LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-12-20, 11:48am
Resident hippie

6.50pm nearly here. Any time now - I'm sure. . .

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-12-20, 11:52am

Ladies, check your inbox.

Last edited by alphamare; 2010-12-20 at 11:55am.
Old 2010-12-20, 11:56am
Resident hippie

Thanks Alphamare! It just arrived.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-12-20, 11:59am
Live and Let Live

But awaiting the download to finish is a whole 'nother story.
ETA: I must have had a bad connection the first try because it was very fast when I retried. Thanks Kim! Can't wait to read it .

Last edited by GlassGalore; 2010-12-20 at 12:49pm.
Old 2010-12-20, 12:11pm
da General

It's simply amazing! Thank you, Kim, for sharing.

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-12-20, 12:15pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I am already working on my first design inspired by her tutorial, it is fantastic, thank you!

Old 2010-12-20, 12:23pm

Hey guys -- sorry I couldn't get to this thread sooner to let you know it was on the way; I had a lot of last-minute stuff to take care of on the technical end and I'm operating on 48 hours with NO sleep, so I'm a little crispy today.

All preorders have been sent out. I want to thank you all again for the enthusiasm -- your excitement about this really made my week, and I hope you all enjoy it and find a lot of inspiration in it. Any problems with anything, drop me an email or shoot me a PM here on LE.

Oh -- one thing I do want to mention. I am aware there are 2 blank pages in the PDF. I'm sorry about that, but they are intentional so no material is missing from your copy. I did that for formatting purposes, so that the PDF could be printed out in book form, with facing pages. I couldn't figure out how to take them out of the PDF without ruining the pagination and indexing, so use them to jot down fabulous bead ideas or something, OK? Sorry.

I need to get a little sleep, but will address any technical or other problems as soon as I wake up later.

You're all sweethearts. Thanks again so much.

Old 2010-12-20, 12:29pm
Resident hippie

You know Kim - I had a vision of you doing last minute tweaks. . .
You're forgiven!
Just as it arrived DH tells me dinner is ready. So I had to wait til now.

OMG it is gorgeous!

Sleep well - you deserve it. And thanks again!

Old 2010-12-20, 12:43pm
Flaming my life away

Thank you so much, Kim. This is an amazing retrospective; just to have all your bead designs in one place is a gift. The tech notes at the end look really helpful. Thanks again for all the effort you put into this and the sale price. Forgive us for being so antsy. Get some well deserved sleep while the rest of us wear ourselves out at the torch. Woo Hoo!
Old 2010-12-20, 1:13pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

downloading as we speak, this feels like unwrapping a fabulous present!

Old 2010-12-20, 1:36pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

amazing. I am speechless! What a fantastic book of art.

Old 2010-12-20, 1:42pm
Burning Fingers!

Wow, wow, wow, . . .. . just WOW! I have skimmed through, and it is fantastic - thanks so much Kim!

/
/
/

Old 2010-12-20, 1:59pm
Corgi Cult Member

Yep, I've looked like ^ since it arrived! Beautiful!! Thanks Kim!

Old 2010-12-20, 2:53pm
Serenity Now!

It is beautiful ~ a real treasure. Thanks so much Kim.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2010-12-20, 3:04pm

Kim, it's gorgeous! I'm trying to think of words that would do it justice, but can't. Just a lot of ooooooohing and aaaaaaahing. All I can say is...WOW!

Old 2010-12-20, 3:07pm
Tweedle Dumb

It is really breath taking! Fantastic! I can't wait to get my hard copy book that I just ordered. That will be January... but until then I have my computer. VERY inspirational.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-12-20, 3:15pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

I'm only about a quarter of the way through and all I can say is WOW! This is truly a feast for the eyes!! Gorgeous pictures plus glass info. Just wonderful!

Thanks so much Kim for taking the time to put this together. A wonderful way to spend the afternoon. A cup of mocha latte and awesome eye candy to drool over!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2010-12-21, 4:34am
Knob Creek Glass

The Color Archive is absolutely wonderful!! I am happy that I have a stash of Zimmerman Purple Rose.
Old 2010-12-21, 5:00am
Resident hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaracollins View Post
I am happy that I have a stash of Zimmerman Purple Rose.
And I am sorry I don't

Old 2010-12-21, 5:18am
formerly Marella

Nor do I but just looking at those beauties is inspirational....Kim, it's just incredible!

~
~
~
Old 2010-12-21, 5:20am
Resident hippie

Isn't it Gillian - Kim was always one of my favourites. Just looking at the gallery on her site would cheer me up - totally amazing.
And now this - the pictures so vibrant, the colours so amazing and the beads so, well, beautiful. . .

Old 2010-12-21, 11:28pm

Wow! Thank you all so much for the kind words and enthusiasm, and I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner to let you all know how much the feedback means to me. I'm house-and-pet sitting for some friends this week and when I'm here at their house net access is intermittent, so I've only been able to get online and answer emails, etc., at odd moments.

I'm honored that you're all so happy with the Color Archive and hope it will be the source of lots of inspiration and fun for everyone. Thanks again so, so much to all of you!

Old 2010-12-22, 11:37am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

WOW! I mean, WOW! I've only read a small portion of the Earth section so far and I am just blown away. I've already had a dozen moments of "I didn't know you could do that!" and "OMG, why didn't I ever do that?" But even more than that, it just feels incredibly luxurious to sit here with my big cup of coffee, a biscotti and see secrets revealed to some of the most stunning eye candy ever produced. Thank you, Kim.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-12-22, 6:13pm

You're such a sweetie, Lori. Thanks for that.

Also wanted to let everyone know that the 4 smaller, separate volumes (Earth, Fire, Air and Water) of the Color Archive are now available for download. It took me longer than I thought to get them all formatted and there has been very little demand for the smaller versions so far, but they're up now for anyone who's interested.

Old 2010-12-23, 10:44am

Kim,

It is amazing!! Thanks for taking the time to put it together!
Mary
Old 2010-12-23, 11:55am
Newfoundland lover!

I got it but...I am not supposed to be looking at it. I it is a christmas present from my husband. But I peeked and it is awesome! Can't wait to see it all and get all inspired!
Great job
Merilee

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2010-12-23, 1:59pm

Thank you, Mary!

You too, Merilee. Although peeking is naughty and I can't condone it.

Old 2010-12-24, 8:06am
Sorry for party rockin'

Your Color Archive is incredible, Kim!!! Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into this

Old 2010-12-24, 8:26am
Wyoming Silvers

Merry Christmas to me!!

Lovin my Lynx with M20
Old 2010-12-24, 8:41am
aka Spawn Of Flame

This was my Christmas present too... and I more than peeked at it! I've already made some beads inspired by it - not the same colors, nor the same patterns, but somehow inspired anyway.

Thank you!

--
--
--