LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2009-03-25, 1:26pm
GLAAAAASS!!

Default New Photography Blog

Hey everyone! I just made a blog yesterday, and it's all going to be about photography and post-precessing. I only have one tip up right now, but i'll keep adding things as I go. These tips will work for bead photography and everything. So if you can check it out, that would be great.

www.takegoodphotos.blogspot.com

Any suggestions would be nice too, since this is the first website I've ever made, haha.

Thanks!
Old 2009-03-25, 1:47pm
Formerly Deesigned Beads

Aww thanks! I will really need something like your blog - I suck at taking photos!
Nathan, could you perhaps enale the follower thingie on your blog? I also tried to write on your blog, but it would not accept my google account, ugh!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Art of Hand; 2009-03-25 at 1:52pm. Reason: forgot to add
Old 2009-03-25, 1:58pm
GLAAAAASS!!

Sure!
Old 2009-03-25, 2:49pm

Hi Nathan. Thanks for the blog. I signed up as a follower. I hope you will add some more soon. I am new to photo elements 7 and this helps to learn.
Bob
Old 2009-03-25, 3:59pm
GLAAAAASS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Hi Nathan. Thanks for the blog. I signed up as a follower. I hope you will add some more soon. I am new to photo elements 7 and this helps to learn.
Bob
You're welcome, and thanks for following me
I'll try to update the blog as much as I can.
Old 2009-03-26, 7:34am
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

I signed up as a follower too, your blog is very interesting and I can't wait for more help!!! Photography is not my strong point wink:
Old 2009-03-26, 9:27am

Nathan,great blog,very easy for me to understand.
how do I subscribe ?

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2009-03-26, 10:59am
GLAAAAASS!!

Thanks, I'm glad you all like it

I'm not exactly sure how to subscribe to it, but I think you have to make a google account and click the "follow" button on the page.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:04pm

Default GREAT!

thank you so much for posting your blog! I also suck at my bead photography! I'll give it a try.

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-03-27, 8:07pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Yes, thank you for the photography blog. My bead photos are adequate, but could use some improvement. I'm trying to make like a sponge and learn as much as I can. Every little bit helps.

Old 2009-03-28, 12:21pm
Master Procrastinator

I signed up too. Thanks for all the helpful tips so far. Will be watching closely for more.

Old 2009-03-28, 3:38pm
GLAAAAASS!!

Thanks!
Old 2009-03-29, 6:31am
I'm not Barbie.

great blog! I've saved it and will refer back. What I want to learn is to make layers to frame my photo's with, like Kevan has on the front of her photography tut. Her tut does not have that info.
Old 2009-03-29, 11:36am
GLAAAAASS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebeadz* View Post
great blog! I've saved it and will refer back. What I want to learn is to make layers to frame my photo's with, like Kevan has on the front of her photography tut. Her tut does not have that info.
I'm not sure what you mean, like a fake picture frame around the picture?

Oh, on the goddess tutorial? I might be able to do that

Last edited by NKahler; 2009-03-29 at 11:38am.
Old 2009-03-30, 7:21am
I'm not Barbie.

no, like on the front of her photo tut. How the bead is framed in black with a signature at the bottom. Shari Slonski also does her this way and it is such a nice professional look. I'd like to learn how to do that for certain applications in my work, like submitting photo's for juried shows, etc.
Old 2009-03-30, 12:46pm

The box can be done in photoshop or some program like that...

here's a question for everyone. when I shoot my pictures they are 19" large and are crisp, then when I resize them down to 6" they get all fuzzy and I have all the right buttons turned on.

would it be better to reduce pixel size than inches? how do you guys get such crisp pictures at the right size?

thanks so much

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-03-30, 1:02pm

I am going to check out your blog now, I need all the help I can get.
Sandra
Old 2009-03-31, 4:00am
It's all good.

Your blog is terrific!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Old 2009-03-31, 7:57am

Thanks for posting tips on photography. The levels blog was certainly something I need to work on. Some of my photos have a pinkish background and I could not get the white level increased. (It should have been white. Don't know where the pink came from.) I am using the software that came with the camera, and need to look for what you mentioned.
I heard that there is a photoshop express that is free online. I have not gone looking yet, but has anyone tried it? Is it a good program? I cannot afford the price of Photoshop. Heck I can't afford a good camera. Mine is in the upper level of cheap. So all the help you can give is welcome. If I have great photos on my website, maybe I will sell more, and then I will be able to upgrade my equipment. I can only hope.
Thanks for your help. Robin

Old 2009-03-31, 9:00am

Thanks for taking the time to do this! It will help everybody!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-03-31, 8:16pm

Nathan, what a nice blog!!! I thought I took decent pix til I started photographing little glass objects... oyyy... not good at it.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-03-31, 9:54pm
I'm not Barbie.

yeah, I know that. That is why I put my question up here cuz I don't know how to do it in photoshop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrina View Post
The box can be done in photoshop or some program like that...

here's a question for everyone. when I shoot my pictures they are 19" large and are crisp, then when I resize them down to 6" they get all fuzzy and I have all the right buttons turned on.

would it be better to reduce pixel size than inches? how do you guys get such crisp pictures at the right size?

thanks so much

Last edited by fyrebeadz*; 2009-04-01 at 1:05pm.
Old 2009-04-05, 7:20am

Very informative thank you!

Old 2009-04-23, 9:51pm
GLAAAAASS!!

You could look for photoshop elements, its alot simpler, but it still has alot of the things that regular photoshop has for around $50 or so.
Sorry I havent updated my blog in a few weeks, I've been doing too much stuff, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Beads View Post
Thanks for posting tips on photography. The levels blog was certainly something I need to work on. Some of my photos have a pinkish background and I could not get the white level increased. (It should have been white. Don't know where the pink came from.) I am using the software that came with the camera, and need to look for what you mentioned.
I heard that there is a photoshop express that is free online. I have not gone looking yet, but has anyone tried it? Is it a good program? I cannot afford the price of Photoshop. Heck I can't afford a good camera. Mine is in the upper level of cheap. So all the help you can give is welcome. If I have great photos on my website, maybe I will sell more, and then I will be able to upgrade my equipment. I can only hope.
Thanks for your help. Robin
Old 2009-05-02, 7:14am

Thanks Nathan,
I have a new canon rebel with all the bells and whistles and i am using the canon software, ugh! Does the Gimp program that you talked about on the blog do the same thing as the instructions on your blog with the eye droppers etc.? I am in 101 here, ha!! I love the blog, pure and simple, thanks so much!!! I am a follower of your blog now and will be looking to fix these pictures!! It would be great if people could post old pic and then do another new post with new pic so we could see the difference. I know that is a lot of posting but, oh well, i am rambling! Thanks
steph
Old 2009-05-29, 5:04pm
birdergirl ~o~

Thanks Nathan!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-06-18, 7:14am

Hi Nathan, I really appreciate what you have written so far ... I have a long way to go, digitally speaking. You are very clear in your explanations - that helps as much as anything can. Waiting for the next installment!

Sals