No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-04-25, 5:44pm
Is it May yet?

Default good moretti pink?

I am looking for a darker opaque pink, moretti, I bought it about a year ago, and don't know where I got it, or which pink it is. I have some one who wants some pink beads, in this particular color, and I am almost out. Does any one know what the best moretti pink is (that is not going to cost an arm and a leg, or my first born) and where I can find it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-04-25, 7:20pm
Student of DachZen

I believe 256, dark pink, is the darkest they regularly make. It's about a shade or a shade and a half lighter than "bubblegum pink." Other than that, it's all much lighter pinks or rubino and not much of anything in between.

You can look over some of that new Lauscha pink in the "Streaky Pink" thread here, though. Karla also has a pic of the new kugler pink that's coming out "soon."

Good luck!

Old 2006-04-26, 12:05am

Frantz has some nice pink in right now.
Andrea

Old 2006-04-26, 6:05am
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by adovbs
I believe 256, dark pink, is the darkest they regularly make. It's about a shade or a shade and a half lighter than "bubblegum pink." Other than that, it's all much lighter pinks or rubino and not much of anything in between.

You can look over some of that new Lauscha pink in the "Streaky Pink" thread here, though. Karla also has a pic of the new kugler pink that's coming out "soon."

Good luck!
I have some of the 256 dark pink and Teresa is absolutely right, it's just a little lighter than Streaky Pink. You have to find a good batch of it though since some of the dark pinks can actually be lighter than light pink.

Teresa - I have to say...I LOVE the bead in your avatar! It's gorgeous!

<><
Old 2006-04-26, 9:10pm
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWatson
Teresa - I have to say...I LOVE the bead in your avatar! It's gorgeous!
Hey, thanks, Karla! It's a technique I've been working on for a few weeks that I've just about got where I want it to be. I used up nearly all my stash of pinks doing the testing, though, lol. Good excuse to be buying more soon, eh?

Btw, if you click on my avatar, there's a larger version of the bead pic in my profile...I'm calling it "Queen's Ransom."

Teresa
Old 2006-04-30, 10:53am
mikefrantz

Default Stink and Pink

Well, there is no stink, but the 256 dark pink is very lovely. Sorta like a skin pink, real smooth, not hot pink, just a perfect pink, but we have a limited amount. On the other hand, there is a bunch of new 260 light pink that is still unpacked and burried on the bottom of a pallet that we have not yet got into that is more like a Light Bubblegum pink, almost streaky, or perhaps the total oposite of the 256 which is one color of pink that is smooth, calming and constant while the 260 light pink has some variations in its flow, but very purplie pink bubblegummish. I would rather think this is some odd color, but we will just call it 260 pink. If anybody wants some, you MUST insist that the order comes from the new shipment only cause the old stuff looks old and normal. But if you are really looking for light pink you would not want this new tonality, not because it is ugly but because it is so different than anything we have had before. My suggestion is to buy as much as you can as latter on this year when it is gone it will end up on Ebay for $50 per quarter pound. At this time there is no retail limits on this new color and the price is as usual $15 per pound and worth every bit of it.

Enough on Pink

Mike F
Phone: 360-426-6712
Toll Free: 1-800-839-6712
Fax: 1-360-427-5866