LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-10-23, 3:51am

Default Electroformed Glass Cabochon Pendants Tutorial

I finally got my tutorial listed in my Etsy shop!

37 pages and 74 photos on creating off-mandrel cabochons (both hard and soft) as well as assembling and electroforming the pendants. This is not a step by step tutorial on basic electroforming, but rather using that process to create a pendant. If someone is interested, but does not own the set-up, Glass Diversions is one source for a kit.

I was the glass maker/author/photographer (taking one's own pictures WHILE working the glass is hard ) and DH was the "editor". I think he took his job too seriously....at one point I informed him that if he picked up that pen one more time I was NOT going to be held responsible for the condition of his pen-holding fingers Not to worry, they're still in good shape

I almost forgot!!!! Just in case you are interested...here's a link to my Etsy Shop http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5123636

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kim V; 2008-10-23 at 3:57pm.
Old 2008-10-23, 5:49am
Dangerous Woman

OH! Hurry up payday!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-10-23, 2:04pm
Hole Challenged

Woo-Hoo!

Congrats on finishing the tutorial Kim!!!! It looks fantastic.

Old 2008-10-23, 2:56pm

It is sold out Will there be any more? xiola

Old 2008-10-23, 3:56pm

Xiola Blue,
My bad...that link was to the first set that I had up Here's the link to my shop http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5123636 I had originally only put up a few, but if you go to the main shop area, you can see what I have listed now.
Thanks!!
Kim V

Old 2008-10-24, 12:04pm
Dangerous Woman

Ordered mine!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-10-25, 10:39am

Looking forward to it Kim!

Sals
Old 2008-10-28, 6:47pm

Thank you to all that have purchased my tutorial! I hope you're enjoying it!

Old 2008-10-29, 2:07pm

If you don't already own an electroforming setup.....there's one for sale right now in the Garage!! http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=109718

Old 2009-01-02, 7:55pm
Hole Challenged

I'd love to see some pics of things people have been making with this tutorial. I have the setup and my own cabs but have been too chicken to try this yet.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:00pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Wow beautiful!
Old 2009-01-02, 8:16pm
Duchess of Dichro

Be brave Melodie , bet yours will be great

Old 2009-01-02, 8:30pm
Hole Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliedana1 View Post
Be brave Melodie , bet yours will be great

Thanks Leslie! I've been dragging my feet on this forever. Figured if I waited long enough Kim would just fly down here and make me do it.

Buuuut since she hasn't showed up yet I guess I'm on my own.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:49pm
She's Back & Burnin'

I love this tutorial! The work is sooo feminine!

Old 2009-01-03, 11:27am

Thanks all!! Feminie...what a nice description, thank you!!
Melodie, be careful what you wish for....you may just end up with a visitor. But we both know, it would NEVER be in the summer And I'd LOVE to see your cabs in your own creations. I know you have all the goodies to make them, now I want to see the goods

Old 2009-01-03, 2:48pm

This is a FAB tutorial Kim!
And people if you were having trouble with implosions this is the best explanation of how to do one that I have seen anywhere! I could tell reading the tut that Kim used to teach third graders!
Her instructions are fool proof!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-07, 1:29pm

Blushing here, Paula One thing I was very good at (if I can say so myself) was task analysis BTW, I just put a trio of some filigrees into my supply shop (like the ones I used in my Solar Flares pendant).

Old 2009-01-07, 2:03pm
da General

I got mine . . . can't wait to try!

BTW, Kim, I found your resources page AFTER bothering you with my questions! Sorry!

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-01-07, 3:00pm

No problem, Hayley! Anytime I can be of help!