Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-04-16, 4:06am

Default NEW! Encased Rose Tutorial

Hi everyone! I've just finished my first tutorial on how to make encased roses and it's now available in my etsy store

This tutorial is made up of three parts and will show you how to create a fully encased rose bead, including the canes and twisties needed to create the bead. It assumes knowledge of pulling stringers, making twisties, and encasing.

The tutorial uses COE 104 glass and will require the following basic tools: 2 uncoated mandrels, 1 coated mandrel, serrated tweezers, glass cutters, and a graphite paddle.

Each purchase will receive 2 versions of the tutorial, 1 full version (the pretty one!) and 1 printer friendly version to help save on ink. The full version tutorial is 1.51MB, 22 pages long, and contains 74 step by step photographs. There is also a photo summary page for easy torch-side reference The price is $18 and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader (both are free PDF reading software). The tutorial will be emailed to you within 24 hours of payment.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me I hope you enjoy the tutorial. Thanks everyone!

Vanessa

http://veeanca.etsy.com
Attached Images

Vanessa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-04-16, 3:00pm
I need more boro stuff

Thumbs up

I have this tutorial, very clear step by step...

Thanks Venessa.

Old 2009-04-17, 9:49am

Vanessa - I got your tutorial and love it! Very nicely done and there are some good tricks and tips I can hardly wait to try. I would highly recommend this tutorial.

Old 2009-04-17, 6:53pm

Thank you Yunita and Lisa. I'm so glad you like the tutorial! Make sure to post pics if you make any beads... I'd love to see your work

Vanessa

|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-04-18, 8:13am

Excellent work, great tutorial,
Thanks
Antonie
Old 2009-04-20, 5:08pm
Mad about Glass

This is an excellent tutorial - very well-written and laid out superbly. Well done Vanessa!!

Jenn

[url]

Old 2009-04-20, 5:12pm
offically down under

Word on what everyone else has said. What I especially like are the printing options. Vanessa has it set up so you can print the tutorial with just the text and then you can print the 3 pages of small photos so when you are making the bead, you can refresh with the step by step photos without having to turn a lot of pages. Sure saves on printer ink.

Old 2009-04-20, 9:55pm

Thanks Antonie, Jenn and Tammy

Here are a couple of other beads which I made that use the same technique. A long focal barrel shaped bead and the other is a lentil... I love the effect that is achieved when the rose is smooshed a little against a press.
Attached Images

Vanessa

|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-04-21, 4:49pm
offically down under

For a first attempt, I am so pleased with the results.

Old 2009-04-23, 11:24am
Yeller Rose

WOW!! Just read thru my tutorial and it is really well done and easy steps to follow. I have every rose tutorial there is but still strugling. I decided I will just colect them all. :0) I am headed to the torch ASAP! Barb
Old 2009-06-06, 7:11am
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

Vanessa, you are a great mentor. I absolutely love your encased rose tutorial.
Thanks a million. YOU ROCK GIRL!

I highly recommend your tutorial...and this is coming from a novice at encasing flowers. The steps are easy to follow and it worked for me

I'm still pinching myself that I'm able to torch the following beads...the roses gave it more depth. There are 3 froggies and 3 roses on each bead. I made grass design instead of the vine.