Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-08-06, 1:03pm

Default I tossed an idea at Zooziis...

And now I am seeing that others are creating patterned presses...
but
my idea and would work great, create an insert brass, that can be used with the press and will IMPRESS the pattern.

Cheaper, you can use multiple pattern discs in the same press.
You will need to have them the size of the specific press and it probably would be better if the side were flat.

Now instead of having to buy a new press for a particular pattern, you can drop the disc into the bottom of the press and impress the design...

both sides...now that might take some doing but I think it can be done by letting it cool and then heating just one side...after all when you put your pattern in...you would prefer that the bead be cool and only the surface moldable.

ok ok then there is the getting it out and putting it in

but think about it...pressing images/patterns into your pressed beads without having to buy a whole new press....

If you run with it...maybe you will send me some of them

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2006-08-06, 3:22pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Ummmm, doesn't Amy already do this with her texture tools? Or were you referring to something different?

http://zooziis.com/index.asp?PageAct...TS&Category=45

-Yee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-08-07, 7:20am

I haven't looked at tools for a long time. But I suggested to Amy last year that she create brass discs with a pattern cut out that can be put inside of the press...so that when you put your bead in the press you will get a pattern...kind of like a cookie press... but it is an addition to the actual press with interchangeable inserts...is that what she has done? I emailed her recently but haven't heard back...will have to email her again...!
she makes the very best tools!

thanks for the link...that is sort of the idea...I know at the time she said that they didn't want to turn our lampwork into something like czech pressed glass...

A with a cut out that will sit inside of the flat bottom of the press... will do it too and you don't have to buy a new press for each one... I suppose you could take some brass wire and coil it to the right size and drop it in the bottom of the press and get the same effect but it would be an indentation...if you want it to be raised it would take a flat disc that is incised...that is in the bottom....and press for a raised pattern ))

Beads galore at my ebay store!

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!

Last edited by !ngridh; 2006-08-07 at 7:25am.