No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-07-07, 11:09pm
Naysayer

Default What 104 Pink?

I'm really out of the loop with pink. I need a pink that holds it's color well under encasement. An opaque, but if I need a combo of opaque encased with a trans that's ok.
I have gelly's sty, that's it Gelly's gets washed out. I've tried rubino over it also, still washed out.

Perhaps http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...D=120&pID=1641
opal raspberry?

Oh also, is there a vendor that sells Reichenbach by the rod?
Old 2014-07-08, 4:52am

Chestnut Ridge Designs did a pink comparison and you can find it at this link: http://www.chestnutridgedesigns.com/....aspx?bp_id=21
I don't know if this will help or not. I tend to use the Pink Dark Alabaster (Effetre) 591380, but it does have a lot of bubbles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-07-08, 11:06am

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadtress38 View Post
Chestnut Ridge Designs did a pink comparison and you can find it at this link: http://www.chestnutridgedesigns.com/....aspx?bp_id=21
I don't know if this will help or not. I tend to use the Pink Dark Alabaster (Effetre) 591380, but it does have a lot of bubbles.
I love Chestnut Ridge's site, so much information. You may also try
http://www.devardiglass.com/chart.html

I love their glass colors, and they offer a combo color pack on Ebay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_
Old 2014-07-08, 11:12pm
Naysayer

Thank you!

I cannot use alabaster though since I'll be encasing it. I do remember now what a lovely pink it is.
Old 2014-07-09, 12:15am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

EDP reads as pink when it is encased in clear.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2014-07-09, 12:37am
one day at a time

How about the Reichenbach 104 pinks? Can anyone make a good solid color spacer with it without those annoying little streaks?
Old 2014-07-09, 12:21pm
Glass-aholic

I like opal raspberry it's a mauve-y pink. Nice. Might try this with a small layer of pink frit and then encase? I have some great luck with certain 96 colors encased (sandwiched) with 104.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-07-12, 12:34am
Naysayer

EDP! Lori that's brilliant. Now I need to buy more lol!

I'm going to order some opal Raspberry as well.