TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-02-06, 9:26am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I feel bad I spent quite a bit of time last night trying to find David Turner and James Roberts. No luck.

Old 2010-02-06, 9:46am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Can the investigator give you the email address for those 2 people?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-02-06, 9:51am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Can the investigator give you the email address for those 2 people?
No, if he had that he would just email. I'm not sure where he got a list of reversals, but he did, but it was just a list of names like in the list we posted here.

Old 2010-02-06, 10:43am

There's an australian lampwork artist named David Turner, so far I cant find James Roberts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#D45

Old 2010-02-06, 10:46am

There's a "Roberts" on facebook that is a lampwork artist. I threw him an email to see if he knows a "James"
If he replies, I'll let you know.

Old 2010-02-06, 11:06am

I got my email from him and confirmed the reversals.

Old 2010-02-06, 11:06am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
I feel bad I spent quite a bit of time last night trying to find David Turner and James Roberts. No luck.
So did I Jamey.. the only David Turner I could come up with was a David and Kami Turner from Texas who used to have Imagine-jewelry.com...????

Old 2010-02-06, 11:24am
I'd rather be torching.

I have been keeping up with this whole saga. Geesh! I could write my master's thesis on this stuff! BUT - The overriding sentiment is that this community sticks together and protects our own, which is wonderful. The LE community is a force to be reckoned with.

I would love to be a fly on the wall over in her town

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.
~Twyla Tharp
I know where I am. I've been lost here before.
Old 2010-02-06, 12:26pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by debb View Post
There's an australian lampwork artist named David Turner, so far I cant find James Roberts.
Did you contact him? If not, can you pm me what you found and I will. Thank you!

Old 2010-02-06, 12:29pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by effemess View Post
So did I Jamey.. the only David Turner I could come up with was a David and Kami Turner from Texas who used to have Imagine-jewelry.com...????
Did you contact them, if not, pm me and I can send an email, thank you.

Thank you Reenie

Old 2010-02-06, 1:57pm

PM'd you

#D45

Old 2010-02-07, 12:59am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Quote:
If your transaction never went through (I think the payment bounced before you shipped right?), then no. What a fiasco this has been.
Attempting to do something illegal is just as much a crime as being successful as doing something illegal. A bounced payment IS a crime, and considered an intent to defraud. So Yes, the information is helpful. It adds to the list of crimes thereby making it easier to charge more and bargain away less.

Hopefully someone in the polymer community will also advertise this situation.

So sorry to hear you all got attacked by such a person, and I'm grateful that you have shared because it teaches me lessons I don't have to learn the hard way.

Mona

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2010-02-07, 6:10am
The Andrea Half

Normally if someone's payment bounces, and they contact me, I give them the benefit of the doubt (though I won't ship until the payment goes through the second time). I've had payments bounce to others just because of electronic mayhem, and that's been the case when payments to me have bounced.

In THIS case, though, I would definitely pass on the information! There's a very clear pattern here of intent to defraud. I'm so glad you didn't get hurt by this woman, but any info will likely help the police. They can always discard it if they don't need it.

Old 2010-02-07, 9:33am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Well, color me wrong! I guess the person to ask is Kevin.

Old 2010-02-07, 9:46am

Boy am I impressed!! I just read this whole thread and think the FBI and CIA could learn a few things from this group. You are all so great!! I'm sorry for those of you who lost money but the word should go out...."leave LE members alone". What a wonderful group of people. Deb, you are a master detective. Kudos to everyone on a job well done. JaneyLynn..congrats.
Old 2010-02-07, 11:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdimatteo View Post
Boy am I impressed!! I just read this whole thread and think the FBI and CIA could learn a few things from this group. You are all so great!! I'm sorry for those of you who lost money but the word should go out...."leave LE members alone". What a wonderful group of people. Deb, you are a master detective. Kudos to everyone on a job well done. JaneyLynn..congrats.
Or perhaps the message should be "don't mess with people who AREN'T afraid of FIRE"

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-02-08, 9:32am
The Andrea Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Or perhaps the message should be "don't mess with people who AREN'T afraid of FIRE"

Or maybe, "Don't mess with people who are very respectful of fire and all it can do --- and who work with it ANYWAY."

Old 2010-02-08, 10:47am

all good!!
Old 2010-02-08, 10:55am

Wow. I've been following this thread since it started. I'm so sorry so many of you were scammed by this ho. But very impressed by your willingness to help so many others bring this wench to justice. I'm relatively new here but already know what a warm welcoming bunch you are, (and not to be messed with so please forgive my ignorance. I currently have many items up for sale on e-bay and accept only paypal for payment. I didn't know this could happen. How do I not accept e-checks? I don't remember opting out of something like this on paypal.

What great detectives you all are!
Old 2010-02-08, 6:13pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Kevin called me today. It looks like we will know where things are going by the middle of next week. I have put a detailed update in the chat room.

Old 2010-02-08, 6:44pm
Capp'in Fool

what chat room?

Old 2010-02-08, 7:03pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie_Renee View Post
what chat room?
This one:

Quote:
****IMPORTANT ~ CHANGED INFO****

Bless Deb's heart, she has the patiece of a saint. She has set up a chat board for us to use and I will be running it, so she has been answering a TON of questions for me, like how to use it You do not need to be a part of the case to join, anyone can join the chat we just need a place where we can openly talk.

The board we are using, I can't send invites out. Just go here http://lampworklegal.proboards.com/ and create an log-in. I will need to approve you. PM me the user name you chose to use. Then I can approve that user name. Thank you!

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-02-09, 8:26am

Dang it, that site is blocked from my work.

Could someone PM a copy of the update to me?
Old 2010-02-09, 11:30am
Temptress

David Turner is the PayPal name for LE member Ryan the Number Imp (with the fish murrinni/aquarium bead tutorials). I believe the PayPal is under his dads name because Ryan was too young to have his own account at the time.
PS - He's also Canadian so now I guess this is an international crime spree.

Last edited by SilverSage; 2010-02-09 at 12:06pm. Reason: add missing words :)
Old 2010-02-09, 12:05pm
The Andrea Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSage View Post
...snip...
PS - He's also Canadian so now I guess this is an international crime spree.

Ouch. This woman just kept digging a huge hole for herself, didn't she?

Old 2010-02-09, 1:08pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

We have a gal in Switzerland that got hit too.

Old 2010-02-09, 1:09pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

There are a couple accounts set up at the chat board that I do not recognize the names on them and I have not received a pm letting me know who you are. As soon as I receive the pm's so I can verify who you are, I will approve them. Thanks!

Old 2010-02-10, 1:54pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

There is another update on the chat board.

Old 2010-02-10, 1:58pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Also, the deputy will be releasing our stolen items likely tomorrow.

Kevin needs an email from anyone that is getting anything mailed back to them. He just needs the email to say that it is ok for Catt to pick the items up for you and she will be mailing them back.

Here is his email again: KMitchell@jaspercountysheriff.org

I can't say for sure, but Catt I would think will collect the postage amounts through paypal, please remember to do the paypal reverse fee thing out so that she is not out any money for postage.

I am going to paypal her some cash for gas money when she goes, it is going to be a 5+ hour round trip for her to make driving.

I'm sure Catt will post here how she wants to handle it.

Last edited by Howaco; 2010-02-10 at 2:07pm.
Old 2010-02-10, 2:06pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Kevin is glad that Catt will be shipping the items back, because he really has no clue what he is looking at.