No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-01-14, 11:46am
Dichro Queen

Unhappy What can I do..if anything?

I ordered some glass from a fairly well known business back on Nov. 8 of last year. I gave it 3 weeks and the order did not arrive. I contacted the business and the owner said they would check on it. Nothing. I wrote again several times and no glass. In mid December I emailed and said that I thought that the order must be lost. I was again told to wait. Finally the owner agreed that the order was lost and promised to send out a replacement order on December 29. I still have no glass. I have emailed several times and have been told they are checking on it. Do I have any recourse or have I just lost my money? I do not want to name the business yet b/c I am still hoping that somehow they will come through. So it is now over 2.5 months (sigh). Any ideas?

Jenny
Old 2007-01-14, 11:55am
Tinder Bloom Studio

Ask them for the tracking number that it was shipped under. 2.5 monthes is way too long to wait for an order of glass from anyone! If they can't supply you with a tracking number then I would pursue a charge back and out the company.
Old 2007-01-14, 11:56am
novembersfyre everywhere

I would call them one more time. Request that the glass be sent out the same day and that a tracking number be emailed to you. If by the next day the tracking number has shown no movement I would call my credit card company and do a charge back.

It's been over 2 months! That is more than long enough for them to take care of the problem. Be prepared to document to your cc company any efforts to work with the glass company. They will want the dates that you talked to them and the results of the conversations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-14, 11:56am
novembersfyre everywhere

Flamefilly - great minds and all that

Old 2007-01-14, 11:58am
In search of her path....

Are you located in the same country of the supplier or in another country this may be where there could be a problem. I can say from experience that when I have shipped to foreign countries most notabley the Netherlands and Australia that some packages take an egregiously long time to get to the customer through no fault of myself or the customer. Its something to do with customs within either the US or the receiving country,Usually the receiving country but not always.

There have been times where I have sent packages the same day out to foreign countries one to the netherlands another to germany the one to german for there in about 4-5 days the onle to the netherlands took over 3 weeks and it was sent global priority mail.Most recently there was a case in a bulk buy where the package was shipped in october to australia and not received until the end of december or the beginner of january. its crazy and makes no sense...

Prints for sale in my
!

Last edited by IF-Designs; 2007-01-14 at 12:01pm.
Old 2007-01-14, 12:00pm
Dichro Queen

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I paid by check and it has been cashed. Sheesh. I am so bummed!

Still hopin' (eternal optimist)

Jenny
Old 2007-01-14, 12:01pm
trying to follow along

I would out the company anyway... even if you do get the glass this is really poor customer service. I don't really understand the reluctance to out companies (I see this on the sewing board I frequent as well) If you got this treatment from Walmart you'd have no problems telling everyone who it was. I think smaller businesses should be held to the same standard.
Old 2007-01-14, 12:09pm
Dichro Queen

Nope, the company is not in the US, but I have ordered from them in the past and all was well. Even if something is gobbled up by customs - it still seems like 2.5 months (actually a little over this) something...anything...should have arrived? If I don't hear from them (I emailed again last Friday) in another day or two, I will do as you say and email and ask for the shipping number to be emailed to me within 24 hours. The problem is, whenever I ask for the date that the order was shipped, I either do not receive a reply or am told they have to check on it and will get back to me. I am developing patience the hard way - LOL. Thank you again for your advice everyone.

Jenny
Old 2007-01-14, 12:22pm
In search of her path....

something seems a lil amiss I will admit...I would keep persisting.

Prints for sale in my
!