LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-07-01, 4:52pm
Dianne Gleaton

Default Anyone know Christina from FenGBeads?

Is anyone familiar with Christina Steensel of FenGBeads? She has tutorials for sale at:http://www.etsy.com/shop/FenGBeads?ref=seller_info I purchased the second floral tutorial first. She attempted to send it to me according to Christina, but I never got it. In attempts to resolve it, I went ahead and purchased the first floral tut, got it fine. Except somehow I paid for it twice thru PayPal....now I can't get her to respond to me for the missing tutorial and the refund of $25 which I mistakenly sent twice. I have tried to contact her daily for the past 5 days, asking for refund for the second floral tut and the overpay. No repsonse is coming from her. Her Etsy site is open for business, so she is not on vacation that I can tell. I purchase quite a few tutorials from so many talented ladies and gentlemen, as I have no local classes available to me. This is the first time I feel I have been abused this way and don't know what action I can take. Any suggestions? I am going to notify Pay Pal of this of course, possibly Etsy also. I hate to take this type of action but $50 could buy some nice glass, or other tuts that I covet. This incident began about 10 days ago so I feel I have been fair in trying to resolve this issue. Hoping someone has suggestions as to how I should proceed. Dianne
Old 2013-07-01, 5:51pm

I think she's "Chrissy" here on LE. Maybe send her a PM here?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-01, 6:04pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

She tends to go MIA like this from time to time. Search Feng and you will see the threads.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2013-07-02, 1:42am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
She tends to go MIA like this from time to time. Search Feng and you will see the threads.
Before you hit the "submit reply" of a statement like this, you should realize what it looks like. You're trying to make Chrissy look like a bad seller, which she is not. If you are going to write something like that, you should followed it up with, " she has been known to be slow with answering emails, convos, or PMs, but you will hear back from her and you will get your refund".

Diane, I never had any problems with her, and she has sent out a frit package twice to me to ensure that I would get one of them. I never read anything about her ripping anyone off, so I would give it more time. You will hear back from her soon. If in doubt about a seller, it would be a big help to read their feedback and also look at the number of sales they have had. Chrissy has had 1183 sales and her feedback is near perfect. IMHO, that is a pretty reliable seller. You don't need to worry about not getting a refund on the overpayment, she will take care of it. In the meantime, keep trying to get in in touch with her. Try Facebook too.

Last edited by Lisi; 2013-07-02 at 1:51am.
Old 2013-07-02, 4:39am

I think Squid's reply is perfectly reasonable Lisi. She is not rehashing anything, just saying do a search and see what is out there.
Old 2013-07-02, 8:18am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisi View Post
I never read anything about her ripping anyone off
Maybe you're on the wrong side of doing business with her. Some people are not as lucky.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2013-07-02, 4:39pm

I wish I could speak English well enough to explain what I'm thinking. Unfortunately I can't, so I've decided to not write my comment.

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2013-07-02, 4:50pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Lisi, perhaps you should be the one doing a thread search.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2013-07-02, 4:54pm
Storm Queen

I was going to give you some advice but I see you no longer need it.

Old 2013-07-02, 8:00pm
Tweedle Dumb

I'm so happy someone finally put Squid in her place. Clearly she was out of line to point to all of the other threads that have a similar theme with this seller. >need sarcasm font<

PS, even if she does eventually square up with everyone that is owed items, it doesn't make it right. Taking months to respond to questions from customers that are concerned, isn't acceptable. We all know customs and shipping from her take time, but sending an email is quick, easy and can help avoid threads like this. There's just no excuse any more.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2013-07-02, 8:17pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbeads View Post
Maybe you're on the wrong side of doing business with her. Some people are not as lucky.

-D
This! ^^^^^

For every one of these threads, there were many, many more who didn't go public with their problem. You do the math!

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-07-02, 8:31pm
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie lynne View Post
I'm so happy someone finally put Squid in her place. Clearly she was out of line to point to all of the other threads that have a similar theme with this seller. >need sarcasm font<

PS, even if she does eventually square up with everyone that is owed items, it doesn't make it right. Taking months to respond to questions from customers that are concerned, isn't acceptable. We all know customs and shipping from her take time, but sending an email is quick, easy and can help avoid threads like this. There's just no excuse any more.
Thank goodness I saw the >need sarcasm font< before I hit the submit button.

Old 2013-07-02, 8:34pm
Tweedle Dumb

I knew Squid would know I was kidding, but to save my ass in situations like this, I always make sure I specify that I am being sarcastic.

Learned that lesson the hard way.

Old 2013-07-03, 12:12am
><>

Quote:
Before you hit the "submit reply" of a statement like this, you should realize what it looks like. You're trying to make Chrissy look like a bad seller, which she is not. If you are going to write something like that, you should followed it up with, " she has been known to be slow with answering emails, convos, or PMs, but you will hear back from her and you will get your refund".

Diane, I never had any problems with her, and she has sent out a frit package twice to me to ensure that I would get one of them. I never read anything about her ripping anyone off, so I would give it more time. You will hear back from her soon. If in doubt about a seller, it would be a big help to read their feedback and also look at the number of sales they have had. Chrissy has had 1183 sales and her feedback is near perfect. IMHO, that is a pretty reliable seller. You don't need to worry about not getting a refund on the overpayment, she will take care of it. In the meantime, keep trying to get in in touch with her. Try Facebook too.
None of these statements you made here are your place to make,
and you don't know for sure that this customer will get their order or their money back.
Unless of course you are willing to back it up by paying for the order when
your surefire advice doesn't pan out.
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2013-07-03, 2:06am
one day at a time

Apparently, no one wants to bother to check the seller's feedback where she sells these tutorials?? Just because she had problems way back in the past doesn't mean she has them now. I don't see any problems with her feedback, and I must repeat this once again - she has sold 1183 items from this shop. Oh hell...that is a LOT! Don'tcha think???

just sayin'

Edited: Well..well..well... Look at what y'all did. Encouraged this buyer to leave three negatives in Chrissy's shop. After only 10 days?! That is just wrong. I have had to deal with bad sellers from time to time just like everyone else has, and I give a lot more time than 10 days for them to correct a problem. Those bad marks in her shop really look out of place, since the rest of her feedback is very good. The shop was opened in 2008, 1183 sales which is a LOT, and just the two neutrals...poo... Why would anyone give bad marks on a business like this?? It's because of the pack mentality of this place. It never ceases to amaze me.

Has this buyer tried to contact her through Facebook?? I doubt it.

Last edited by Lisi; 2013-07-03 at 3:00am.
Old 2013-07-03, 4:36am

Lisi, you are wrong.
Old 2013-07-03, 5:19am
one day at a time

How is her feedback on Etsy wrong?? I'm not talking about the recent negatives. I mean the feedback before that. Believe me, if a seller rips people off, they will have a score of bad feedback to tell those stories. I just don't see that here, and I don't need to see these ancient LE threads to make any judgments. Her current Etsy feedback is what really matters here, but as of very recently, it's screwed. I hope this incident gets straightened out with the Kiss and Make Up. It's the right thing for both of them to do. According to Diane, it's only been 10 days. Leaving bad feedback this soon is a bit hasty.

I got in touch with Chrissy on FB a few hours ago, and she said that she had already paid Diane the refund for the overpayment. I don't think Chrissy has any reason to lie to me. I'm sorry, but screwing with a person's livelihood, THAT is wrong. Whatever happened to patience and giving someone the benefit of the doubt? Especially when the seller has great feedback?? People need to make their judgments about a seller based on that alone. Because many times the crap that people say about each other in these LE threads is NOT true. Most of them are spouting their opinions on just one side of the story. I prefer to look at BOTH sides.

You're comparing Chrissy to Jo-Del and Spiral Dance. That's wrong too.

Last edited by Lisi; 2013-07-03 at 5:34am.
Old 2013-07-03, 5:33am
Tomato Killer

Quote:
Why would anyone give bad marks on a business like this?? It's because of the pack mentality of this place.
Do you not see the irony in your remarks?
Old 2013-07-03, 5:36am

Lisi I am not a pack. I am a person. I believe you are wrong, based on personal experience and observation over time. You obviously have the right to your own opinions, as do I.

Dianne, I do hope you get your issues resolved to your satisfaction. I think it is likely, but it should not be this hard.
Old 2013-07-03, 5:40am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiaB View Post
Do you not see the irony in your remarks?
No irony, just stating facts. Dropping negatives on a shop which has good feedback is just not fair. Whether it's is Chrissy's shop, or anyone else for that matter.

They love to trash vendors in this forum. Sometimes they should, but many times they shouldn't. I don't think Chrissy deserves this.
Old 2013-07-03, 5:42am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
Dianne, I do hope you get your issues resolved to your satisfaction. I think it is likely, but it should not be this hard.
According to Chrissy, she got her refund and received it promptly. I told Chrissy I thought it would be best if she came here to this thread to straighten this out publicly.
Old 2013-07-03, 5:46am
Tweedle Dumb

An Email saying "hey, I'm working on it Going to try XYZ next, let me know if it works" would have prevented it, so.. Uhhh... That's not asking too much.

It's a tutorial. That's an email. That's not a shipping issue, that's a communication issue.

Old 2013-07-03, 5:46am
Tomato Killer

Quote:
Dropping negatives on a shop which has good feedback is just not fair.
That = pack mentality. A bad experience is a bad experience, no matter how many people have had good experiences.
Old 2013-07-03, 5:49am
Tweedle Dumb

She should also take advantage of Etsy's instant download feature, as well. That would save some heartache.

Old 2013-07-03, 6:09am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiaB View Post
A bad experience is a bad experience, no matter how many people have had good experiences.
I understand what you are saying and to an extent, that is true. But you don't chalk up an experience to be a bad one which is deserving of a negative after just 10 days.

If it was me, I would keep trying to contact the seller for 3-4 weeks, and when it gets close to the end of that 45 days, I would then file the dispute in Paypal. I would give the seller plenty of time to fix whatever needs fixing before I go to the extreme and leave negatives in their shop ratings.

Maybe I'm just a nicer person than most, I guess. I know that I'm a lot more patient than most.

Quote:
She should also take advantage of Etsy's instant download feature, as well. That would save some heartache.
Good idea. I will get in touch with her on Facebook and mention this suggestion.

Last edited by Lisi; 2013-07-03 at 6:11am.
Old 2013-07-03, 6:24am
Tweedle Dumb

Did I miss this? I don't see those names mentioned anywhere in this thread.

Quote:
You're comparing Chrissy to Jo-Del and Spiral Dance. That's wrong too.

Old 2013-07-03, 6:26am

If you purchase from someone on Etsy, you should not have to chase them to Facebook or LE, or any other place, to communicate. It is the seller's responsibility to run an efficient business, for the benefit of themselves and the customer. This is true for Chrissy, and anyone else.
Old 2013-07-03, 7:04am

Lisi, PM'ed you a story.

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2013-07-03, 7:09am
one day at a time

Quote:
Did I miss this? I don't see those names mentioned anywhere in this thread.
They don't have to be. Everyone here know that once you diss a person's business on here, they might as well be compared to Jo-Del and Spiral Dance. Everyone knows those stories. That's how it is on LE, and I'm not the only one who feels that way.

When you trash a business on here, you are putting up a big sign that says, "Buyer Beware!". If you don't want to do that, then you just don't bring up a vendor's name in public. I was just saying that it's too bad that this has to happen to Chrissy when she was obviously trying to run an honest business in her shop on Etsy. If she wasn't doing right by her customers, then her feedback would say otherwise.
Old 2013-07-03, 7:14am
Tomato Killer

Quote:
I understand what you are saying and to an extent, that is true. But you don't chalk up an experience to be a bad one which is deserving of a negative after just 10 days.

If it was me, I would keep trying to contact the seller for 3-4 weeks, and when it gets close to the end of that 45 days, I would then file the dispute in Paypal. I would give the seller plenty of time to fix whatever needs fixing before I go to the extreme and leave negatives in their shop ratings.

Maybe I'm just a nicer person than most, I guess. I know that I'm a lot more patient than most.
If you are an outlier in your approach, all the more reason for a vendor to address and resolve issues in a timelier fashion, IMO. I'd agree that most people prefer to make other uses of their time and energy.