LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-09-21, 9:04am
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Default The "Nut Hut"...er...ah...no, my studio!

Recently, our neighbors decided to build a new garden building and wanted to pitch their old one which was 20+ years old. We said..."please don't pitch it, we will take it"! They tore it down and moved it over and we rebuilt it in our garden.

I want to preface this whole thread by saying that what my husband and the neighbors did for me was probably the nicest, most unselfish and generous things ever done for me, not only in friendship, but in support of my dreams. They are the best!

So one day a couple of weeks ago, we started in (that is my sweetie in the shorts):

and up it went

It still needs a little bit of trim work, tar paper/roof work, and bits and pieces, but it is weather proof and usable.

Jodi Henry gave me the sign "Pyromaniac at play" and it is now proudly displayed in the front window....THANKS JODI!!!!

This is the inside from the back corner looking out towards the front door.

The neighbors also gave me the cute pink flowered priscilla curtains, the corner sitting bank, small table, 2 chairs, and a corner hutch. This corner is my "construction" table where I plan on putting things together, making jewelry, etc.

It is so roomy that I also am moving my sewing/embroidery things out there. I went to IKEA and found the clock, the picture frames, and the 4 drawer chest. Gotta love that IKEA! I framed some beautiful pictures from my best friend, Desiree (she does flowers and nature stuff), plus some prints from Hans Werner Sahm....his art really speaks to me. If you don't know his art, check out https://www.sahm-bilder.com/

I still have to add an exhaust fan above my torch table, but other than that, it ROCKS!

Anyway, thanks for looking - I love having my own "space" and knowing how I received this beautiful gift truly touched my heart. I am working on my website, but my studio is called "Beadles".
Old 2006-09-21, 9:07am
My opinion not needed

It's great!!! Congrats on such a great gift!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-09-21, 9:17am

OMG that is so awsome!!!! very lucky girl, what a great sweety and great neighbors!

Old 2006-09-21, 9:37am
Satake Woman!

Oh wow, congratz!!

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2006-09-21, 9:41am

Gail,

You have a fantastic home away from home there. It looks so peaceful. I am glad you shared both the pictures and the story with us.

You have great neighbors and a great guy in your life!

All the best,

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2006-09-21, 10:23am

Gail,
Thank you for sharing your pictures. It looks Great. You'll have lots of fun.
And its so nice to have awesome neighbors.
Janet
Old 2006-09-21, 10:29am
Just me

Congrats on your new studio! Great neighbors and hubby too!

You are a lucky gal! What a wonderful space to create in and looks like you have lots of lovely green around you outside.

Old 2006-09-21, 10:50am
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Default Thank you Peoples!

Yes, I think I am very lucky....and very blessed with wonderful people around me!

So far, I am very comfortable in my space. Tunes, tools, great light, and munchies stashed! HA!
Old 2006-09-21, 10:51am
stacijane on Etsy

Wow! That is such a cozy little studio! What nice neighbors you have!

Old 2006-09-21, 10:55am
Made in the Shade

Wonderful! That is awesome! They were going to throw that away? Amazing!

You are truly BLESSED!

Old 2006-09-21, 10:57am
I'm a lilac!

OMG that is ADORABLE! Congratulations!

Old 2006-09-21, 1:41pm
Covered in glitter

What wonderful neighbors! That is gorgeous! I can't believe they wanted to throw it away!!!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2006-09-21, 1:43pm
Present tense

That is totally cool! It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

|
|

- non-glassy de-stash (shoes, books, yarn, Coach)
Old 2006-09-21, 1:49pm
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Default Hut

The hut was 20+ years old and some of the roof boards had to be replaced since some had rotted. It isn't perfect - although there was alot of love and care put into its rebuilding. You can see daylight in some of the corners inside - it isn't airtight or insulated, but IT'S MINE! HA!

I restained it - it really needed it. Put alot of coats on the boards which were new as that really soaked it in.

I really am in love with it - it is cozy as some of you have said. I crank up the CD player and va va voom - super.
Old 2006-09-21, 3:00pm

Gail,

LOVE your studio. It is charming and cozy, and looks like a small mountain cabin. You are going to have so much fun making it YOUR special place.

Becky

Old 2006-09-21, 3:44pm

Hi Gail,

I'm so happy for you . I, too, am blessed to have my own special studio, and there's nothing like it. When I open the door, a warm wonderful peace comes over me. It's such a happy place for me.

Again, congrats! Spend as much time there as you can. You deserve it!

Warmly, Marie C
Old 2006-09-21, 5:37pm

wow that is awesome!! I love all of the wood! I would set a bed up out there and call it home

Old 2006-09-21, 7:40pm
Professional Pyromaniac

Gail,

Congrats on one making your dreams come true!
Wow, it looks like a little cabin retreat! How awesome is that!
I am glad you enjoyed the sign too, it has a perfect home now!

Jodi Hesting
Old 2006-09-21, 8:01pm
HourGlass Studio

I was thinking the same thing about the shed being toooooo nice to throw out. Your studio is just awsome. Enjoy many fun filled hours of playtime int here.

Old 2006-09-21, 8:40pm
Corgi Cult Member

Gail, what an amazing gift! It's wonderful when neighbors help each other. Have fun playing in there.
Kathy
Old 2006-09-21, 9:39pm
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Default Thanks...very sweet comments...

I am really touched by all of your responses...very very nice and thank you!

Yes, when I walk in the door I just want to squeal. Will see how the winter does since it isn't insulated. I wanted to put in a tiny pot-belly stove, but Juergen wants to try a small gas heater first.

Taking a coffee pot out there soon - anyone want to join me for a cup?
Old 2006-09-22, 8:41am
Sheryll

I'll be right over, what kind of creamer do you like?

That's an awesome studio - can't wait to see what you create in there.
Old 2006-09-22, 10:00am
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Default Milk is fine!

or flavored powdered creme is also yummy....

Just ordered some Kugler and a couple of weeks ago some Czech glass...so now I just need the ideas!

Kathy - you are from Central Illinois cornfield purgatory! That is a good one! I lived in the middle of a cornfield (600 acres) for 16 years - know all about that! Where in Illinois? I was from the Freeport area.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 2006-09-23, 3:23am
phrit phreak

The Nut Hut...hehehehe it's adorable!! LOVE the all the wood! CONGRATS!
xoxo
lori

Old 2006-09-25, 8:34am
Cherine Perrin Glass

Wow, curtains and all. Isn't it nice to have a space all your own!

- Cherine

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2006-09-26, 10:05am
Hot Rod Addiction

What a lovely little cottage (uh, Nut Hut). Everytime I see something this cute and think about how it improves the yard, I want one -- then I think about winter, cold weather, rain and I'm happy everything is in my house, lol. I hope your weather is better than mine and that you'll be very happy out there (I would be!).

Congratulations and may your new space bring you new inspiration.
Old 2006-09-26, 10:13pm

I LOVE IT! I really like the porch too! You need to put a little table and a chair out there for when you bring your coffee pot
Congrats, its really nice to see someone so happy!
Old 2006-09-27, 10:52am
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Default Thanks Everyone

Thanks for your kind comments. I swept, cleaned up, and moved stuff around this afternoon and I DIDN'T MIND IT! Normally, I hate housework, but that was a joy...

It may be a little cool in there this winter, but actually today, it was not warm, but with the torch going and the kiln on, it was short-sleeve temperature.

Yes, it is nice to have a "laughin' place" as Braer Rabbit would say! "Everybody's gotta have a laughin' place, a laughin' place to go oh oh...take a frown, turn it upside down, and you'll find your's, I know oh oh"!

(Sorry...I digressed.....)
Old 2006-09-28, 2:52am
Goddess

Damn woman! It's alot bigger than I thought! It looks quite a bit bigger than mine. You got a real treasure there, not only because it was free but also because it's older and alot better built than the new gardenhouses which cost a small fortune and are flimsy as hell (like the one I bought :/ ). It's really beautiful, you guys did a great job with it.

Old 2006-09-28, 7:57am
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Hey Teresa!

Well...perhaps it was good construction to begin with, but there are alot of "holes" along the roofline (don't think I will be having a problem with make-up air!) and many other flaws that the camera is not picking up, but it is roomy. I have seen your pictures and I think your studio is GREAT! I think the way you are organizing it and doing "smart" things, like the energy meter, the glass storage, the counter, etc., is really superb.

At least we both will have our "spots" to do our thang! Thanks for looking....