Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-01-10, 1:16pm
Rachel Love fire!

Location: Live in oregon where the sun hardly shines and the grouns is mushy!
Red face Looking for some bright colors

Hello! I am looking for bright pinks and purples in the same COE as moretti. Moretti has some wonderful colors but just not enough in the way of pinks and purples. I just ordered 4, 1/4lb of some nice purple shades of a new brand called ASK 104 from an e-bay seller. Is there anywhere else that I should look to find the colors that I want?
Old 2007-01-10, 4:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenfireGlassworks View Post
Hello! I am looking for bright pinks and purples in the same COE as moretti. Moretti has some wonderful colors but just not enough in the way of pinks and purples. I just ordered 4, 1/4lb of some nice purple shades of a new brand called ASK 104 from an e-bay seller. Is there anywhere else that I should look to find the colors that I want?
The million dollar question. They are hard to find. I've found the best bright pink to be a Reichenbach (96COE) called Purple (oddly enough). They also have a bright purple - can't remember the name.

You can try the Purple 254 in Moretti - sometimes it's pink, sometimes it's purple, sometimes it's crap - but pretty.

Bullesye also has a nice bright pink (90COE).
Old 2007-01-10, 5:14pm

Oh, there are lots of pinks - they are just all pale pink. I want opaque bright Fuschia pink. The R purple is the closest I have found. I'm going to start experimenting with boro now that I have finally mastered encasing (after 7 years LOL).
Old 2007-01-10, 6:03pm
Looking for my waistline

Lauscha has a couple of nice purples. I like the transparent purple and the opaque version being called "Hawaiian Purple."
Old 2007-01-10, 6:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
Lauscha has a couple of nice purples. I like the transparent purple and the opaque version being called "Hawaiian Purple."
Oh, yes, those go without saying.
Old 2007-01-10, 6:29pm
Looking for my waistline

If you're patient enough to mix your own colors, here's a chart that will give you a few more options.

http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads...or%20chart.htm
Old 2007-01-10, 8:12pm

But be careful with the lauscha opaque--AKDesigns just lost a whole set with that it doesn't always play well with other glass .
lauscha lady has some lovely pinks tho...(again, compatibility *may* be an issue, one never knows for sure with lauscha colors--they can/may be off a few points)
Rubino pink (moretti/effetre) is pretty if you put it over white--Suzanne & Kandice do lovely things with it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-01-10, 8:17pm

I suggest being careful with the messy as well. It evidently doesn't like all the moretti colors. EVERY single thing I did with the messy celedon and moretti gray has checked. and it was such a pretty combo.

A.

A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
Old 2007-01-10, 8:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
But be careful with the lauscha opaque--AKDesigns just lost a whole set with that it doesn't always play well with other glass .
Really? I've never had a problem with the opaques. I've heard the cobalt transparent cracks when encased.

Which opaques?
Old 2007-01-11, 12:02am
Viking Flame Keeper

Debbie, I've only had troubles with the Lauscha opaque purple.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.