LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-06-14, 10:02pm

Default Color charts Effetre, CiM, Reichenbach 104, Ornela, Lauscha and Kugler 104

My color chart project has reached a new milestone. I have made and printed a poster with color charts of Effetre, CiM, Reichenbach 104, Ornela, Lauscha and Kugler 104. The poster measures 29,7 cm by 84 cm.

Unfortunately it is not possible to send the poster abroad, it is to expensive in packaging and shipping for a poster worth €5,=
But I am coming to the Gathering this year and I will bring a bunch of posters with me. If you want to be sure to get one, let me know and I will reserve them for you.

My color chart project is an ongoing project. Glass manufacturers develop new colors all the time, so my charts are being updated all the time. I will update the charts on my website and I will reprint the poster in time.

If there are any colors that you miss on my charts, please feel free to donate a rod of this color for updating.

You can see the colorcharts on my website.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Miriam; 2013-09-08 at 2:36am.
Old 2010-06-15, 3:25am
LE cat whisperer

I really really really really really really really really would like to buy one of your posters. However, it doesn't look like I will be going to The Gathering in Rochester. I was wondering if you would be shipping some of your posters when your in the states(Wishful thinking, I know..lol)? If that is a possibility I definitely would like to reserve two of them. I've printed out what you have already, but having the poster with everything would make me sooo happy!! No pressure by the way.

Tanya Harness-Floyd

Website ~
~
~
Old 2010-06-15, 5:46am
BeadsonCypress

me too...

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2010-06-15, 6:01am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Hi Miriam!! I just spent a good while enjoying your color charts!! They are Fabulous!! Much better representation of the colors than any that I've seen - and I love your use of the lentil format. Thank you so very much for sharing your hard work with us. Terrific!!!!! Cheers! Joan P. S. I still read and enjoy your GLASSS book too - really well done and wonderful to see all of the talent in a fresh, new way! I have never regretted buying it!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-06-15, 6:04am
Glass & Parrots = Heaven

I also would love to get this poster.

Best Bud Cosmo - Eclectus Parrot
Old 2010-06-15, 6:17am

I, too, would love to have one of these. Not sure I can make the gathering, but will be checking with friends to see who's going.
Joan
Old 2010-06-15, 8:46am

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2canoe View Post
Hi Miriam!! I just spent a good while enjoying your color charts!! They are Fabulous!! Much better representation of the colors than any that I've seen - and I love your use of the lentil format. Thank you so very much for sharing your hard work with us. Terrific!!!!! Cheers! Joan P. S. I still read and enjoy your GLASSS book too - really well done and wonderful to see all of the talent in a fresh, new way! I have never regretted buying it!
Thanks Joan, I am glad you enjoy the book.

It will be difficult to send them while being at the gathering. Maybe someone you know is going and can get you one.

I will try and think of a way to get you a colorchart and if you have a suggestion, lets hear it.

|
Old 2010-06-15, 9:18am
needs creative tagline

perhaps we could find someone who is going to the gathering and would be willing to do a "bulk buy" of these and mail them out to everyone afterwards?

laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2010-06-15, 10:16am
Glass & Parrots = Heaven

I Definitely would participate in a group buy. Good idea, the trick is to find someone who is going and who is willing to do this.

Best Bud Cosmo - Eclectus Parrot
Old 2010-06-15, 11:17am

Wow Miriam. Those are awesome!!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-06-15, 2:50pm

Miriam I love your color charts, I could sit and make a wish list all afternoon after looking at them. If anyone is willing to put together a bulk buy of some sort I would really like to get one of the posters.
Alecia
Old 2010-06-15, 9:40pm

I am limited to 23 kg of luggage. I have to juggle a bit with my cabin luggage I guess.
Besides the posters I have to bring a few books with me.

If someone would organize a bulk buy, that would be the best way I think.

|
Old 2010-06-17, 9:19am
needs creative tagline

hmmmm, if we did a bulk buy, would the shipping be more affordable since you could ship a bunch at once? then you wouldn't have to haul them all over here in your luggage

laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2010-06-17, 9:26am
BeadsonCypress

Would these need to be rolled or folded? I might be able to coordinate a bulk buy, it just would be easier if they folded and fit into a large mailing envelope. If not I would need to research mailing tubes....

Old 2010-06-17, 9:28am
Happy Beadmaker!

I'd love one too -- is there anyway to have it available at one of the online publishers like MOO or (dang, can't remember the other one right now)???

~
~
~
Old 2010-06-17, 10:03am
Remember to keep smiling

Oh me too! Oh me too! I would love one also.

SRA#P109
Old 2010-06-17, 11:23am
BeadsonCypress

Vista Print also will allow you to upload files.

Old 2010-06-17, 1:02pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

I would love to go on a bulk buy list as well!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-06-17, 1:39pm
Angel's Mom

I would go in the a bulk buy, too!
Old 2010-06-17, 1:43pm
Bead Crone

Miriam, these are wonderful!
Old 2010-06-17, 2:05pm
glass HOmey

Susan, if you did a bulk buy for them, I'd pay extra to have it shipped in a tube rather than have it creased. Beautiful job, Miriam!

Old 2010-06-17, 3:45pm
BeadsonCypress

OK, if Miriam and I can work it out, I will host the bulk buy...I will start checking on tubes, it's really the right way to do this.....Miriam what are the measurements of the chart rolled up?

Old 2010-06-17, 4:02pm
It's all about the color.

Nicely done!

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-06-17, 9:16pm

Thanks everybody.

The posters should definitely be shipped in a tube. The poster measures 29,7 cm by 84 cm and weight is about 40 grams per poster.

Shipping from here is €19,95 for a package less then 2 kg and uninsured. The only way to send insured is by FedEx or UPS and that would be around €80,=

I can bring some posters with me, but not to much. I looked into Café Press, but they charge ridiculous prices. Vista Print doesn't print the size the poster is made on.

I am so sorry not to be able to get you all a poster in a simple way.

|
Old 2010-06-18, 9:31am

What happens if you upload it to Lulu.com or somewhere like that and make it public. That way, a person can order it from home and have it shipped to their house? Kind of like making a book public. Would that work?
That took a huge amount of time Miriam and you did a great job!

Old 2010-06-18, 11:00am

First of all, I made the poster in a format on European measurements which the companies like Lulu, Vista Print and Café Press don't make. This would only work if I made a totally new layout.

Secondly, they charge outrages prices for printing. If I could find a printing on demand company which would print the size I made the poster for, I don't want you to pay over $25 for this poster.

The only option I see now is that someone organizes a bulk buy and I will bring the posters to Rochester.

|
Old 2010-06-18, 6:56pm
BeadsonCypress

OK, I have all the figures for the Bulk Buy except for the cost of the poster. Once you get to the US the posters can be shipped down to me in NJ (one state away) and I will take care of the rest. Miriam once you PM or post the cost of the poster, I can post the Bulk Buy....then folks can start to PM me. What is the latest date we can give you the number of posters needed? PM me if you like. Susan

Old 2010-06-19, 5:50am

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

I would really like a poster - I live in Bermuda but can have it shipped to an address in NY and will get forwarded to me (at my own expense) from there. Pls add me to the list.
Old 2010-06-19, 8:05am
I'd rather be torching.

I will be watching as well, and would participate in a bulk buy!

Thank you in advance Susan and Miriam!

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.
~Twyla Tharp
I know where I am. I've been lost here before.
Old 2010-06-19, 8:15am
Bead Crone

Sorry to be late to the party, but...wouldn't it be easier for Miriam to just bring the file of the poster on a flash drive or something, and then have it printed here in the States at a Kinko's or similar?