who can pass up $5/lb glass?) I should be good for a few years considering I am well stocked in BE erbium pink for that shade too.

~

Old 2013-07-01, 4:55am
SCIENCE Teacher!

I have always gotten the peach color when I order Effetre 068
Old 2013-07-01, 4:55am
sunscreen me baby

When was the last time Robin?

~

Old 2013-07-01, 4:56am
sunscreen me baby

BTW, Vetro 068 used to be peach too. I looked at my old database I haven't maintained in years. I had a few pounds of it at one time and I would have noticed if it worked up pink.

~