Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-08-15, 7:00am

Default UK Bead Makers

We're just getting our programs in the UK up and running and would really like to get the local bead makers involved. There will be a central location in the UK to send your donations so you won't have to worry about international shipping. If you want to join in drop me a PM and we'll get started.
Thanks for all you do for Beads of Courage!

Robert
Old 2011-08-15, 9:27am

sent you a PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#D45
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-08-16, 11:05am

sent you a pm, have posted a link on one of the UK forums

Last edited by CoastalBeads; 2011-08-16 at 11:11am.
Old 2011-08-16, 11:53am

Karen-thanks for helping to spread the word.

Robert
Old 2011-08-16, 2:09pm

Ahh fantastic news off to send a PM

-
-
-
-
Old 2011-08-16, 2:13pm

Can you clarify a little: will the beads be staying in the UK to go to UK hospitals? Just the way you said it could be read two ways, with the mention of a central location to avoid US shipping!

Thanks for getting it up and running - we've been waiting to hear how it was going to work after the UK website went up
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-08-16, 5:22pm

Sorry if my post was a little misleading. Typically US beads all go to Tucson for re-distribution. The opening of the UK programs means that we're hoping to have enough local beaders to support everything at home, which means we're opening a donation address in the UK. UK beads will stay there and we'll supplement where needed from the US. I'm beginning to get a good response as more UK beaders find out and join in.
Thanks very much!
Robert
Old 2011-08-17, 2:49am
Does it in Pyjamas.......

Well I can make loads of purple hearts, I love purple, bring it on !

Ruth x
Old 2011-08-17, 2:53am

I have pmed you, Robert.

You can't shine if you don't burn
Old 2011-08-17, 4:18am

Mee too!

My Photobucket:

My Blog: