Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-12-04, 10:46am
Mary Lockwood

Default Brand New Tutorial!! Sculptural Birds - 14.00

You can click here to purchase in my shop!

19 pages with step-by-step illustrated instructions.

Over 100 photos

4MB Instant Download
$10

For the first time with Video Support! I have taken video of the trickiest part of this tutorial and a link is provided in the tutorial.

* Materials List
* Silver Glass Bluebird with variations
* Northern Cardinal
* Chickadee
* Green Bird on a mandrel with pre-made offhand wing attachment w/
video support
* Extra wing design

marylockwood.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Moth; 2013-02-05 at 10:32am.
Old 2008-12-04, 11:32am
Trying to Hope!

Looks Awesome Mary

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2008-12-04, 11:35am
Critter Mom

I want, I want...I want. But I'm gonna have to wait till after Christmas shopping and see if I have any $$ left.

Old 2008-12-04, 11:37am
Dichro Addict

Those are so cute! I love that blue one. Those would make great Christmas ornaments!!

Old 2008-12-04, 11:49am
X-Country Mom

Mary,
Your tutorials are always terrific

Thank You

Mary Pat

Old 2008-12-04, 5:16pm
Mary Lockwood

Thanks you guys!

For anyone interested, there is a 4 page pdf sample on the purchase page of my site. It contains the materials list, which is very generic for this one. There really aren't any special tools or odd glass you have to have for these.

Hope you have fun working on them.

Lenora, yes especially the cardinals make nice ornaments.

Thanks again!
~~Mary

Old 2008-12-04, 6:14pm

Wonderful !

Old 2008-12-04, 7:45pm
Mad about Glass

Mary, I love your instant download system - there's nothing better than instant gratification, no waiting.

Thanks
Jenn

[url]

Old 2008-12-04, 8:08pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Dang.

It.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2008-12-04, 8:48pm
just another tool fool...

Simply awesome tutorial and the video is wonderful! Thanks, Mary!

Click banner for my Etsy:

Old 2008-12-04, 8:54pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Aaahhhhhh!! You guys are killing me!

Mary is this one done in soft glass?

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-04, 10:10pm
Mary Lockwood

Yes, it is soft glass, but I make the same birds in boro and the process is the same...just the boro is more thermally stable of course. LOL But no...it doesn't include any cool boro color recipes or anything like that.

~~Mary

Old 2008-12-04, 10:12pm
Mary Lockwood

Jenn, thanks. I love the instant download thing too! I don't like people having to wait if they happen to order from the other side of the world while I'm sleeping!

~~Mary

Last edited by Moth; 2008-12-04 at 11:01pm.
Old 2008-12-04, 10:18pm
Mary Lockwood

Chris...is the dang it because you want it or because something went wrong?

Maria, thanks for the kudos...glad you liked it.

I've gotten all positive response to the video so far. I can add more as I get to them, they are fun to make.

~~Mary

Old 2008-12-05, 2:45am

Got Mine and got one for a christmas present to a friend! Thank you Mary!
Jen
Old 2008-12-05, 6:51am
Mary Lockwood

Hi Jen!

Thanks so much I hope you enjoy it!
~~Mary

Old 2008-12-05, 4:28pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Chris...is the dang it because you want it or because something went wrong?
~~Mary
Dang it...the wants, you know...covetting is bad for the soul.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2008-12-05, 5:14pm
da General

Mary - I have always loved your birds! Great tute!!!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-12-05, 5:29pm
Mary Lockwood

Thank you very much! I know the jellyfish tutorial is probably the 'big one' for me, but the birds tutorial was my favorite to actually put together and work on. I really enjoyed it.

I love it when a plan comes together!
~~Mary

Old 2008-12-14, 6:48am
Lover of all things color

As always a great tutorial Mary and full of little tips and tricks. Thanks for sharing.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-28, 6:13pm
Mary Lockwood

Thanks, Jan, I appreciate it!

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I missed your post.
~~Mary

Old 2009-01-02, 7:46pm

Great tutorial Mary! Can't wait to try it out!
Old 2009-01-02, 7:51pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

same here!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-02, 8:04pm
Hole Challenged

I just made my first cardinal today only on an itty bitty scale, want to make some into earrings for my SIL. The tutorial is sooooo easy to follow ... thanks Mary!

Old 2009-01-02, 8:18pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

ooh pics Melodie!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-02, 8:19pm
moth to the flame

That is a great idea! I need to start out itty bitty too just to see if I can do it!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-01-02, 8:36pm
Hole Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
ooh pics Melodie!
I'll take some tomorrow and post them here. They are too cute, could fit a few on a dime.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:46pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

You know what? I hadn't noticed that Mary includes a link to a video tutorial with this one. What a nice little extra.

--
--
--

Old 2009-01-02, 8:47pm
are we there yet?

Mary, I bought this the other day and finally got a minute to look through it. Can't wait to actually sit at the torch and try my newbie hand at it. You make it look so easy, though.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well make beads. jazz
Old 2009-01-02, 8:48pm
da General

I made a few Mary birds this week! My first one was a tad overweight, lol! I will take pix and post them next week!

|
|
|
|